Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 2

1131416181922

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,621 ★★★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

    Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

    Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

    I think you may have missed my point. You previously stated there were no ground breaking rewards in chapter 2 of any other act. I simply begged to differ and offered the mastery points in all chapters of act 4 as an example. I am not asking for more mastery points in the rewards, and I am fully aware Kabam has no intent to include those in act 5 or anywhere else for that matter hence they are an extremely rare and valuable item that can only be obtained in all four chapters of act 4. I would like to see some type of rewards considered of high value and rarity included in the chapters for act 5. (ie. T2 Alphas, 5* Awakening Gems, Rank Down tickets, etc.)

    The 4* garbage just doesn't really motivate me. Not just because I have plenty of r5 4*, but also because most 4* champs just aren't that good in comaprison to 5* champs since 12.0/1 updates and also almost all of the 4* champs are gonna be available as 5* now or in the very near future.

    People are devaluing 4*'s, but that doesn't mean they don't have value. That's an opinion, and the idea that 5*'s are phasing out 4*'s is just not accurate.

    Do you have one or more 5* rank 4 champs to be able to compare its' effect in AQ, AW and story to a rank 5 4*? Because if you don't, you simply don't know what you are talking about.
    Anyone with a brain can understand information. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm afraid you'll have to come up with a better counter than "What's in YOUR Roster?".
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    CR is not the main reason an r4 5* is better. The difference in attack and hp is huge, the damage output as well. Nobody would suggest someone take a red Cyclops 4* to 5/50 at this point, but a 4/55 is a credible champion in most game modes.

    A 3/45 is better than a 5/50, but not by very much. HOWEVER, the ability to reach higher levels gives a huge advantage to the 3/45. To say ranking up a 4* is equivalent to ranking up a 5* is not correct in my opinion. It's short-sighted.

    I never said it was equivalent to Rank a 4* as opposed to a 5*. I said it's not accurate to say that 4*'s are worthless, or will be phased out. A 4* Rank Up has value.

    A maxed 4* has value only until one is able to rank a 5* to an equal level, this sounds like a good definition of being phased out to me.

    Not when you consider the amount of each that are present in the entire game. Ranking higher doesn't make the lower obsolete. It's an exaggeration. An R5 4* is not that far from an R3 5*. Not enough to throw away all 4*'s.

    If i had the option to take my best team of maxed 4*s, and literally THROW THEM AWAY for r3 5*s, I wouldn't even blink it would be done. But that's just my opinion from playing the game.

    That's just it. It's opinion. Not the reality of the game. 4*'s are not phased out, and they won't be anytime soon. People may prefer to use 5*'s. That doesn't mean 4*'s are useless, and it doesn't mean it's useless to have a Rank Up.

    Okay let's see what people's opinions are then-
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/4668/if-possible-which-would-you-use-a-rank-up-gem-for

    Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design.
  • Snake_OpsSnake_Ops Posts: 4
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    @Kabam DK

    What is the "Grandmaster's Favor"? I did a run through completion, but don't see it anywhere in my inventory.

    Force close app and when you go back in you get a title



    It's just a title? Doesn't give you any special abilities?

    Just the ability to shake your head in disbelief

    it states that more rewards will soon come
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    edited June 2017
    KoperBoy wrote: »

    Do you have one or more 5* rank 4 champs to be able to compare its' effect in AQ, AW and story to a rank 5 4*? Because if you don't, you simply don't know what you are talking about.
    Anyone with a brain can understand information. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm afraid you'll have to come up with a better counter than "What's in YOUR Roster?".

    He does have a point though. Not that I know how many r4 5* or r5 4* champions you have (I do) but the difference is quite large. One would have to feel for themselves the difference to make an informed, educated opinion on the matter. Of course opinions are open to everyone, no matter how much credibility they have.

    The information is available for CR, in relation to one step up or down in CR. Factor in the slight increase in Attack and Health that a 5* has, and increase the Abilities based on one step up in CR, and it's not hard to deduce. There would be other factors as well, such as Sig Level of each. An R4 5* is stronger than an R5 4*. Not enough to phase 4*'s out of the game.
    The point I'm making is, asking someone to "pony up" their Roster is not a viable finding to counter what is said. All it is, is an attempt to discredit the facts someone is presenting based on status in the game.

    Of course it is. You haven't played with rank 4 5* and I have. So who has better experience to speak from? I also have both duped Black Panthers, who rely on crit rate for their bleed, in 4* and 5* version. The difference is not neglibile at all like you want it to paint (without any experience, I might add). My rank 4 5* BP generates much more bleed triggers than its' 4* counterpart.

    Once you play with 5* after playing with their 4* counterparts for so long, you can't ignore the pretty big difference. Not huge, but big enough to start saving rank up resources for 5* exclusively unless there is a 4* with super utility (DD for example) or high prestige (Mordo, Quake etc.).

