Can nothing be done?

SpecMSpecM Member Posts: 112
I use an iPhone XR, a 7-year-old device, so some lag is expected. The game generally runs well, though I experience occasional lag spikes lasting 3-10 seconds. This issue is likely on my end, not Kabam's. But what about the crashes?

The game crashes after about five fights. Initially, I thought it was just my old phone, but even players with newer, high-end devices face this too. The real frustration comes from the time it takes to reload the game, losing 50% of your champion’s health, potentially restarting the quest, and wasting energy and resources. Combined with other issues like dropped inputs and bad AI, we're constantly forced to endure these punishments.

I'm not sure if there will ever be a solution for these issues, but can Kabam really do nothing? I’m not asking for daily revives, but at least they could give us energy refills, a lot of them.

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,406 ★★★★★
    edited September 30
    The problem isn't the game or kabam, it's your 7yr old phone! The only thing that can and should be done is to upgrade your phone or get a new device to play on.
  • SpecMSpecM Member Posts: 112
    But I saw many posts of players with higher-end phones(iPhone 14 and iPhone 15) facing the same issue. What about them?
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,732 ★★★★★
    SpecM said:

But I saw many posts of players with higher-end phones(iPhone 14 and iPhone 15) facing the same issue. What about them?

Pretty sure there’s don’t get crashed ever 5 fight. That’s one you’re old phone problem.
  • MizuriNicoleMizuriNicole Member Posts: 37
    I hear less complains from Android users, seems like it all around effects more iOS devices

I hear less complains from Android users, seems like it all around effects more iOS devices

How the tables have turned. I would definitely pick an Android over Apple any day, too bad this is the best I've got.
  • Rob0001Rob0001 Member Posts: 43
    My girl has this same phone and mcoc runs flawlessly. Maybe take better care of your S***
    edited September 30
    Rob0001 said:

My girl has this same phone and mcoc runs flawlessly. Maybe take better care of your S***

But I can't take care of a phone that I didn't own before, can I? This XR was given to me this year after the previous owner dropped it. Even though it is a 6-year-old phone, it still runs this game better than my $100 low-end Android, which I previously owned.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited September 30
    It wouldn't make sense for game developers to put effort into improving games for old devices. It would be a waste of time and money. It sucks, but that's reality.
    Kabam keeps the minimums as low as they can for as long as they can, but eventually an old device just isn't going to keep up. Especially if it's been damaged.
    SpecM said:

I thought it was just my old phone, but even players with newer, high-end devices face this too.

Everyone seems to be missing this point. Guys,  the game runs good enough on my phone; it's not the issue here. My only issue is the sudden random crashing when the game is working fine; when I select a champion and I start the fight, the game crashes sometimes.

If you search "crash" in the forum, you will see that players with iPhone 15 also face this issue. 

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,467 ★★★★
    No because if you are doing nothing, you are doing something - nothing
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited September 30
    SpecM said:

SpecM said:

I thought it was just my old phone, but even players with newer, high-end devices face this too.

Everyone seems to be missing this point. Guys,  the game runs good enough on my phone; it's not the issue here. My only issue is the sudden random crashing when the game is working fine; when I select a champion and I start the fight, the game crashes sometimes.

If you search "crash" in the forum, you will see that players with iPhone 15 also face this issue. 

The game is crashing because it's not working fine. It is not a common thing for the game to crash as often as you are experiencing it. Your phone can only handle the game being open for so long. It is a device issue.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,424 ★★★★★
    Nothing can easily be done.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,435 Guardian
    I know a guy with the iPhone XR and it constantly crashes on them. Back when I had my note 20, it would crash a metric ton. Haven't had any issues on my newer phone, so I think it is mostly just a phone problem and sucks that you have to deal with it.
    Pikolu said:

I know a guy with the iPhone XR and it constantly crashes on them. Back when I had my note 20, it would crash a metric ton. Haven't had any issues on my newer phone, so I think it is mostly just a phone problem and sucks that you have to deal with it.

I understand, and that's unfortunate. I thought many were facing this issue, but it appears only a few are. But good news is, coincidentally, I actually didn't crash again after making this post. Hope this is not a temporary thing🤞