**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Gifting gifts from the items we own

This is the first time i have a gifting badge, so i didnt know how gifting worked.
i thought it allowed me to select an item from my stash and allow me to send it to someone else. i felt a certain sense of disappointment when i realized i could only give stuff away by buying it with units.
i'm not gonna complain about the "gift store", i'm gonna complain about "why can't i gift something from the things i own".

you see, gifting in MCOC is like gifting in real life:
one way to do it is to go to the store and buy the gift
the other way is to gift away one of your belongings

MCOC only has the first way.
is a shame really.

i don't do arenas, so i have all these arena boosts AND arena boost crystals that i don't want. on the other hand, my alliance has a few arena grinders who i'd like to gift my boosts.
i have low level friends who i'd like to gift a couple of my exp boosts, or 3-star crystals (forged with shards from modok's lab), i could gift catalysts that i have maxed instead of letting them expire.

i gifted an energy refill today. i bought it with units and gifted it. why did i have to pay for it, instead of giving one of the 8 refills i had in my inventory?

unrelated, but i'm curions: why isn't the gift badge normally available? apparently you can only gift things by buying them with units, so... i'd think a summoner with a badge would basically only have 2 options: not use it, or buy units everytime they want to use it.

anyway, long story short: allow us to gift the items we own

Comments

• AMFAMF Posts: 83
    Well, my fellow Summoner, this is another subtle, underhanded way in which Kabam tries to bilk you out of your money. Everything Kabam does is just easy and fun enough so you won't quit, but not so easy that Kabam doesn't get mucho mucho dollars out of you. In other words, Kabam won't allow you to gift from your stash because then you won't buy their worthless digital money ("Units").

Furthermore, Kabam introduces a measure of urgency by making these gifting badges temporary, so people feel like these badges are actually ephemeral assets worth using while they last.

Simply put, don't expect Kabam, or any other of these "freemium" content makers to be straight with you because that would be harmful to their bottom line.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    This is the first time i have a gifting badge, so i didnt know how gifting worked.
    i thought it allowed me to select an item from my stash and allow me to send it to someone else. i felt a certain sense of disappointment when i realized i could only give stuff away by buying it with units.
    i'm not gonna complain about the "gift store", i'm gonna complain about "why can't i gift something from the things i own".

you see, gifting in MCOC is like gifting in real life:
    one way to do it is to go to the store and buy the gift
    the other way is to gift away one of your belongings

MCOC only has the first way.
    is a shame really.

i don't do arenas, so i have all these arena boosts AND arena boost crystals that i don't want. on the other hand, my alliance has a few arena grinders who i'd like to gift my boosts.
    i have low level friends who i'd like to gift a couple of my exp boosts, or 3-star crystals (forged with shards from modok's lab), i could gift catalysts that i have maxed instead of letting them expire.

i gifted an energy refill today. i bought it with units and gifted it. why did i have to pay for it, instead of giving one of the 8 refills i had in my inventory?

unrelated, but i'm curions: why isn't the gift badge normally available? apparently you can only gift things by buying them with units, so... i'd think a summoner with a badge would basically only have 2 options: not use it, or buy units everytime they want to use it.

anyway, long story short: allow us to gift the items we own

Well.. When you buy a gift for someone, you buy something new and not something unused from yourself right?
  • Rilwanbhai456Rilwanbhai456 Posts: 17
    i need a gifts for me from kabam
  • Rilwanbhai456Rilwanbhai456 Posts: 17
    still waiting some free gift as big as possible from kabam to me @Mr_Stark_iron78
  • Prohacker10001Prohacker10001 Posts: 10
    I also need a gift from kabam