    Explanations from a guy that speaks strictly based on numbers he's seen should be taken with a big grain of salt. Also if you haven't done even one path of LOL, let alone road to lab which is much tougher than any Master monthly quest, your comments on 5* vs. 4* regarding end game content don't hold any credibility. All you do is repeat stuff you read on forums.
  • Snake_OpsSnake_Ops Posts: 4
    I think grandmaster's favour might be a little quest or something that will come with good rewards... hopefully
  • Indrick781Indrick781 Posts: 372 ★★★
    I don't mind ranking up top tier 4*, but yeah I'm at the point where I want stuff to rank up my 5* or acquire more 5*. 1900 5* shards is laughable.
  • im close to done with this game after buying the last 5star offer and pulling collosus and juggs. Then spent a shitload of revives on grandmaster which is ****. There are a number of nodes 5.2 made to spend...this has nothing to do with skill kabam, you are just making us spend more money. Nobody actually minds that, but then step up the rewards. Im done with 5.2 until you upgrade the rewards and I will be psuhing for another spending freeze. You know how much i have put in this game...you know so step it up or we will move on to other games
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

    Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

    Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

    I think you may have missed my point. You previously stated there were no ground breaking rewards in chapter 2 of any other act. I simply begged to differ and offered the mastery points in all chapters of act 4 as an example. I am not asking for more mastery points in the rewards, and I am fully aware Kabam has no intent to include those in act 5 or anywhere else for that matter hence they are an extremely rare and valuable item that can only be obtained in all four chapters of act 4. I would like to see some type of rewards considered of high value and rarity included in the chapters for act 5. (ie. T2 Alphas, 5* Awakening Gems, Rank Down tickets, etc.)

    The 4* garbage just doesn't really motivate me. Not just because I have plenty of r5 4*, but also because most 4* champs just aren't that good in comaprison to 5* champs since 12.0/1 updates and also almost all of the 4* champs are gonna be available as 5* now or in the very near future.

    People are devaluing 4*'s, but that doesn't mean they don't have value. That's an opinion, and the idea that 5*'s are phasing out 4*'s is just not accurate.

    Do you have one or more 5* rank 4 champs to be able to compare its' effect in AQ, AW and story to a rank 5 4*? Because if you don't, you simply don't know what you are talking about.
    Anyone with a brain can understand information. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm afraid you'll have to come up with a better counter than "What's in YOUR Roster?".
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    CR is not the main reason an r4 5* is better. The difference in attack and hp is huge, the damage output as well. Nobody would suggest someone take a red Cyclops 4* to 5/50 at this point, but a 4/55 is a credible champion in most game modes.

    A 3/45 is better than a 5/50, but not by very much. HOWEVER, the ability to reach higher levels gives a huge advantage to the 3/45. To say ranking up a 4* is equivalent to ranking up a 5* is not correct in my opinion. It's short-sighted.

    I never said it was equivalent to Rank a 4* as opposed to a 5*. I said it's not accurate to say that 4*'s are worthless, or will be phased out. A 4* Rank Up has value.

    A maxed 4* has value only until one is able to rank a 5* to an equal level, this sounds like a good definition of being phased out to me.

    Not when you consider the amount of each that are present in the entire game. Ranking higher doesn't make the lower obsolete. It's an exaggeration. An R5 4* is not that far from an R3 5*. Not enough to throw away all 4*'s.

    If i had the option to take my best team of maxed 4*s, and literally THROW THEM AWAY for r3 5*s, I wouldn't even blink it would be done. But that's just my opinion from playing the game.

    That's just it. It's opinion. Not the reality of the game. 4*'s are not phased out, and they won't be anytime soon. People may prefer to use 5*'s. That doesn't mean 4*'s are useless, and it doesn't mean it's useless to have a Rank Up.

    Okay let's see what people's opinions are then-
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/4668/if-possible-which-would-you-use-a-rank-up-gem-for

    Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design.

    SERIOUSLY? !? If people mostly don't like and don't play the game based on OPINIONS, and mostly dont buy deals based on OPINIONS, how will the state of the game not be affected?

    Web will do anything to defend his stance, even if it's not right at all. Get used to it.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,945 ★★★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

    Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

    Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

    I think you may have missed my point. You previously stated there were no ground breaking rewards in chapter 2 of any other act. I simply begged to differ and offered the mastery points in all chapters of act 4 as an example. I am not asking for more mastery points in the rewards, and I am fully aware Kabam has no intent to include those in act 5 or anywhere else for that matter hence they are an extremely rare and valuable item that can only be obtained in all four chapters of act 4. I would like to see some type of rewards considered of high value and rarity included in the chapters for act 5. (ie. T2 Alphas, 5* Awakening Gems, Rank Down tickets, etc.)

    The 4* garbage just doesn't really motivate me. Not just because I have plenty of r5 4*, but also because most 4* champs just aren't that good in comaprison to 5* champs since 12.0/1 updates and also almost all of the 4* champs are gonna be available as 5* now or in the very near future.

