Strategy for Jack's Battlegrounds Blitz

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 495 ★★
Greetings, Summoners!

We are 1.5 days into Jack’s Battleground Blitz, and we haven’t crossed the 47 million point mark yet—well below the target pace we need to hit the 1.5 billion points goal. With 26.5 days left, it’s crucial that we realign our strategies and address some community-wide concerns to stay on track.

After reading feedback from players, I’ve outlined a more focused approach to overcoming burnout, resource drain, and matchmaking issues. Here’s a breakdown of how we can turn the tide.

1. Point Accumulation in Jack's Battleground Blitz

Before diving into community concerns, let’s recap how points are earned:

Points System Breakdown

Victory Track:

Elder's Marks: 45 points for a win, 23 points for a loss
Energy: 8 points for a win, 4 points for a loss

Gladiator's Circuit:

Elder's Marks: 90 points for a win, 28 points for a loss
Energy: 16 points for a win, 4 points for a loss

2. Community Challenges & Suggested Solutions

Burnout: One of the most cited concerns is burnout, especially in the context of matchmaking and how repetitive matches against the same weight class of opponents can lead to frustration. Facing off against yourself repeatedly or being at the mercy of unfavorable drafts is disheartening. A critical issue is the lack of enjoyable matches in Gladiator's Circuit. Many players, including higher-ranked ones, often face themselves or tough matchups repeatedly. But this isn't exactly an issue, nor should it be solved. The Gladiator's Circuit is meant to be tough, brutal, and a test of skill. But, burnout is still a major issue. Burnout leads players to take breaks, slowing point generation. Without specific objectives, players may step away until better matchmaking improves the experience, which decreases potential daily points contribution. We can't blame regular GC Summoners. The best we CAN do is ask for extensive participation, and to encourage smaller accounts first. Our solution? Pace yourself. And DO NOT QUIT MATCHES! Note that even if you lose or win, your match STILL contributes the same number of points if it were the other way round.

Resource Management: Focus on balancing your use of Marks. If you're low on Marks, aim to preserve them by playing smart. Consider spacing out your Marks usage. Personally, I use my marks at the times when I am sure that it wouldn't matter if I won or lost, like at the start of a progression level. If you need one game to win to clear another level, you may use Elder's Marks and risk yourself a win. But this is more of a pet peeve. I would also recommend conserving units. In the minor event that your run low on Elder's Marks, save your units to purchase them from the Battleground Store. Using Elder’s Marks yields far more points than using Energy, but players are reluctant to burn through all their Marks in the early stages. Once a player reaches the Gladiator's Circuit, there's little motivation to continue using Marks, especially with less enticing milestone rewards until the 500 million mark. Using Units to purchase more Marks adds another layer of hesitation.

Early Matchmaking Issues: Another key issue involves early matchmaking, where smaller accounts often face significantly stronger ones, discouraging newer or smaller players from participating actively. Discouragement among smaller accounts reduces the potential for them to contribute to the overall point pool. Encouraging smaller accounts to participate more and emphasizing the value of playing Battlegrounds with two-day objectives could help.

Early Matchmaking and Milestone Composition: Props to @DrZola for pointing out an important issue with early matchmaking. Smaller accounts are being paired with significantly stronger ones, which leads to discouraging one-sided matches. Our Solution? Adjust Milestones. If we could push for two-day objectives or even request Kabam to adjust how milestones are structured, it might encourage broader participation, helping to balance out the resource-rich and resource-strapped players. Dr. Zola highlighted that for bigger Battleground players, the rewards don’t get truly interesting until the 500 million mark, with Titan Hero Shards and T6CC becoming the main incentives. The early rewards such as 7* shards, while still valuable, are no longer a major priority. This leads to many high-end players playing less frequently after reaching the early milestones, causing further point delays.

My Calculations (with the help of AI) for Gladiator's Circuit

From past Battleground seasons, it is estimated that around 10-20% of the player base reaches the Gladiator's Circuit by the season's end. Based on general participation in competitive modes like Battlegrounds, out of 1,000,000 active players in a Realm-based event, around 100,000-200,000 might enter the Gladiator's Circuit.

(Author's note: Thanks to IBM WatsonX gpt-4o model for this analysis)
Let's break down the necessary contribution per player based on these numbers:

Assumed Player Base: If 150,000 summoners participate heavily and play 4-6 matches per day:

On average, summoners in Victory Track with Energy would earn around 40-60 points/day. If they used Elder's Marks for optimal matches, they would earn around 200-300 points/day.
In the Gladiator's Circuit, summoners could accumulate 500-1000 points/day by using Elder's Marks and winning a majority of matches.
Contributions: With a base estimate of 150,000 players participating:

If each Gladiator Circuit summoner contributed 500 points per day, that would generate 75 million points/day.
Adding Victory Track summoners who play sporadically, if 100,000 summoners average 50 points/day, that contributes another 5 million points/day.
This sums up to about 80 million points/day, enough to reach 1.5 billion points over 28 days.

