Genuine question/concern about Glorious Guardians reworks

UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,308 ★★★★
First, let me say THANK YOU KABAM!!! This is truly AWESOME!

But, my question comes with what happens to these champs in retroactive content? It's one thing if they're just on a path on a quest, but say they're a Boss in an Act and was already difficult, now even more punishing for new players or those that haven't completed the content.

That is what it is. But my BIGGEST question/concern is what about Everest content? The Crucible already has a Purgatory on the path. For those of us who haven't completed it yet, are we going to have an even harder challenge than those that have?

Once again I'm not complaining I'm super grateful and excited about these updates. I WOULD however like some sort of official confirmation on something like Everest content that was built a particular way, like Necropolis etc.

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    I would fully expect these champs to change in the Crucible if they are in there. The only times they don't change is in true everest content - RoL, LoL, AoL and Necro (probably?). Main reason being, they are technically all different champions with different kits built specifically for that piece of content. Since Crucible pulls from Act 7 and those champs are their original kits with nodes, they will almost certainly change.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    What Furrymoosen said is correct. The “true” Everest content, with the massively inflated health pools even without nodes, has special “ex” versions of champs that are technically distinct characters with distinct kits, although they pull from the same models and animations. This is why ROL Black Panther has the updated model and ROL Storm uses her new animations but both have their old kits and not the buffed versions.

Necropolis qualifies as such, so Necropolis Purgatory will not be any different a fight after the buff goes live. The Crucible Purgatory, and her corresponding boss fight in act 7, will have the updated kit. It’s not gonna be a big deal though, and in instances where it is Kabam will (eventually) update the fight to accommodate the change. For example, there was one Red Skull fight on a path built around nullify, don’t remember where but I think it was act 8. His buff made him immune to nullify and he was now a monster there, but so they eventually replaced him with some other champ shortly afterwards. I doubt Purgatory will require such changes, but if she does Kabam will do it.