    People are devaluing 4*'s, but that doesn't mean they don't have value. That's an opinion, and the idea that 5*'s are phasing out 4*'s is just not accurate.

    Do you have one or more 5* rank 4 champs to be able to compare its' effect in AQ, AW and story to a rank 5 4*? Because if you don't, you simply don't know what you are talking about.
    Anyone with a brain can understand information. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm afraid you'll have to come up with a better counter than "What's in YOUR Roster?".
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    CR is not the main reason an r4 5* is better. The difference in attack and hp is huge, the damage output as well. Nobody would suggest someone take a red Cyclops 4* to 5/50 at this point, but a 4/55 is a credible champion in most game modes.

    A 3/45 is better than a 5/50, but not by very much. HOWEVER, the ability to reach higher levels gives a huge advantage to the 3/45. To say ranking up a 4* is equivalent to ranking up a 5* is not correct in my opinion. It's short-sighted.

    I never said it was equivalent to Rank a 4* as opposed to a 5*. I said it's not accurate to say that 4*'s are worthless, or will be phased out. A 4* Rank Up has value.

    A maxed 4* has value only until one is able to rank a 5* to an equal level, this sounds like a good definition of being phased out to me.

    Not when you consider the amount of each that are present in the entire game. Ranking higher doesn't make the lower obsolete. It's an exaggeration. An R5 4* is not that far from an R3 5*. Not enough to throw away all 4*'s.

    If i had the option to take my best team of maxed 4*s, and literally THROW THEM AWAY for r3 5*s, I wouldn't even blink it would be done. But that's just my opinion from playing the game.

    That's just it. It's opinion. Not the reality of the game. 4*'s are not phased out, and they won't be anytime soon. People may prefer to use 5*'s. That doesn't mean 4*'s are useless, and it doesn't mean it's useless to have a Rank Up.

    Okay let's see what people's opinions are then-
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/4668/if-possible-which-would-you-use-a-rank-up-gem-for

    Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design.

    @GroundedWisdom
    Is that why the boycott happened then?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,621 ★★★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

    Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

    Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

    I think you may have missed my point. You previously stated there were no ground breaking rewards in chapter 2 of any other act. I simply begged to differ and offered the mastery points in all chapters of act 4 as an example. I am not asking for more mastery points in the rewards, and I am fully aware Kabam has no intent to include those in act 5 or anywhere else for that matter hence they are an extremely rare and valuable item that can only be obtained in all four chapters of act 4. I would like to see some type of rewards considered of high value and rarity included in the chapters for act 5. (ie. T2 Alphas, 5* Awakening Gems, Rank Down tickets, etc.)

    The 4* garbage just doesn't really motivate me. Not just because I have plenty of r5 4*, but also because most 4* champs just aren't that good in comaprison to 5* champs since 12.0/1 updates and also almost all of the 4* champs are gonna be available as 5* now or in the very near future.

    People are devaluing 4*'s, but that doesn't mean they don't have value. That's an opinion, and the idea that 5*'s are phasing out 4*'s is just not accurate.

    Do you have one or more 5* rank 4 champs to be able to compare its' effect in AQ, AW and story to a rank 5 4*? Because if you don't, you simply don't know what you are talking about.
    Anyone with a brain can understand information. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm afraid you'll have to come up with a better counter than "What's in YOUR Roster?".
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    CR is not the main reason an r4 5* is better. The difference in attack and hp is huge, the damage output as well. Nobody would suggest someone take a red Cyclops 4* to 5/50 at this point, but a 4/55 is a credible champion in most game modes.

    A 3/45 is better than a 5/50, but not by very much. HOWEVER, the ability to reach higher levels gives a huge advantage to the 3/45. To say ranking up a 4* is equivalent to ranking up a 5* is not correct in my opinion. It's short-sighted.

    I never said it was equivalent to Rank a 4* as opposed to a 5*. I said it's not accurate to say that 4*'s are worthless, or will be phased out. A 4* Rank Up has value.

    A maxed 4* has value only until one is able to rank a 5* to an equal level, this sounds like a good definition of being phased out to me.

    Not when you consider the amount of each that are present in the entire game. Ranking higher doesn't make the lower obsolete. It's an exaggeration. An R5 4* is not that far from an R3 5*. Not enough to throw away all 4*'s.

    If i had the option to take my best team of maxed 4*s, and literally THROW THEM AWAY for r3 5*s, I wouldn't even blink it would be done. But that's just my opinion from playing the game.

    That's just it. It's opinion. Not the reality of the game. 4*'s are not phased out, and they won't be anytime soon. People may prefer to use 5*'s. That doesn't mean 4*'s are useless, and it doesn't mean it's useless to have a Rank Up.

    Okay let's see what people's opinions are then-
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/4668/if-possible-which-would-you-use-a-rank-up-gem-for

    Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design.

