**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Best designed champion in the history of the game ? (Kit wise)

Comments

• Rogue_PrydeRogue_Pryde Member Posts: 15 β˜…
    In my opinion it's Kate.

Everything in her kit is perfectly designed to complement each other, leading to a perfect playstyle that admittedly i have not mastered, but can't deny.

Her crush, for example, is designed to be used in very specific situations, and very helpful when you do.

Her synergy with Chavez significantly improves her outputs.

Mutants are designed to be strong with prowesses, and Kate has no way to counter these. On the other hand her tranquilizers make her a threat against Sciences.
  • Rogue_PrydeRogue_Pryde Member Posts: 15 β˜…

Love her. But honestly outside my Necro run I pretty much lock her onto Coldsnap arrows only.

My point exactly. Her Coldsnap is more than enough for shorter fights. It's so strong that her arrows' durations are reduced to a quarter as a defender.

She is at her best for long form contents, yes. But she's also a real threat in shorter fights
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,397 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I like a lot of these answers, especially Hyp, Doom, Stealthy.

I’ll throw out Shocker. I’ve highlighted this on the forums before, but he’s a very flexible attacker who handles multiple classes. And you aren’t relying on placing debuffs on the opponent or maintaining buffs on yourself. You build charges and keep em until you need them. No timer watching. His flow isn’t vulnerable to nullify, purify, any of those pesky abilities. You can play him on whatever loop you need, you’re not constantly trying to force a specific rotation into a fight.

Throw in the ability go unblockable, a couple immunities, and enough defensive stuff to make people pay attention β€” incredible champ that doesn’t get enough love…

The best thing about shocker is
    1) His charges are permanent as you mentioned
    2) His damage is exactly right, not too high, not too low. He can take any similar rank mutants in one sp1 one sp2 rotation. After the buff he got exactly the damage he wanted. Best tech bg attacker imo.
    Stark spidey still the king but shocker is a solid second
  • Grand_Master_17Grand_Master_17 Member Posts: 28 β˜…
    to be honest, this would sound like an overhyped comment.. but KATE BISHOP
    she has good character design, 4 diff arrows for diff util, smooth special animations, works for short(bgs), medium(story/side quests) and long (necro)..

overall very balanced and good kit, util with damage is always appreciated
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 961 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    EdisonLaw said:

It’s gotta be serpent. I love that you can take him with almost any champ in the game as long as you have enough skill. It’s also so nice that he doesn’t ignore the class wheel by countering mystic abilities cuz that would be weird. It’s great that there’s no rng or ai reliance when fighting him, so that the only factor determining my success against him is my skill.

Certainly one of the designs of all time.

I liked when Serpent said, it's Serpen time and serped all over the Battlerealm.

Truly one of the champions of all time
    Many well vested in the game can design a champion like Serpent or your all time great. Give them a new ability, give them their class abilities, add some abilities from other classes, let them ignore 90% of their class wheel, then allow them to bypass some masteries and ta-daaa, all time great.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,144 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Quake

End of discussion πŸ˜‰
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,663 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Quake

End of discussion πŸ˜‰

Magik?
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,764 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Recently I would say Mr. Sinister, love his buff and I have been using him for every match possible in BG. I can't wait to get myself a 7 star.

Love her. But honestly outside my Necro run I pretty much lock her onto Coldsnap arrows only.

My point exactly. Her Coldsnap is more than enough for shorter fights. It's so strong that her arrows' durations are reduced to a quarter as a defender.

She is at her best for long form contents, yes. But she's also a real threat in shorter fights
    I wish Silver Midble’s critical shocks could hit that hard
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Member Posts: 372 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Herc and it’s not even close. Kabam Brocolli did it like no other. No one else will ever come close. Nick Fury, Dr Doom just to mention a few more champs he designed
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,781 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    FAM has an incredible kit...

Herc and it’s not even close. Kabam Brocolli did it like no other. No one else will ever come close. Nick Fury, Dr Doom just to mention a few more champs he designed

As much as I admit how broken he is with immortality, the rest of his kit is amazing
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 752 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Warlock. Relevant utility combo + respectable damage.

Warlock. Relevant utility combo + respectable damage.

He’s aged well indeed, also quite an annoying defender without a counter
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 793 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I love Galan, he’s very versatile and has so many different ways to play him. You can go for the normal big detonation, you can keep his harvest active most of the fight and be unstoppable with some healing, you can even use him to nuke mystics in BG and get around mystic dispersion. Plus he can be a nasty defender in some metas. Lastly he’s a playable Galactus, that’s awesome.

