**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Should Brian Grant open his 3 EGGS?

124»

Comments

• RoborronRoborron Member Posts: 9
    KEEP THE EGGS
    Don’t do it Brian, untold horrors could be unleashed on the universe (plus the rewards are ****)!!!
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,901 ★★★★★
    KEEP THE EGGS
    What was actually fun and exciting: Vtd necro run..
    Ont the other hand, this is pure torture.
  • kvirrkvirr Member Posts: 125
    OPEN THE EGGS

They’re his to do what he wants with them… I find there is something cool and amusing in the fact Kabam is doing this. They didn’t have to this at all either. At the same time, I hope people realize the rewards for him doing this are not worth harassing and bugging him over.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, that's how folks will take it as that's what we want, a fun little clever way to acknowledge community lore and make the event a little more exciting, but the choice is 100% BG's and I hope folks don't pressure him either way. Looking forward to seeing what choice he makes!

Pinwheel on our side, he gotta open them !
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,401 Guardian
    (A) comment saying.. “I hope people realize the rewards for him doing this are not worth harassing and bugging him over.”

(B) Pinwheel following.. “Hopefully .. that's how people will take it”

(C) Somehow totally misreading that to think Pinwheel is agreeing with this commenter (c) and then going on to reassert “he gotta open them !”

???? The exact opposite of what Pinwheel had agreed with, that you shouldn’t be harassing and bugging him about it.
  • kvirrkvirr Member Posts: 125
    OPEN THE EGGS

(A) comment saying.. “I hope people realize the rewards for him doing this are not worth harassing and bugging him over.”

(B) Pinwheel following.. “Hopefully .. that's how people will take it”

(C) Somehow totally misreading that to think Pinwheel is agreeing with this commenter (c) and then going on to reassert “he gotta open them !”

???? The exact opposite of what Pinwheel had agreed with, that you shouldn’t be harassing and bugging him about it.

Buddy, it isn’t harassing, you should look up definitions
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Member Posts: 89
    KEEP THE EGGS
    These rewards are terrible. Keep the eggs
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,853 ★★★★★
    KEEP THE EGGS

Kabam is pathetic! I am so sick of them not getting raked by the community for their nonsense. Every time they make a big mistake there is no ownership or humility. The people that work there and do an amazing job of designing this game are constantly let down by management and PR employees. They miss manage this great game and abuse the player base all the while making us feel like we are the problem. They are only forced to humility when their money is threatened. Putting the players against each other over a terrible communist event is inexcusable. Just take the L and give the **** rewards to everyone. I wish BG was an alpha and told everyone to get bent. What a disgrace Kabam is over all these years they never figured it out.

I think you need a Snickers.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,853 ★★★★★
    KEEP THE EGGS

007Bishop said:

Twist1298 said:

It would be cool to see him do it because he singlehandedly helps a bunch of new players, but he has a reason for not opening the eggs.
    Not a fan of how it feels like special treatment for a content creator.

They could threaten him to unsub his channel if they want it so bad I guess...
    His subscribers were sending Brian money through YouTube superchat to tell him to keep the EGGS
    And you don't see the irony in all this?
    BG one of the most famous F2P players in the community is getting paid to not benefit F2P lower progression players...
    If any players want any rewards den they should hit the milestone
    The realm failed and that's the consequence, no rewards
    This is comming from the same guy asking everyone to load their BG deck with 2*... That's ironic too. You should team up with Alanis Morissette and revamp the song
    The same could be said about you not wanting to work together with the community for the BGs event, but expecting brian alone to make a sacrifice for your benefit
    I opened close to 10k.. how many did you open?
    And I am voting for keeping the eggs...lol
    That's great effort, I give credit where credit is due
    Unfortunately it is the newer players that are not doing their part in this game, many are not that invested in this game and are not putting in the effort
    How could you possibly know who's at fault?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,497 Guardian

They’re his to do what he wants with them… I find there is something cool and amusing in the fact Kabam is doing this. They didn’t have to this at all either. At the same time, I hope people realize the rewards for him doing this are not worth harassing and bugging him over.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, that's how folks will take it as that's what we want, a fun little clever way to acknowledge community lore and make the event a little more exciting, but the choice is 100% BG's and I hope folks don't pressure him either way. Looking forward to seeing what choice he makes!
    Honestly its not a fun clever nothing, for him is a Lose/Lose situation, for Kabam is just a way of putting a positive twist on a terrible designed Realm Event.
    And sorry I won't buy the "Testing the technology" speech anymore. If this was a test, and collection o data and so on, it doesnt make sense that the Test event is running at the same time as the real event is.
    Makes perfect sense to me.

For one thing, whenever you design a systems test, you generally build large margins to ensure that no matter what unpredictable circumstances arise, you’re guaranteed to have generated the test results intended. The last time I designed a major systems test I put several binary orders of magnitude of buffer in there: I ended up scheduling a twelve hour test and got what I needed in the first two. The test ran to completion anyway. They almost certainly have enough data to validate the realm systems by now, given the huge amount of data that the crystal cleanse produced.

The other thing is you might want to test what happens when you have overlapping realm events, because that’s a thing that might actually happen one day.

The rule with systems tests is: there are no tests. You test with things that are real in every way except you aren’t relying upon them. You do not design special tests with special features that won’t exist in production. The Crystal Cleanse Realm event is testing the realm event systems, but it is not a test event. It is a real event, just one with minimal stakes. There is no rule that says you shouldn’t run the realm event “test” at the same time as a “real” event because they are both real events and anything you would do with “real” events you have to do with the “test” event.