    @GroundedWisdom
    Is that why the boycott happened then?

    This is compounding issues that are not connected.
    What I'm saying is they are two totally different subjects. Who Players prefer to use or Rank is not the same as the actual in-game value of a 4*. There is who people value more, and then there is the actual value. 4*'s are not obsolete. They are not useless. They have value. Starting a Poll on who people prefer to Rank has nothing to do with the actual value of a 4*. It's just a tally of what people prefer over the other.
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 230 ★★
    Snake_Ops wrote: »
    I think grandmaster's favour might be a little quest or something that will come with good rewards... hopefully

    I think that it's more likely the key to enter chapter 3 when it's released. Hope I'm wrong but that's my guess
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

    Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

    Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

    I think you may have missed my point. You previously stated there were no ground breaking rewards in chapter 2 of any other act. I simply begged to differ and offered the mastery points in all chapters of act 4 as an example. I am not asking for more mastery points in the rewards, and I am fully aware Kabam has no intent to include those in act 5 or anywhere else for that matter hence they are an extremely rare and valuable item that can only be obtained in all four chapters of act 4. I would like to see some type of rewards considered of high value and rarity included in the chapters for act 5. (ie. T2 Alphas, 5* Awakening Gems, Rank Down tickets, etc.)

    The 4* garbage just doesn't really motivate me. Not just because I have plenty of r5 4*, but also because most 4* champs just aren't that good in comaprison to 5* champs since 12.0/1 updates and also almost all of the 4* champs are gonna be available as 5* now or in the very near future.

    People are devaluing 4*'s, but that doesn't mean they don't have value. That's an opinion, and the idea that 5*'s are phasing out 4*'s is just not accurate.

    Do you have one or more 5* rank 4 champs to be able to compare its' effect in AQ, AW and story to a rank 5 4*? Because if you don't, you simply don't know what you are talking about.
    Anyone with a brain can understand information. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm afraid you'll have to come up with a better counter than "What's in YOUR Roster?".
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    CR is not the main reason an r4 5* is better. The difference in attack and hp is huge, the damage output as well. Nobody would suggest someone take a red Cyclops 4* to 5/50 at this point, but a 4/55 is a credible champion in most game modes.

    A 3/45 is better than a 5/50, but not by very much. HOWEVER, the ability to reach higher levels gives a huge advantage to the 3/45. To say ranking up a 4* is equivalent to ranking up a 5* is not correct in my opinion. It's short-sighted.

    I never said it was equivalent to Rank a 4* as opposed to a 5*. I said it's not accurate to say that 4*'s are worthless, or will be phased out. A 4* Rank Up has value.

    A maxed 4* has value only until one is able to rank a 5* to an equal level, this sounds like a good definition of being phased out to me.

    Not when you consider the amount of each that are present in the entire game. Ranking higher doesn't make the lower obsolete. It's an exaggeration. An R5 4* is not that far from an R3 5*. Not enough to throw away all 4*'s.

    If i had the option to take my best team of maxed 4*s, and literally THROW THEM AWAY for r3 5*s, I wouldn't even blink it would be done. But that's just my opinion from playing the game.

    That's just it. It's opinion. Not the reality of the game. 4*'s are not phased out, and they won't be anytime soon. People may prefer to use 5*'s. That doesn't mean 4*'s are useless, and it doesn't mean it's useless to have a Rank Up.

    Okay let's see what people's opinions are then-
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/4668/if-possible-which-would-you-use-a-rank-up-gem-for

    Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design.

    @GroundedWisdom
    Is that why the boycott happened then?

    This is compounding issues that are not connected.
    What I'm saying is they are two totally different subjects. Who Players prefer to use or Rank is not the same as the actual in-game value of a 4*. There is who people value more, and then there is the actual value. 4*'s are not obsolete. They are not useless. They have value. Starting a Poll on who people prefer to Rank has nothing to do with the actual value of a 4*. It's just a tally of what people prefer over the other.

    If you have a duped and useful champion in both 4* and 5* version, who do you rank if you have the resources to do so? 4* to rank 5 or 5* to rank 3?
  • TroncTronc Posts: 25
    5* are undoubtedly the future. This is frustrating for those who don't have sl, it puts a halt on growth.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,621 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    @GroundedWisdom
    Nope, you said opinions don't have anything to do with game design.
    People's opinions of the 12.0 update were bad.
    This started the boycott.
    The boycott caused kabam to change the game
    This changed the design of the game.
    Therefore opinions do have something to do with the design of the game.

    You,were wrong.

    Not at all. We're not talking about changes made to the game. We're talking about the value of 4*'s.
    What are you suggesting? The feedback from Players will get rid of the value of 4*'s? Not likely.
    One thing has nothing to do with the other.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,945 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom
    Nope, you said opinions don't have anything to do with game design.
    People's opinions of the 12.0 update were bad.
    This started the boycott.
    The boycott caused kabam to change the game
    This changed the design of the game.
    Therefore opinions do have something to do with the design of the game.

    You,were wrong.

    Not at all. We're not talking about changes made to the game. We're talking about the value of 4*'s.
    What are you suggesting? The feedback from Players will get rid of the value of 4*'s? Not likely.
    One thing has nothing to do with the other.
    "Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design"
    You said opinions don't affect the overall design. Yes they do, as proved by the boycott. You're wrong and you know it yet you stick by your mistake. At least when I'm wrong I have the balls to own up to it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,621 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom
    Nope, you said opinions don't have anything to do with game design.
    People's opinions of the 12.0 update were bad.
    This started the boycott.
    The boycott caused kabam to change the game
    This changed the design of the game.
    Therefore opinions do have something to do with the design of the game.

    You,were wrong.

    Not at all. We're not talking about changes made to the game. We're talking about the value of 4*'s.
    What are you suggesting? The feedback from Players will get rid of the value of 4*'s? Not likely.
    One thing has nothing to do with the other.
    "Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design"
    You said opinions don't affect the overall design. Yes they do, as proved by the boycott. You're wrong and you know it yet you stick by your mistake. At least when I'm wrong I have the balls to own up to it.
    The Boycott was not solely responsible for the changes. It was the entire feedback from Players. Not just a refusal to spend. Even after the attention was had by the game team, it persisted and negated its own purpose. It became demands that were irreverent to the progress made.
    That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the current value of the 4*, and how preference has no effect on the worth of them. Regardless of who people prefer to Rank, that doesn't diminish the actual value of a 4*.
    You're picking arbitrary arguments over my wording and applying it to situations that don't pertain to the subject, so this is where we will end the conversation.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,621 ★★★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom
    Nope, you said opinions don't have anything to do with game design.
    People's opinions of the 12.0 update were bad.
    This started the boycott.
    The boycott caused kabam to change the game
    This changed the design of the game.
    Therefore opinions do have something to do with the design of the game.

    You,were wrong.

    Not at all. We're not talking about changes made to the game. We're talking about the value of 4*'s.
    What are you suggesting? The feedback from Players will get rid of the value of 4*'s? Not likely.
    One thing has nothing to do with the other.
    "Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design"
    You said opinions don't affect the overall design. Yes they do, as proved by the boycott. You're wrong and you know it yet you stick by your mistake. At least when I'm wrong I have the balls to own up to it.
    The Boycott was not solely responsible for the changes. It was the entire feedback from Players. Not just a refusal to spend. Even after the attention was had by the game team, it persisted and negated its own purpose. It became demands that were irreverent to the progress made.
    That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the current value of the 4*, and how preference has no effect on the worth of them. Regardless of who people prefer to Rank, that doesn't diminish the actual value of a 4*.
    You're picking arbitrary arguments over my wording and applying it to situations that don't pertain to the subject, so this is where we will end the conversation.

    To summarize:

    To someone who can finish 5.2, rewards are bad because 4* have much lower value than to guys who aren't even done with Act 4. So what exactly are we arguing here...??

    Taking shots and making assumptions about where I'm at in the game is not going to instigate further arguments from me. I suggest you stop because it is a discussion and it's not required to prove Rank to participate.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,416 ★★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom
    Nope, you said opinions don't have anything to do with game design.
    People's opinions of the 12.0 update were bad.
    This started the boycott.
    The boycott caused kabam to change the game
    This changed the design of the game.
    Therefore opinions do have something to do with the design of the game.

    You,were wrong.

    Not at all. We're not talking about changes made to the game. We're talking about the value of 4*'s.
    What are you suggesting? The feedback from Players will get rid of the value of 4*'s? Not likely.
    One thing has nothing to do with the other.
    "Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design"
    You said opinions don't affect the overall design. Yes they do, as proved by the boycott. You're wrong and you know it yet you stick by your mistake. At least when I'm wrong I have the balls to own up to it.
    The Boycott was not solely responsible for the changes. It was the entire feedback from Players. Not just a refusal to spend. Even after the attention was had by the game team, it persisted and negated its own purpose. It became demands that were irreverent to the progress made.
    That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the current value of the 4*, and how preference has no effect on the worth of them. Regardless of who people prefer to Rank, that doesn't diminish the actual value of a 4*.
    You're picking arbitrary arguments over my wording and applying it to situations that don't pertain to the subject, so this is where we will end the conversation.

    To summarize:

    To someone who can finish 5.2, rewards are bad because 4* have much lower value than to guys who aren't even done with Act 4. So what exactly are we arguing here...??

    Taking shots and making assumptions about where I'm at in the game is not going to instigate further arguments from me. I suggest you stop because it is a discussion and it's not required to prove Rank to participate.

    Oh you can participate all you want. Nobody denies that can take that from you. It's just your credibility on certain matters that is not up to par with what you think it is. Repeating what you read on forums is different from actually seeing differences in the game.
    If you value 4* higher than me, that's alright. However you are denying the general devaluation of 4* after challenger rating has been introduced. How much have 4* being devalued depends on where you are in the game. But in general, they have been devalued and that's a fact because of CR.