Honorable mention is Abs man, very well designed kit and he taught me to light intercept.
  • SpecMSpecM Member Posts: 120 β˜…
    Kitty Pryde
  • UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 568 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ansh_A said:

Hands down Doom

Best allround champion in the game - power control, attack, defense, resistance, etc. without being broken. Anyone can counter him but he is still a threat and he can counter a lot of content without going overboard

Best all around champ is Kate literally no content she isn’t good for doom is mid for bgs and Everest content expect for very select fights
  • shield311shield311 Member Posts: 523 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 12

Ansh_A said:

Hands down Doom

Best allround champion in the game - power control, attack, defense, resistance, etc. without being broken. Anyone can counter him but he is still a threat and he can counter a lot of content without going overboard

Best all around champ is Kate literally no content she isn’t good for doom is mid for bgs and Everest content expect for very select fights
    Doom is the best designed champion in his time, takes every content that used to exist in 2019 like abyss, story, arena, monthly quests.

Great design, great kit
    Due to recent champs and new content, he kinda fell off since he isn't very fast but very safe indeed.

Not to mention that he's still the best mystic in the game till date for overall usage
    shield311 said:

Ansh_A said:

Hands down Doom

Doom is the best designed champion in his time, takes every content that used to exist in 2019 like abyss, story, arena, monthly quests.

Great design, great kit
    Due to recent champs and new content, he kinda fell off since he isn't very fast but very safe indeed.

Not to mention that he's still the best mystic in the game till date for overall usage
    I don't think he's fallen off in other gamemodes, he's still a beast. I don't think he'll be a 7* so soon
  • solopolosolopolo Member Posts: 885 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    My personal favorite designs are Kitty, Scorpion, Claire Voyant and Warlock. Shang Chi is making his way up quickly as well.

As far as actually best design, I think Fury. He was released 5 years ago, and at every point since his release he's been among the best champions in the game, but never the single best, which I find impressive. He's never broken the game like other champs (Ghost/Quake/Herc), but he's always hovering just below them. He has very clear strengths and weaknesses, many different uses but manages to stay in his own lane, and I feel like that's not changing for a long time, unless Kabam decide to lock him behind 6*.
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 351 β˜…
    Screw it. I'm saying herc lol just to get the disagrees lmao. But just follow 3 simple steps and you and golden. Parry then heavy. Intercept and get knocked down. 1 time but if anything. Don't get knocked down but just parry heavy and intercept is all you need
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 513 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    shield311 said:

Ansh_A said:

Hands down Doom

Great design, great kit

Notice how you said "2019"
    Let doom go. HE IS NOT THE BEST MYSTIC. He was maybe back in 2019-2021
    Maybe he'll come back in the conversation as a 7* but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    LET THE PAST GO. There are better options in the mystic class with overall greater value than doctor doom
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,561 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    NONYABIZZ said:

shield311 said:

Ansh_A said:

Hands down Doom

Great design, great kit

LET THE PAST GO. There are better options in the mystic class with overall greater value than doctor doom
    Hercules is not the most used cosmic nowadays, people use hulkling cgr and others over him, Does that make him outdated.

Herc and doom are simply broken. They are not meta relevant, but I don't think meta relevancy is the only aspect we have to consider when determining who's the best champ. There are lot of other factors but the fact that doom will probably be the last mystic (or never will) to enter the 7* pool says a lot about who's the best mystic champion

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,561 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Ansh_A said:

Hands down Doom

They are both different champs with extremely different abilities, if you're going to compare someone with doom atleast compare him with another mystic champ lol.
  • shield311shield311 Member Posts: 523 β˜…β˜…β˜…

NONYABIZZ said:

shield311 said:

Ansh_A said:

Hands down Doom

Great design, great kit

Hercules is not the most used cosmic nowadays, people use hulkling cgr and others over him, Does that make him outdated.

Herc and doom are simply broken. They are not meta relevant, but I don't think meta relevancy is the only aspect we have to consider when determining who's the best champ. There are lot of other factors but the fact that doom will probably be the last mystic (or never will) to enter the 7* pool says a lot about who's the best mystic champion

Exactly lol
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 787 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Diablo, good utility, and if you don't happen to need part of it you can choose to have a shorter ramp up instead. Can easily finish fights with more health then you started with. So if you occasionally screw up and eat a combo it's not the end of the world.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,709 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    NONYABIZZ said:

shield311 said:

Ansh_A said:

Hands down Doom

Great design, great kit

Lol do tell. What mystic is miles and miles far and away above doom? I'll wait.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,538 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

NONYABIZZ said:

shield311 said:

Ansh_A said:

Hands down Doom

Great design, great kit

I can't tell you the last time I had herc in my bg deck however I still use him all the time in solo content. This most recent aw showcase, didn't look at defenders, didn't read nodes. Just picked my best tactic attackers and herc and was done in 10 minutes.