**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dr Voodoo Power Burn not working on debuff immune nodes [Not A Bug]

benjamin_leebenjamin_lee Posts: 37
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I should first clarify what exactly I am referring to since Dr Voodoo is a very complex champ with multiple ways of controlling power. I am here specifically referring to his ability to power burn upon using Special 2 on an even combo. If there are up to 3 loas placed on the opponent at the time the special hits, Dr Voodoo gains an equivalent number of power burn buffs on him. This allows him to burn the opponent's power with each hit.

What I have realised is that against a debuff immune opponent, this constant power burn is simply ineffective. The word "debuff" appears on each and every hit, and no power is drained.

This is a bug because there is no debuff placed on the opponent in the first place. A debuff is one of those red symbols you see below the opponent's health bar, like bleed, poison, power lock etc. But there is no such icon for this power burn effect by Dr Voodoo. Quite the opposite, it is a buff that is given to him. It is an instant action that burns power on the spot, there's no lingering effect like a debuff.

Furthermore, this is inconsistent with how debuff immune nodes react to power drain by other champs. A quick experiment shows this:

Voodoo: unable to power burn after using sp2 on even combo

Vision: able to power burn. This is confusing since Voodoo is unable to power burn, yet vision can.

Rogue: able to power steal

Dormamu: able to power drain

Hawkeye: unable to power drain. Again, this is confusing because Dormamu was able to power drain, yet hawkeye could not.

None of these effects are debuffs at all; they are all instantaneous effects and the debuff immunity node should not render these effects non-existent.

Please look into this; if this is not a bug then we need a coherent explanation to when a power drain effect is a 'debuff' and when it is not.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    follow
  • Options
    Any updates on this?
  • Options
    LewkkLewkk Posts: 36
    I made a post on this in early JULY.. nothing has been mentioned about it at all so looks like unfortunately it's going to stay this way even though it defies logic haha
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/8411/just-a-question-that-seems-strange-to-me#latest
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Not today boys
    Lewkk wrote: »
    I made a post on this in early JULY.. nothing has been mentioned about it at all so looks like unfortunately it's going to stay this way even though it defies logic haha
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/8411/just-a-question-that-seems-strange-to-me#latest

• Options
    KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    +1
  • Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    +2.
  • Options
    LewkkLewkk Posts: 36
    =3 quick maffs
  • Options
    UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Yeah, we can understand the immune to debuff effect nodes, but debuff immune would be different. I remember being really confused when i noticed it a few months back because I swear I never saw it happen.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    It's because Voodoo places a debuff on the opponent in order to power burn the opponent's meter with each hit. If you can't place a debuff (debuff immune), then the power burn part does not work either.

Hawkeye's powerdrain has also been discussed a lot and it has been noted that his powerdrain is also considered a debuff and working as intended.. Although I will admit, the logic behind it is a bit weird (Why is it considered a debuff, but Winter Soldier's powerburn for example is not? Doesn't make a lot of sense).
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey there @benjamin_lee. Currently, Voodoo's Power Drain is considered a debuff, which is why he is affected by this. I am sorry for any confusion that this caused. Since this isn't a Bug, I'm going to go ahead and close out the thread. Thanks!
  • Options
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/39576/dr-voodoo-power-burn-not-working-on-debuff-immune-nodes/p1?new=1

I refer to the earlier response where it was simply stated "Currently, Voodoo's Power Drain is considered a debuff, which is why he is affected by this". I think this is precisely the point of the thread. How on earth is that a debuff? On what basis are effects considered debuffs? I mean it is obvious from the fact that debuff immune nodes prevent it that it is currently considered a debuff in game, but WHY?
  • Options
    benjamin_leebenjamin_lee Posts: 37
    edited December 2017
    In relation to debuff immune nodes, are any of these bugged?

Voodoo: unable to power burn after using sp2 on even combo

Vision: able to power burn. This is confusing since Voodoo is unable to power burn, yet vision can.

Rogue: able to power steal

Dormamu: able to power drain

Hawkeye: unable to power drain. Again, this is confusing because Dormamu was able to power drain, yet hawkeye could not.
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Power burn might be considered a debuff and power drain is not?
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    It's Kabam. You cannot expect consistency and clear answers from them
This discussion has been closed.