**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How good is taskmaster?

abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I was lucky enough to just pull a 5* Taskmasters with a 300 unit Crystal. I have the resources to get him to R3 and awaken him if it makes a big difference. How good is he and is he worth it?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    From what I've seen is that he's capable of a lot but is complicated to play and figure out. I still don't understand him completely. Looks like he's built well for long fights and is capable of really decent damage if set up right. Needs to be awakened to shine. Definitely watch YouTube. I think he's sort of a sleeper champ, don't think the community quite has a full grasp on what he can do. Congrats on the 5* pull. Wish I had him. I'd sit on the awakening gem for a little while until he's completely understood. Might not be a bad idea to join Reddit. There's some good videos and discussion out on there.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I have him as a four--star, have tested him extensively, as have others. Check out the Champion Spotlight thread for videos and observations.

Our conclusions: This character is awesome to play with one obvious limitation: His damage output is merely average, though if does ramp up to above-average if awakened. Everything else is legit, including Unblockable specials under proper circumstances and Ability Accuracy reduction that is well above-average.

Just going to offer a note about YouTubers as well: Those guys are helpful. They are. But they are not the be-all, end-all on where a character is and what a character can do. They consistently underrate characters -- one prominent YouTuber had no idea how great Hawkeye is as a champion until he was forced to use him on his free-to-play account, as well as Rogue.

I am not saying you shouldn't ever listen to them. Again, they are helpful.

Just check out the responses about Taskmaster in this forum's Character Spotlight thread. They are detailed, with videos of legit kills with TM that are legit.

I would be thrilled to awaken my four-star TM and take him to at least 4/40 and probably 5/50. It's a character that rewards patience and skill.

• Options
    taojay1 wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    Lmao Seatin

I honestly wasn't trying to be a jerk -- I really wasn't, which is why I tried to not give a specific name. But yeah. He's a good player, has accomplished a lot, and I enjoy his videos.

But they aren't always right. His rankings aren't always correct, and I worry sometimes that people treat them like they are fact a little too often
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    I have him as a four--star, have tested him extensively, as have others. Check out the Champion Spotlight thread for videos and observations.
    Just going to offer a note about YouTubers as well: Those guys are helpful. They are. But they are not the be-all, end-all on where a character is and what a character can do. They consistently underrate characters -- one prominent YouTuber had no idea how great Hawkeye is as a champion until he was forced to use him on his free-to-play account, as well as Rogue.
    Lmao Seatin

When he first tried Hyperion and Hela he said they were « Okay » but not that great, classic
  • Options
    He is one of the best. He has exploiting weakness and accuracy ability reduction. Also is defence is amazing.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Taskmaster was my 1st 4*
    He is coop when duped cause gives him ability to shrug debuff
    However he is more timing based
    U need to use his exploit weakness and his special attack with exploit weakness will do good damage
    He is also good aw defense
  • Options
    Psy26Psy26 Posts: 159
    Holly mother of threadomancy
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    abelarmi said:

I was lucky enough to just pull a 5* Taskmasters with a 300 unit Crystal. I have the resources to get him to R3 and awaken him if it makes a big difference. How good is he and is he worth it?

If his concussion debuffs lasted 50% longer and his sp1/sp2 exploit weakness was plain special exploit weakness instead, then he would be definitely top5 skills if not better.
    I’m using him a lot, and realistically you can’t keep the concussion uptime and stack them, on harder or endgame content even with a very cooperative AI 😉
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Besides the solid AAR he also becomes debuff immune in annoying fights. Aarkus, MS, Havok, Void, and more that I’m currently blanking on. If you don’t get hit by specials, you can get your opponent 60% DAAR, 50% OAAR and 50% perfect block chance permanently. All you need to do is for both you and the enemy light, medium, heavy, L1, L2, and you your L3. Then it’s permanent until you get hit by their special. With sig level 79, your concussion passive will be slightly higher than 50% AAR, meaning complete shutdown assuming you have cycled through your moves and baited specials and heavies from them.
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 313 ★★
    He’s one of my favorites, the sig helps a lot with damage. He’s not a crazy pure damage champ but he can get a lot of AAR and solid bleed damage on the SP1.
  • Options
    Psy26 said:

Holly mother of threadomancy

LOL Well, we can't lecture people about using the Search function when they actually do it
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    These 4 synergies might be interesting to try out with Taskmaster. Even better, Taskmaster is likely getting the #metal tag so he can further benefit from the Magneto persistant charge ability. He might just become a Damage GOD.

• Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    @MaxGaming loves Taskmaster, he would know
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I know I revived this post but I saw a notification for it annd... ya so, taskmaster is a champion with decent damage on bleed and basic attacks but gets most damage comes from his tasks which can do more and more damage if you maximize the tasks you can do in one match and after a while he has 100% immunity when awakened so he is r5 worthy as a 5* when awakened but still is r3 and 4 worthy when unawakened sorry for the incorrect punctuation.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Does it count as necroing if you bring a thread that hasn't been active for 5 days
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Unio77 said:

Does it count as necroing if you bring a thread that hasn't been active for 5 days

not sure but i was proving a point that I know about taskmaster besides the post is 2years old by now hold up aren't you the one who started the insightful thread?
  • Options
    Hey @Hilbert_unbeatable2, this discussion is almost 3 years old and it's highly unlikely the OP still requires advice about this Champion. I recommend checking the date of the last post before reviving any threads in future. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.