In other words, saying if the Crystal Cleanse was a “test” event you wouldn’t run it at the same time as a real event is tantamount to saying you would never run two realm events at the same time.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,742 ★★★★★
    edited October 8
    KEEP THE EGGS
    DNA3000 said:

Honestly its not a fun clever nothing, for him is a Lose/Lose situation, for Kabam is just a way of putting a positive twist on a terrible designed Realm Event.
    And sorry I won't buy the "Testing the technology" speech anymore. If this was a test, and collection o data and so on, it doesnt make sense that the Test event is running at the same time as the real event is.
    Makes perfect sense to me.

For one thing, whenever you design a systems test, you generally build large margins to ensure that no matter what unpredictable circumstances arise, you’re guaranteed to have generated the test results intended. The last time I designed a major systems test I put several binary orders of magnitude of buffer in there: I ended up scheduling a twelve hour test and got what I needed in the first two. The test ran to completion anyway. They almost certainly have enough data to validate the realm systems by now, given the huge amount of data that the crystal cleanse produced.

The other thing is you might want to test what happens when you have overlapping realm events, because that’s a thing that might actually happen one day.

The rule with systems tests is: there are no tests. You test with things that are real in every way except you aren’t relying upon them. You do not design special tests with special features that won’t exist in production. The Crystal Cleanse Realm event is testing the realm event systems, but it is not a test event. It is a real event, just one with minimal stakes. There is no rule that says you shouldn’t run the realm event “test” at the same time as a “real” event because they are both real events and anything you would do with “real” events you have to do with the “test” event.

In other words, saying if the Crystal Cleanse was a “test” event you wouldn’t run it at the same time as a real event is tantamount to saying you would never run two realm events at the same time.
    I respect your responses as they are educated. Based on the current track record of bugs, and mistakes. Let's not call the raid issue we had a bug, it was a mistake. Everything that happened today with the new release. I think running a "test" event along with the real event at the same time is probably not the best idea. Hey who knows it might be PERFECT, work exactly the way they intended; but as a player you kinda get the wrong message of being given a product that wasn't finished testing.
    So is it a test event and that's why the rewards were bad or is it not a test event and the rewards are just bad?
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 791 ★★★★
    edited October 8
    this situation sums up my view on things

individual rights > group rights

if individuals can be bullied around, pushed, and forced to do something they don't want to do (note: NOT saying kabam is doing that, it's an analogy on society), then they can do it to anyone else and rights mean nothing.

let the man keep his eggs, it's his choice.
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,477 ★★★★
    KEEP THE EGGS
    Peer pressuring Brian to open his eggs is kinda messed up tbh 😭
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Member Posts: 382 ★★

Twist1298 said:

It would be cool to see him do it because he singlehandedly helps a bunch of new players, but he has a reason for not opening the eggs.
    Not a fan of how it feels like special treatment for a content creator.

They could threaten him to unsub his channel if they want it so bad I guess...
    His subscribers were sending Brian money through YouTube superchat to tell him to keep the EGGS
    And you don't see the irony in all this?
    BG one of the most famous F2P players in the community is getting paid to not benefit F2P lower progression players...
    If any players want any rewards den they should hit the milestone
    The realm failed and that's the consequence, no rewards
    Nope we didn't fail. Kabam did. They should have thought this through properly.
    1million with such bull **** rewards? What were they thinking?that because we play this game, we are kids. Now see the realm event for bg too. Same thing will happen where they will try to cover their failure by pinning it on one guy to save the realm.
    Total nonsense.
    We would have hit all the milestones for the cleansing even if the rewards where at least better to be honest. A lot still have a lotta crystals they aren't opening.
  • SpiderMan2099MiguelSpiderMan2099Miguel Member Posts: 3
    OPEN THE EGGS
    @Kabam Zibiit is it possible you could tell us before the end of the event if it’s even possible for us to reach that last mile stone with out Brian Grant opening his three eggs or did we have no chance whatsoever to ever reach that final mile stone because people have to sleep people have to work people have to go to school, but giving this opportunity to finish the event without reaching that last mile stone by opening 1 billion crystals is a pretty great thing if we knew that it was impossible to open 1 billion crystals without that option and would you sweeten the pot at all for Brian Grant is there anything that is to be known about the ? iso shattered egg fragments? Or is it all just mysterious TBD? I’m curious because if he knew for certain that there was no chance we could actually finish the event without him opening those three eggs he may change his mind
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,283 ★★★★★
    KEEP THE EGGS
    its a free world, he can do what he wants
  • JESUSCHRISTJESUSCHRIST Member Posts: 59
    I was just out of a battlegrounds match and I saw the crystal cleansing event rewards all unlocked and I realized what happened
    Brian Grant had opened his EGGS
    I had watched his livestream about 12 hours to see any clues whether he will open the EGGS or not
    I had come to the conclusion that he will keep his EGGS
    Even the forum poll indicated that 61% of voters called for the EGGS to be kept
    I'm honestly very surprised that Brian had opened his EGGS but I was pleasantly happy to claim all the rewards
    I opened 15 k crystals and I am confident of getting the top 10% rank rewards
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,520 ★★★★★
    OPEN THE EGGS

Killing me with this. Hahaha