    CR has very little effect between them. Especially when the CR is the same. Currently, there is only one CR above a Max 4*, and the effect of one step up is not as great as some believe.
    Incase you need more information:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest
    When your fighting in aq at a high prestige on day 5 with 4* Cr makes a huge difference,the amount it reduces your damage is crazy.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,621 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Ja55 wrote: »
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom
    Nope, you said opinions don't have anything to do with game design.
    People's opinions of the 12.0 update were bad.
    This started the boycott.
    The boycott caused kabam to change the game
    This changed the design of the game.
    Therefore opinions do have something to do with the design of the game.

    You,were wrong.

    Not at all. We're not talking about changes made to the game. We're talking about the value of 4*'s.
    What are you suggesting? The feedback from Players will get rid of the value of 4*'s? Not likely.
    One thing has nothing to do with the other.
    "Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design"
    You said opinions don't affect the overall design. Yes they do, as proved by the boycott. You're wrong and you know it yet you stick by your mistake. At least when I'm wrong I have the balls to own up to it.
    The Boycott was not solely responsible for the changes. It was the entire feedback from Players. Not just a refusal to spend. Even after the attention was had by the game team, it persisted and negated its own purpose. It became demands that were irreverent to the progress made.
    That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the current value of the 4*, and how preference has no effect on the worth of them. Regardless of who people prefer to Rank, that doesn't diminish the actual value of a 4*.
    You're picking arbitrary arguments over my wording and applying it to situations that don't pertain to the subject, so this is where we will end the conversation.

    To summarize:

    To someone who can finish 5.2, rewards are bad because 4* have much lower value than to guys who aren't even done with Act 4. So what exactly are we arguing here...??

    Taking shots and making assumptions about where I'm at in the game is not going to instigate further arguments from me. I suggest you stop because it is a discussion and it's not required to prove Rank to participate.

    Oh you can participate all you want. Nobody denies that can take that from you. It's just your credibility on certain matters that is not up to par with what you think it is. Repeating what you read on forums is different from actually seeing differences in the game.
    If you value 4* higher than me, that's alright. However you are denying the general devaluation of 4* after challenger rating has been introduced. How much have 4* being devalued depends on where you are in the game. But in general, they have been devalued and that's a fact because of CR.

    CR has very little effect between them. Especially when the CR is the same. Currently, there is only one CR above a Max 4*, and the effect of one step up is not as great as some believe.
    Incase you need more information:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest

    I've seen this post, thanks. Now tell me, have you tried this in practice? Have you used a 4* rank 5 in Story or AQ, and then same champion as 5* rank 3 version in same content? I did, just for fun and to get a feel for CR. And from my experience, CR doesn't have "very little effect between them".
    Kabam mods have very little grasp on how CR actually feels in-game. They have very litle grasp on what is considered "skilled" and what isn't. They are not playing map 5 and 6 in top alliances. They are not playing AW tier 1.
    When Thor was nerfed, Adora defended their decision by saying it takes very little skill using him because he armor breaks on parries. Well I guess she never stacked 4 or even 5 armor breaks on an opponent herself. It's definitely not easy and it requires skill.

    So sorry if I trust my experience, and experiences from people I know and play with, over some numbers that tell you how little effect CR has between champs. Try it for yourself.


    When you're talking about AQ and AW Top Tier, there is more than CR involved. You have Champs amped up with Nodes.
    That Post is from a Dev. Not a Mod. If that's not sufficient for you, then nothing will be.
    I'm done talking about it. You just keep arguing that I couldn't possibly understand the intricately complex issue. Not the case. It's clear your stance is no one's view is valid but your own, so I will stop engaging with you.

    The nodes in aq do not change. Their base stats increase with prestige. That along with CR is what people are talking about. Rambling on and responding to every single post trying to elicit a response is old. You have a new name maybe take a new angle in the new forum? Try being helpful with all your knowledge.

    I have been. People keep arguing that I don't know what I'm talking about. I actually do. CR has very little to do with it. It's Top Tier Content. It's supposed to be a challenge. The Prestige/Base Stats increase and that creates the challenge. The difference in CR minutely affects your Abilities. It doesn't change that it's supposed to be hard. The hardest in that area of the game, actually.
    All this is, is a never-ending argument on any comment I make. People have nothing better to do than troll my comments.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,621 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Ja55 wrote: »
    Ja55 wrote: »
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom
    Nope, you said opinions don't have anything to do with game design.
    People's opinions of the 12.0 update were bad.
    This started the boycott.
    The boycott caused kabam to change the game
    This changed the design of the game.
    Therefore opinions do have something to do with the design of the game.

    You,were wrong.

