Servers down [Merged Threads]

1235745

Comments

  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 96
    edited December 2017
    AceDeMoN wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike thanks for closing my post without explaining the situation, luckily for me you're kind enough to post on this post. When can we expect this problem to be resolved?

    Well, when there are multiple threads on a subject, we choose to answer the one that is most constructive, and tend to delete the ones that are completely non-constructive.

    We are currently working on the situation, and will try to resolve it ASAP.

    When is ASAP? Its been an hour...
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 472
    The game is not currently in maintenance, but we are looking into some slow downs going on.

    Lie.

    I took this screen picture right now, two minutes ago, trying to open the game...

    Screenshot_2017-12-13-09-41-01-151_com.kabam.marvelbattle.png

    This is why I usually never bother to read any posts with orange font. They're always full of lies.

    EDIT: looks like the picture didn't work. Nothing works around here. It's the opening screen, with the message "the contest is currently down for emergency maintenance". You all know that message... we see it all the time. Well, it's there now. So... "not currently in maintenance", you say?

    Oh my, it’s almost as if he posted that when the game was having issues but still working for some, and before it went down for emergency maintenance.
    It had a lot of slowdown and wonky connections before it went down completely.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 653
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    botonox03 wrote: »
    I was doing a legends run......FML

    I am beyond upset at this. @Kabam Miike what happens with those who were going for a legends title?

    Legends titles are not affected by Server Outages because we make sure to take the downtime into account when calculating your Legends Run time.

    With all due respect @Kabam Miike I don't see how that's possible. The servers were wonky for what seemed to be several minutes before going down completely and that seems impossible to factor out of a Legends run. On top of that, disconnected in the middle of a fight means the timing for that fight gets thrown off also. And I guess it is possible the times are adjusted to record when the player logs back in after downtime ends, but even if you do that there's got to be an impossible to fully account for time to reenter the mission.

    And that's separate from the fact that players using boosts to accelerate their runs will likely have those boosts expire. That might be correctable by reboosting and waiting to be compensated for that, but that also seems to be a difficult thing to fully account for.

    It might only be minutes of discrepancy, but that could affect someone close to the cutoff time. I don't know how Kabam could be certain that Legend run times would not be affected by this kind of downtime.


    Stop it with all that realistic logic crap. We all know Kabam is never wrong about this kind of thing. Lol.
  • I’m starting to find myself constantly let down by the game being down at some of the most unfortunate times, one of which includes the begging of the 3rd year anniversary arena. Today 7:30 central time it’s down again, and I feel like these “emergency maintenances” are happening more and more often. This time I lost some rewards on the MODOK hotel that I was going to do at the last minute. Other times it costs me potions and revives in AQ and AW. This is a sincere question Kabam: Why does it feel like these blackouts are happening more often? What’s going on in the background? I would like to stay informed on what is going on, and hopefully this will help me feel less irate when I lose rewards or units.
  • JRock808 wrote: »
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    This isn't just about AQ timers. Sure, that's part of it, but it's also the guy who is losing time to do arena. An arena he might already be backed up on because of losing two rounds of arena time on Sunday, which he had to make up for. It's the one who lost their arena streak because of stuff dropping. Or the one who was finally getting time to do Modok, and can't now. Or the one who just used an energy refill, and now their energy is full and they can't do anything about it.

    The problem is this is becoming more frequent, and while Kabam employees tell us they are sorry, they've done nothing to prove it. No attempt to make it up to us, they haven't fixed the problem...it's frustrating. Really frustrating.

    It's also the people in the lab who won't finish, people trying to do aq for the evening before maintenance. People with war ending and bosses waiting to be killed. It's boosts expiring into nothing. It's energy refills used that will be wasted. It's a myriad of things that we will get no consideration for.

    Timed events and the like do not pause and Kabam could care less.

    Emergency maintenance now, scheduled maintenance next. It's done for the day. Good job.

    Oh yeah, and the 7 hour timer on my 5*s is about to finish. But who knows if I'll get a chance to use them. Another five hundred points lost in arena.
  • So missed out on Modok's lab...that's messed up.
  • Lol if we are gonna be salty @Kabam Miike can be salty.

    Someone who's in customer service, which is what a mod really is, shouldn't be salty with a pissed off player base.
  • TlmajrTlmajr Posts: 11
    With all these emergency shut down, I really hope a great compensation package is coming. It's really starting to make people mad, and me personally, is making me worry on buying more into the game (which sucks I really enjoy the game when it's going)
  • Dang, and I was in the middle of spinning a collector crystal when it said there is a problem with the wifi so it kept spinning until i got off the app. Hope there is some gift in the mail for all these emergency maintenance's.
  • Crot80Crot80 Posts: 15
    And back down
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 850
    Rotelly wrote: »
    botonox03 wrote: »
    I was doing a legends run......FML

    I am beyond upset at this. @Kabam Miike what happens with those who were going for a legends title?

    Legends titles are not affected by Server Outages because we make sure to take the downtime into account when calculating your Legends Run time.

    If you are doing a legend run and there is an outage does the time start again when you login next or the servers come back up? If you don’t know when the servers are up you could add a bunch of extra time to your run through no fault of your own

    I was literally going to post exactly this. I have never understood this explanation from kabam. Let’s say it’s misnight where u are and servers go down. Eventually after an hour u go to bed. Then game back up two hours later. Does legend time restart then or when the person is able to log back in? My guess is it’s when the game is back available which is most certainly not fair.
  • Up then down again. Awesome.
  • I think there needs to be compensation because I was in the middle of doing arena. And this is the second time in three days the game has gone down
  • Wish yall give us sumn nice
  • glad my items and reroll's were put to good use. Basically lost them because I went past the timer amount in modok lab. No shards and lost items. Kabammed!!! Any chance I can get those items back @Kabam Miike ???
  • 30 min AQ energy, arena histamina and boosts.
    Thanks
  • I was fighting Mordo in AQ smh...this so not fair at all.
  • AceDeMoN wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike thanks for closing my post without explaining the situation, luckily for me you're kind enough to post on this post. When can we expect this problem to be resolved?

    Well, when there are multiple threads on a subject, we choose to answer the one that is most constructive, and tend to delete the ones that are completely non-constructive.

    We are currently working on the situation, and will try to resolve it ASAP.

    When is ASAP? Its been an hour...

    So the game is up, but it still freezes for minures on end before resuming

  • Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 147
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    if this isn't fixed before maintenance, it's going to really mess up our Map 6 run.

    Plz fix or give 30 min timers.

    Same here.... Every time they add something it's a week or so of hellfire and dead server hamsters. The % on the health bar for a wasted map 6 run.
  • Some of my alliance can connect and are playing, some of us are stuck, unable to login. So much for this war, gonna end with me unable to connect and contribute, not to mention many others. This is beyond old...
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 135
    so awesome. So glad I don't have arena to do.
  • I’ve been having the same issue
  • Kabam should shorten times for champs in arena and energy in AW/AQ with all the connection and maintenance issues!
  • I am so tired of the game having emergency maintenance. I spend way to much time and money for your servers and programmers to be so incompetent. I'm sorry if that rude, but i neen compensation!
  • SignumSignum Posts: 102
    It's down again
This discussion has been closed.