Summer of suffering week 4

captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,083 ★★★★★
Who are all the best options here?

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,083 ★★★★★

Depends if you’re just going for completion and “skipping” this week or going for the objectives

I'm planning to skip one of the objectives actually.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 217

Depends if you’re just going for completion and “skipping” this week or going for the objectives

I honestly thought about speedrunning with nimrod just for the completion if I couldn’t do the objectives. Haven’t had a chance to read the nodes yet but my roster is “kind-of” limited so I usually have to use a non-typical option for the objectives. I’ll come back to this and let you know. I’ve seen people saying hulkling for one of them. Maybe possibly scorp for the sinister six if you don’t have shocker? Idk
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★
    edited September 25
    I m in middle of fight, not sure why my overseer is taking burst damage, he isn't preventing toad's heal (or is it by any means? mastery?). It's like i m doing fine then suddenly take burst damage, that is annoying me.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 772 ★★★

I honestly thought about speedrunning with nimrod just for the completion if I couldn’t do the objectives. Haven’t had a chance to read the nodes yet but my roster is “kind-of” limited so I usually have to use a non-typical option for the objectives. I’ll come back to this and let you know. I’ve seen people saying hulkling for one of them. Maybe possibly scorp for the sinister six if you don’t have shocker? Idk
    Nimrod probably not a great option, you take 30% max health damage if you remove his regens.
    Ortoun said:

Nimrod probably not a great option, you take 30% max health damage if you remove his regens.
    Yep I knew there’d be some node like that…of course
    Ashacekar said:

I m in middle of fight, not sure why my overseer is taking burst damage, he isn't preventing toad's heal (or is it by any means? mastery?). It's like i m doing fine then suddenly take burst damage, that is annoying me.

Is this the 30% max health damage for removing regens thing
    Shocker is an excellent option for the fight. Can invalidate prowess on his own. Only if Ai doesn't suck.
  • Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 204 ★★
    AI has been like this for so long, probably isn’t even on their agenda atp.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★
    edited September 25

Ashacekar said:

Special concussions prevent his regen effect from triggering, which causes burst (I guess so)
    Oh okie good to know, i m able to take about 20% health each attempt with the 20% revive potions.

The trick is fill bar close to sp2, you will have 5-6 gamma charges, then spam sp1s and relic to do a good stun luck. In all my attempt i don't even last till till reverse control and take burst somewhere during stun lock. I can definitely do better if burst doesn't happen. I won't recommend Overseer though.
    Now to think of other two objectives.

Shocker is a monster in this fight. Can invalidate prowess, can autoblock specials if you mess up the timing. One heavy at 150 charges and one heavy at 100 charges can easily end the fight.

This fight should take 2 mins with ideal AI, but yeah, it is what it is.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 283 ★★★

I have been getting stunned randomly, what am I missing? I was using hulk throwing s1s and got stunned in back to back fights.

Duped Toad builds prowesses when his poisons are prevented via immunity, and once he hits 10 prowesses he’ll consume them when either champ makes contact to inflict a passive stun. If you’re using a poison immune in this fight like Hulkling, you must either regularly intercept to invalidate the prowesses or regularly bait sp2 which consumes them.
    Does anyone used hulk for xl objective?

I have been getting stunned randomly, what am I missing? I was using hulk throwing s1s and got stunned in back to back fights.

You get stunned if he reaches 10 prowess
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Objectives for reference: