Raids Prowler in the middle path

ser_Arthurser_Arthur Member Posts: 28
So the Invisible woman fight was already terrible and 100% untested.
Now there's a Prowler fight on the last node of the middle path where you cna gain charges by punishing his heavies and specials. You can't actually punish his specials tho without a vigilance WHICH YOU GET FOR 10 SECONDS AFTER PUNISHING HIS SPECIALS.
And yes I understand that you can simply bait heavies at first and gain the vigilance but c'mon, it's a 10 second Vigilance. That's outrageous.

You guys really need to actually test these fights before launching them. Give the content creators access to test them or something. This is just insanely dumb.

Comments

• SuperSam568SuperSam568 Member Posts: 59
    Ironheart counters the miss. So you can fight like it’s not there. Very simple fight too, can be done with 1% revive. It’s just the combination that makes it horrid if you don’t have perfect counter.

But yeah, the only option if you do t have her is punish heavies and then hope that prowler is feeling generous with his special 1 so you can punish it whilst the vigilance is up.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 817 ★★★
    Cgr can work if you time his buffs right, but yeah it's a terrible fight either way
  • SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,251 ★★★★
    So glad someone else posted this. Was having the same issue. This fight needs some adjustment or the pool of champs to use against it needs adjustment... I could be wrong and maybe I just need to be educated on how to do this right with any champ in the current pool
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,249 ★★★★★
    Also his heavies and special animations are wierd. It needs practice to punish him reliably.
  • NanosamaNanosama Member Posts: 60
    If you punish his heavy 4 times at the beginning, you get the vigilance passive.
    You can refresh it easily by punishing his SP1 which he is prone to use.
    If you lose it, bait another heavy and you’re good to go.
    Worked for me anyway.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    Nanosama said:

If you punish his heavy 4 times at the beginning, you get the vigilance passive.
    You can refresh it easily by punishing his SP1 which he is prone to use.
    If you lose it, bait another heavy and you’re good to go.
    Worked for me anyway.

If you're using a weak spot champ - exactly this - I was hitting cap with Spiderham, bait heavy - then get him to cycle sp1s, not only are they refreshing vigilance but it's powering weak spot and he's beating himself up with the power stings.
  • SCZSCZ Member Posts: 191 ★★
    Punish heavies to get the vigilance then refresh by punishing heavy or specials. Was hitting max damage with OG IM easily. Just need to adjust how you play.
  • Drax_ReflexologistDrax_Reflexologist Member Posts: 133 ★★
    I just got to this fight and will add my 2 cents. I believe there’s still an inherent flaw in the fight. I’m stuck running Assault and picked Nick (dot boost) figuring he’d be great for IW (he was).
    I knew Prowler would be rough because of his bleed immunity.
    However knowing I could get a few intercepts in at the beginning to help build charges by punishing the heavy, then get the boon and just punish sp1 and had a decent fight.
    It is hard to get the AI to play along for the intercepts, but I did it as well as could be hoped for and got the boon and started punishing sp1.
    It worked fine once, but the vigilance falls off too fast. It runs out during his (lengthy) sp1 animation and then I can’t punish the sp1.

Bottom line, in this summoner’s opinion, the vigilance buff needs to be longer to have a chance at maintaining a rotation.
  • ser_Arthurser_Arthur Member Posts: 28
    Yea my main point is that why is there a pool of champions that are totally garbage in 2/3 fights??
    I love White Tiger and chose her. She was completely, utterly useless against IW and now it's the same thing against Prowler. I need armour breaks on prowler so I need to do MM combos, then use an sp1 and only then I can start baiting heavies to get the vigilance. It takes forever to build the charges in this fight.
    Terrible design, terrible pool of champions to choose from.
  • ser_Arthurser_Arthur Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2

Ironheart counters the miss. So you can fight like it’s not there. Very simple fight too, can be done with 1% revive. It’s just the combination that makes it horrid if you don’t have perfect counter.

But yeah, the only option if you do t have her is punish heavies and then hope that prowler is feeling generous with his special 1 so you can punish it whilst the vigilance is up.

Well it's good that you have the perfect counter for the fight. But there are 2 other roles and a relatively large pool of champions to choose from. Why are there champions tagged for Raids if they're unusable in these fights? I mean ffs there's 4 fights!!? Just make every champion at the very least USABLE in these fights. This is insanely bad design. It's laughably bad.
  • SuperSam568SuperSam568 Member Posts: 59
    Yeah it’s stupid that there’s like a handful that work. And the rest just don’t.

It’s basically sheer luck if you choose the right hero for the first raid.