**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Game Display in Galaxy S8

Planning to get the S8 and I wanted to know how this game scales to the longer than usual aspect ratio of the S8's screen.

Will there be pillar boxing? Or will the game be stretched fullscreen? If stretched to full screen, does this mean the champions and images will appear wider?

Comments

• Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I have no idea on your question to be honest, what I will say though is compared to my Samsung galaxy s5 what recently broke, I started using an iPhone 5s and the difference in speed and graphics is amazing!

So amazing I went and got an IPhone 7 and love it.

I used to do a run of arena fights with boosts and when recharging the champs, that set of 3 fights would be taking 3-3.5 mins.

iPhone it takes under 2 mins.
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    I hear good things about iPhone users. I currently have the S8+, and i have no regrets.
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    But to answer your question. It fills the screen, no it doesn't make it appear wider.
  • Options
    PilgrimmPilgrimm Posts: 18
    Good to know. Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    Hey,

I got a S8 this weekend and mine looks fine. There are 2 ways to run the game. You can do it in normal mode which leaves some space on each end dark.

There is also the full screen mode. The characters don't get stretched and I have not received any problems in this mode. Everything seems to fit nice and really looks amazing on the screen.

• Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Fuzzylumps wrote: »
    Hey,

I got a S8 this weekend and mine looks fine. There are 2 ways to run the game. You can do it in normal mode which leaves some space on each end dark.

There is also the full screen mode. The characters don't get stretched and I have not received any problems in this mode. Everything seems to fit nice and really looks amazing on the screen.

Can you post a screenshot for both modes? Thanks in advance! :)
  • Options
    First one is normal mode (with the borders)tllevb1xokeg.png
  • Options
    Second one with Full screen mode - hope this helps 41evd2kfbgae.png
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Thanks again :)
  • Options
    PilgrimmPilgrimm Posts: 18
    Great screenshots. So the normal mode does have the pillar boxes (black bars at the left and right).

But it's good to see that the images are not warped in fullscreen mode.

Thanks a lot for confirming.
  • Options
    cytwbccytwbc Posts: 93
    also there is a game center and game mode which when using you wont get any pesky notifications ( chat apps, texts, etc ) while in game. also has a recording mode ( not sure if any of these are new, since my last phone was a s5, got the S8 now)