3rd Necro Path Team Advice

SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 298 ★★★
So I’ve got some revives expiring soon and nothing really to use them on besides a potential necro run (they’re gonna expire before the SOS gauntlet comes out, and I can farm back up before then), so I’m looking for some advice on what sorta squad I can put together to get a run done. I’ve done the two “easy” paths already, which leaves the three right side paths and the Sauron-Surfer path. I’m under the impression that the final left path is my best shot since I’m not super flush on resources right now, but I’m not sure who I should bring. Roster below (don’t mind the inflated PIs, I have some minor boosts active):

I’ve got most of the big options except Aegon (who I’ve no interest in using anyways), I’m mostly concerned about the trap nodes looking pretty annoying. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 298 ★★★
    I’ll also add I’m not too concerned about dedicating a team slot just for reverse controls immunity. I did Karatemike’s Shuri + 4 Zemos team for my path 2 run and didn’t find the Grandmaster all that much a problem. Only 10 revives on GM, and most of them weren’t even phase 4, just me messing up in phase 3.
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 417 ★★★
    I recently did that path

my team was

Kate
    chavez
    wong
    wiccan
    odin

6* chavez just for synergy

wiccan for GM reverse controls

wong for the fights where kate doesn't work as well

for you though as you are not worried about reversed controls i suggest

Kate
    Chavez
    Shuri
    ( storm x counter FAM)
    abs man ( for nova surfer etc)

kate can solo many of the fights if you know how to play her ( even air walker )

start with 1 coldsnap then 3 fragility then 3 coldsnap then 3 caltrops or tranquility whatever you need

also max despair and inequity

many have soloed GM with shuri so it shouldn't be a problem
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,155 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

I’ll also add I’m not too concerned about dedicating a team slot just for reverse controls immunity. I did Karatemike’s Shuri + 4 Zemos team for my path 2 run and didn’t find the Grandmaster all that much a problem. Only 10 revives on GM, and most of them weren’t even phase 4, just me messing up in phase 3.

Wow, that is crazy. Congrats!!! And best of luck on the rest of your Necro runs.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 298 ★★★
    Wolf911 said:

I recently did that path

my team was

Kate
    chavez
    wong
    wiccan
    odin

Kate
    Chavez
    Shuri
    ( storm x counter FAM)

kate can solo many of the fights if you know how to play her ( even air walker )

start with 1 coldsnap then 3 fragility then 3 coldsnap then 3 caltrops or tranquility whatever you need

Thanks for the advice. What’s the game plan against Chavez? Admittedly she’s one of the champs that has been concerning me, I’m worried her energy resist and her node punishing frequent knockdowns would be problematic for most of my options like Kate, Shuri, Onslaught, Wong, etc.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,211 ★★★★★
    If you’re going in terms of what’s easiest I actually think the red goblin to mantis path is easier. One coldsnap with Kate and you shut down the first trap node entirely. My team for that path was Kate/Chavez/Juggs/Abs/Doom, and I had no real issues other than shocker which was just from me being bad, Kate can do that fight well.

If you’re more comfortable or familiar with the Sauron path tho that one still isn’t too bad. My team was Kate/Chavez/Shuri/Fam/Juggs, and I again had no issues. Abs will help for the cosmic fights like wolf suggested but iirc Kate can do them both, so it’s not too big of a deal. I’d still recommend a rc immune personally but that’s up to you. It’s basically just a case of do you think is more difficult, gm phase 4 without an immune or the cosmic fights on the path without abs.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,211 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

Wolf911 said:

I recently did that path

my team was

Kate
    chavez
    wong
    wiccan
    odin

Kate
    Chavez
    Shuri
    ( storm x counter FAM)

Thanks for the advice. What’s the game plan against Chavez? Admittedly she’s one of the champs that has been concerning me, I’m worried her energy resist and her node punishing frequent knockdowns would be problematic for most of my options like Kate, Shuri, Onslaught, Wong, etc.
    She’s a tricky fight but Kate works. It was a 1 revive Kate fight for me, just simplify things by spamming coldsnap and pause it repeatedly baiting her sp1s. Refresh if you can but don’t force it, since you won’t have other arrows to worry about it’s not a big deal if they fall off since it’s easy to get them back. Just play it simple and safe.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,155 ★★★★★
    For sauron path, kate is great. The coldsnaps help with countering evade.

For the second half, use this trick. You have 8 sec timer where you can't dex. But this timer starts immediately after launching specials. Go for kate sp2, the perfect release will slow time and also the 3 second stun will help you to almost bypass the entire 8 sec cooldown.

Two tricky fights are storm x and chavez. Use nimrod for storm and leader for chavez