    Not at all. We're not talking about changes made to the game. We're talking about the value of 4*'s.
    What are you suggesting? The feedback from Players will get rid of the value of 4*'s? Not likely.
    One thing has nothing to do with the other.
    "Opinions have nothing to do with the state of the game and the overall design"
    You said opinions don't affect the overall design. Yes they do, as proved by the boycott. You're wrong and you know it yet you stick by your mistake. At least when I'm wrong I have the balls to own up to it.
    The Boycott was not solely responsible for the changes. It was the entire feedback from Players. Not just a refusal to spend. Even after the attention was had by the game team, it persisted and negated its own purpose. It became demands that were irreverent to the progress made.
    That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the current value of the 4*, and how preference has no effect on the worth of them. Regardless of who people prefer to Rank, that doesn't diminish the actual value of a 4*.
    You're picking arbitrary arguments over my wording and applying it to situations that don't pertain to the subject, so this is where we will end the conversation.

    To summarize:

    To someone who can finish 5.2, rewards are bad because 4* have much lower value than to guys who aren't even done with Act 4. So what exactly are we arguing here...??

    Taking shots and making assumptions about where I'm at in the game is not going to instigate further arguments from me. I suggest you stop because it is a discussion and it's not required to prove Rank to participate.

    Oh you can participate all you want. Nobody denies that can take that from you. It's just your credibility on certain matters that is not up to par with what you think it is. Repeating what you read on forums is different from actually seeing differences in the game.
    If you value 4* higher than me, that's alright. However you are denying the general devaluation of 4* after challenger rating has been introduced. How much have 4* being devalued depends on where you are in the game. But in general, they have been devalued and that's a fact because of CR.

    CR has very little effect between them. Especially when the CR is the same. Currently, there is only one CR above a Max 4*, and the effect of one step up is not as great as some believe.
    Incase you need more information:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest

    I've seen this post, thanks. Now tell me, have you tried this in practice? Have you used a 4* rank 5 in Story or AQ, and then same champion as 5* rank 3 version in same content? I did, just for fun and to get a feel for CR. And from my experience, CR doesn't have "very little effect between them".
    Kabam mods have very little grasp on how CR actually feels in-game. They have very litle grasp on what is considered "skilled" and what isn't. They are not playing map 5 and 6 in top alliances. They are not playing AW tier 1.
    When Thor was nerfed, Adora defended their decision by saying it takes very little skill using him because he armor breaks on parries. Well I guess she never stacked 4 or even 5 armor breaks on an opponent herself. It's definitely not easy and it requires skill.

    So sorry if I trust my experience, and experiences from people I know and play with, over some numbers that tell you how little effect CR has between champs. Try it for yourself.


    When you're talking about AQ and AW Top Tier, there is more than CR involved. You have Champs amped up with Nodes.
    That Post is from a Dev. Not a Mod. If that's not sufficient for you, then nothing will be.
    I'm done talking about it. You just keep arguing that I couldn't possibly understand the intricately complex issue. Not the case. It's clear your stance is no one's view is valid but your own, so I will stop engaging with you.

    The nodes in aq do not change. Their base stats increase with prestige. That along with CR is what people are talking about. Rambling on and responding to every single post trying to elicit a response is old. You have a new name maybe take a new angle in the new forum? Try being helpful with all your knowledge.

    I have been. People keep arguing that I don't know what I'm talking about. I actually do. CR has very little to do with it. It's Top Tier Content. It's supposed to be a challenge. The Prestige/Base Stats increase and that creates the challenge. The difference in CR minutely affects your Abilities. It doesn't change that it's supposed to be hard. The hardest in that area of the game, actually.
    All this is, is a never-ending argument on any comment I make. People have nothing better to do than troll my comments.

    For example if you run a r5 4* cm and a r4 5* cm in aq. You will see a much larger drop of on day 4 and 5 for dmg dealt and block/parry dmg taken with the r5 4*. That is a direct result of DR. Do you ever stop and think maybe you are describing yourself in your last sentence?

    Perhaps you need to reread what we were talking about. It was CR not DR. I'm not trolling anyone. People are arguing incessantly with every comment I make. My original statement, and it still stands, is that 4*'s are not useless. Nor are they being phased out. A 4* Rank Up is not worthless. The entire debate is because people feel the Rewards are not in proportion with the difficulty. Fair enough. However, they are on scale with the same increases we have seen in Chapters 1 and 2 of each Act. Same degree of increase between the two. The rest has been people who are trying to start an argument with everything I say. Which I am over. People need to learn to have a civil discussion without harassing others they don't like. It's a game we've seen before. Person A makes a comment, Person B argues agaisnt it ad ifinitem, and it goes back agaisnt forth endlessly. Then Person A is blamed as the issue. It's nothing new.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155


    To someone who can finish 5.2, rewards are bad because 4* have much lower value than to guys who aren't even done with Act 4. So what exactly are we arguing here...??[/quote]