I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR IDEAS AS WELL. HOW DO YOU THINK THAT WE CAN REACH THE 1.5 BILLION MARK IN THE REALM EVENT?

Comments

• Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 495 ★★
    arifin74 said:

Summary please.

Basically, control your Elder's marks, play at least 3 matches a day with Elder's if you're mid-tier, 2 if you're low tier, and high-tiers play a lot anyway. Conserve units in case you run out of Elder's Marks. Don't quit matches even if you match with a higher tier player because you'll gain points for the Realm rewards anyway.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,144 ★★★★★
    Just keep winning
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 973 ★★★
    I only use elder Marks because I stockpiled them a while ago, so I'm doing my part
  • _Pez__Pez_ Member Posts: 254 ★★★
    Yes, you get more points for GC but I dont feel the rate is going to increase beyond what it is now, so I think we will end up more likely around 700 million and would have been better off with a regular season. Some anniversary!
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 495 ★★
    PT_99 said:

Just keep winning

See, that's the thing. Even if you lose, it does not hamper the Realm points so long as you don't quit.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,376 ★★★★
    bro... relax man...
    so many players won't even begin playing bgs until a few days or a week into the season.....
    and not many if anoyne is in GC yet.
    once people get to GC points will speed up a lot.... as GC is worth a lot more....

take a breath!!!!!!
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Guys and gals,

I have worked out the magic formula for a stress free BG Realm, does not require big accounts or skills.

The formula is simple really

Open Wallet = Elder Marks = Points = Easy rewards

🤣🤣🤣

That is why Kabam put so much weight on Elder Mark points, A lost in VT with Elder Mark have more point than a win in GC with energy. This feel very similar to the original BG scoring system, I think KT1 did a video on it before it was change, essentially just lost with Elder Mark and you will be fine.

We just need to follow Kabam plan and all will be fine 😁👍

🤣🤣🤣
    there are plenty of elders marks available for free throughout the duration of the event.
    in addition to those from climbing ranks... i think everyone will be ok
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,092 ★★★★★
    Or… the milestones set just aren’t realistic for the number of players that actually play the mode so we’ll end up with less overall rewards then we would’ve had without this….

Making Ls out of Ws… the never ending cycle these days
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 424 ★★
    GC gives more points but less people will enjoy GC meta . Which gives more points so more pain.🤦

Previously if I score 300k points - I gety rewards but now I need to wait for almost a month🤷.

Most points will come from VT wins from more players that's my point as reaching 5000 individual points is a pain in itself when u enter GC u won't reach 5k points so based on GC experience (which is frustrating as u need specific counter and dot champs and many ranked champs are useless)

If many don't even reach there 5k points then forget about reaching all milestone
    Maat1985 said:

bro... relax man...
    so many players won't even begin playing bgs until a few days or a week into the season.....
    once people get to GC points will speed up a lot.... as GC is worth a lot more....

take a breath!!!!!!

🤣🤣 Have u played the GC node last time
    Asher1_1 said:

GC gives more points but less people will enjoy GC meta . Which gives more points so more pain.🤦

Previously if I score 300k points - I gety rewards but now I need to wait for almost a month🤷.

Most points will come from VT wins from more players that's my point as reaching 5000 individual points is a pain in itself when u enter GC u won't reach 5k points so based on GC experience (which is frustrating as u need specific counter and dot champs and many ranked champs are useless)

If many don't even reach there 5k points then forget about reaching all milestone

so many whales will make up freaking gigantic scores tho.... so there is also that to consider.....
  • IlociaMIlociaM Member Posts: 123
    5k points and sleep trough the month
    Maat1985 said:

Asher1_1 said:

so many whales will make up freaking gigantic scores tho.... so there is also that to consider.....
    many have scored 50k points in crystal cleaning but are we even close to the last milestone ?? we barely crossed 500mil which is just half. same thing will happen the Titan crystal in the milestone we will barely make it
    Asher1_1 said:

Maat1985 said:

Asher1_1 said:

many have scored 50k points in crystal cleaning but are we even close to the last milestone ?? we barely crossed 500mil which is just half. same thing will happen the Titan crystal in the milestone we will barely make it
    totally different thing tho.
    there is no rewards in crystal cleansing.
    people are holding huge stashes cus they do not want to waste time opening crystals that give them stuff they don't want for rewards they don't want.
    Asher1_1 said:

Maat1985 said:

bro... relax man...

take a breath!!!!!!

🤣🤣 Have u played the GC node last time
    many people will still play a lot tho. and we all all know those at the top who get big scores play a hell of a lot and use elders marks all the way