    Taking shots and making assumptions about where I'm at in the game is not going to instigate further arguments from me. I suggest you stop because it is a discussion and it's not required to prove Rank to participate. [/quote]

    Oh you can participate all you want. Nobody denies that can take that from you. It's just your credibility on certain matters that is not up to par with what you think it is. Repeating what you read on forums is different from actually seeing differences in the game.
    If you value 4* higher than me, that's alright. However you are denying the general devaluation of 4* after challenger rating has been introduced. How much have 4* being devalued depends on where you are in the game. But in general, they have been devalued and that's a fact because of CR.[/quote]

    CR has very little effect between them. Especially when the CR is the same. Currently, there is only one CR above a Max 4*, and the effect of one step up is not as great as some believe.
    Incase you need more information:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest[/quote]

    I've seen this post, thanks. Now tell me, have you tried this in practice? Have you used a 4* rank 5 in Story or AQ, and then same champion as 5* rank 3 version in same content? I did, just for fun and to get a feel for CR. And from my experience, CR doesn't have "very little effect between them".
    Kabam mods have very little grasp on how CR actually feels in-game. They have very litle grasp on what is considered "skilled" and what isn't. They are not playing map 5 and 6 in top alliances. They are not playing AW tier 1.
    When Thor was nerfed, Adora defended their decision by saying it takes very little skill using him because he armor breaks on parries. Well I guess she never stacked 4 or even 5 armor breaks on an opponent herself. It's definitely not easy and it requires skill.

    So sorry if I trust my experience, and experiences from people I know and play with, over some numbers that tell you how little effect CR has between champs. Try it for yourself.


    [/quote]

    When you're talking about AQ and AW Top Tier, there is more than CR involved. You have Champs amped up with Nodes.
    That Post is from a Dev. Not a Mod. If that's not sufficient for you, then nothing will be.
    I'm done talking about it. You just keep arguing that I couldn't possibly understand the intricately complex issue. Not the case. It's clear your stance is no one's view is valid but your own, so I will stop engaging with you. [/quote]

    The nodes in aq do not change. Their base stats increase with prestige. That along with CR is what people are talking about. Rambling on and responding to every single post trying to elicit a response is old. You have a new name maybe take a new angle in the new forum? Try being helpful with all your knowledge. [/quote]

    I have been. People keep arguing that I don't know what I'm talking about. I actually do. CR has very little to do with it. It's Top Tier Content. It's supposed to be a challenge. The Prestige/Base Stats increase and that creates the challenge. The difference in CR minutely affects your Abilities. It doesn't change that it's supposed to be hard. The hardest in that area of the game, actually.
    All this is, is a never-ending argument on any comment I make. People have nothing better to do than troll my comments. [/quote]

    For example if you run a r5 4* cm and a r4 5* cm in aq. You will see a much larger drop of on day 4 and 5 for dmg dealt and block/parry dmg taken with the r5 4*. That is a direct result of DR. Do you ever stop and think maybe you are describing yourself in your last sentence?[/quote]

    Perhaps you need to reread what we were talking about. It was CR not DR. I'm not trolling anyone. People are arguing incessantly with every comment I make. My original statement, and it still stands, is that 4*'s are not useless. Nor are they being phased out. A 4* Rank Up is not worthless. The entire debate is because people feel the Rewards are not in proportion with the difficulty. Fair enough. However, they are on scale with the same increases we have seen in Chapters 1 and 2 of each Act. Same degree of increase between the two. The rest has been people who are trying to start an argument with everything I say. Which I am over. People need to learn to have a civil discussion without harassing others they don't like. It's a game we've seen before. Person A makes a comment, Person B argues agaisnt it ad ifinitem, and it goes back agaisnt forth endlessly. Then Person A is blamed as the issue. It's nothing new. [/quote]

    Practice what you preach.

    You obviously have not ranked up many 5*s. The t1as alone needed to rank 5*s makes ranking a 4* to r5 a difficult decision. Please move along to something you know more about. Thanks.[/quote]

    Pretty simple decision when you have a 4* Rank Up. That's what the subject is about. Not trying to make someone look like they don't know what they're talking about based on an assumption of what they have and have not done in the game. Calling people out on where they are in the game is a last resort, and it's actually against the rules.
    Anyone can participate in the Forum. Level 1-60. Sorry. [/quote]

    Pointing out what someone has or has not ranked is not calling anyone out. What people have accomplished on the game makes a difference in the value of their opinion and insight. How can someone who has not done something talk about the advantages and disadvantages? [/quote]

    Rule Number 18. Shaming other people on their experience or lack thereof. Everyone is entitled to debate. [/quote]


    Pointing out someone has not completed or has experience in something is not shaming. Find a different thread to overrun please.
  • Tjack92Tjack92 Posts: 29
    Spiderman auto evade attack is worse than ever with the spidey, on 5.2.3. Worse ive seen yet. Are you ever going to fix that?
Sign In or Register to comment.