**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should Kabam keep these 30 mins timers for AQ Permanently?

WVPride91WVPride91 Posts: 74
edited December 2017 in General Discussion

Should Kabam keep these 30 mins timers for AQ Permanently? 168 votes

Yes
79%
DL864tlhTacoScottyStolenNameGuyVoluntarisAegonTDJRipsterKpatrixCakedaddyOmniRektorCaptain_KandiceRagamugginGunnerhurricantDr_ARCHerJustice_Evo_8danielmathZeke_the_XbotAnonymousGolden_Guardian 134 votes
No
20%
GroundedWisdomCoatHang3rGamerRB6942IronDevilEb0ny-O-M4wDrOctavius2_2AddyosDeadbyrd9Bosko888670AxeCopFireAfridMrbeast6000Superman69CarsonNicholasEmil_LimsonDizastarDave_the_destroyerKojomaotoAwesomeKyloRen 34 votes
«1

Comments

  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Yes
    Coz we need to have a life
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Yes
    Chicken wrote: »
    I wonder who the 3 idiots are that voted no?

    Trolls
  • Yes
    What is the point of having energy restrictions in the 1st place if they aren't gonna offer a way to bypass them with buying energy refills?

    I've never understood this in AQ or AW.
  • AnimatronicstoAnimatronicsto Posts: 194
    No
    Chicken wrote: »
    I wonder who the 3 idiots are that voted no?

    Bro chill. Why in the past have they not been changed? Because although the servers are down frequently. They do manage to stay up most of the time and would make the 30 minute timers unwarranted for the vast majority of the time
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Yes
    I find it very odd that they have not changed this already. In war, its fine because there are not that many moves to be made, but AQ map5 for example there are so many different paths and moves it does not make sense.

    I guess those who do not have jobs, or do have jobs but are able to take a few min break every hour get rewarded?

    And I have not even mentioned the fact that servers going down usually mess up the usual ritualistic chore.

    Am I missing something here? I feel like AQ SHOULD be 30min just based on how the maps are designed. Although, AW can stay with the 1hr timer, it is much easier to path.
  • Yes
    Think they should also reduce the time to recharge 5*s in vs .
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    No
    Half the time for people who want it but they also get half the points and half the rewards.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Purpose of this post. It’s been asked hundreds of times. Answer is no
  • DadouSanDadouSan Posts: 35
    No
    Why no :
    I like the idea of a 30m timer.

    But at the same time as someone living in a foreign country (French but living in Japan) I always start my AQ or AW few hours after my teammates. With only a 30min timer I'm afraid I will times to times not be able to participate at all because the AQ or AW will be done.

    I'm taking my case as example but it work also for the members living in Quebec or any member not able to join the AQ/AW in the evening.

    And for now even with members from different time zones we always (if there is not server problems) to clean the events.

    I don't think there is a need to change it.


    Instead of a 30min timer, I'd like to see specials items (1 a week by person, able to stack it up to 3, with a small over stack timer to not be able to keep a big amount of them) to refresh 1 energy point.
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    Yes
    I wouldn't see why they don't they don't sell alliance energy refills so it's not like they would loose money possible even make some by more alliances going further in the maps and selling more health potions or revives
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Yes
    DadouSan wrote: »
    Why no :
    I like the idea of a 30m timer.

    But at the same time as someone living in a foreign country (French but living in Japan) I always start my AQ or AW few hours after my teammates. With only a 30min timer I'm afraid I will times to times not be able to participate at all because the AQ or AW will be done.

    So what?
  • DadouSanDadouSan Posts: 35
    No
    So if you can't fight a single fight during the event you don't have the rewards.
    What's the point if you can't have the rewards, don't tell me you are playing for the beauty of the AQ/AW.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Yes
    DadouSan wrote: »
    So if you can't fight a single fight during the event you don't have the rewards.
    What's the point if you can't have the rewards, don't tell me you are playing for the beauty of the AQ/AW.

    I understand your point but:

    1) If you live in Japan and part of a U.S. ally, there is something wrong with your choice.
    2) You will get rewards anyway.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Yes
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Half the time for people who want it but they also get half the points and half the rewards.

    Ya tell that to my almost 50 (I think I'm 45) AW mvps... I am definately speaking for those that work hard, but also enjoy having a wealthy life both monetary and familial.

    I dropped the AW mvps for example of doing more than my fair share (AQ no way of proving it) but you can ask my alliance who is usually the one killing both mini bosses and the boss in AQ in map4+5
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    No
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Half the time for people who want it but they also get half the points and half the rewards.

    Ya tell that to my almost 50 (I think I'm 45) AW mvps... I am definately speaking for those that work hard, but also enjoy having a wealthy life both monetary and familial.

    I dropped the AW mvps for example of doing more than my fair share (AQ no way of proving it) but you can ask my alliance who is usually the one killing both mini bosses and the boss in AQ in map4+5

    Get this man a cookie!
  • Yes
    As long as aq still lasts 24 hours, I would enjoy 30 minute timers. It wouldn't negatively impact anybody's final event score, and for those of us who can't log in as frequently as we would like due to that pesky real life, it would help us remain good contributors to our alliances. Unfortunately, I can also see how the calls for the aq event clock to be reduced to 12 hours would start almost immediately...to compensate for the faster energy timer. I've seen how this 'community' works. :smile:
  • DadouSanDadouSan Posts: 35
    No
    Badrose wrote: »
    DadouSan wrote: »
    So if you can't fight a single fight during the event you don't have the rewards.
    What's the point if you can't have the rewards, don't tell me you are playing for the beauty of the AQ/AW.

    I understand your point but:

    1) If you live in Japan and part of a U.S. ally, there is something wrong with your choice.
    2) You will get rewards anyway.

    1) The "I'm French but living in Japan" point means I'm in a French ally...
    2) Will you? Still you won't have the alliance quest daily rewards.
    3) And as I said with people living in 3 different countries (France, French Canada and Japan), most of us working, part of us with kids, so unable to spend too much time on the game we still managed to clean the AQ/AW with 1 hour timer.
    Maybe only the last day is sometimes a little bit thigh if one of the officers couldn't start the event in time.

    It's not I don't want a 30min timer, I really don't think Kabam will do it, and there is no real purpose on doing it.
    But I'd like to see some AQ/AW energy refill rewarded once a week/month?
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Yes
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Half the time for people who want it but they also get half the points and half the rewards.

    Ya tell that to my almost 50 (I think I'm 45) AW mvps... I am definately speaking for those that work hard, but also enjoy having a wealthy life both monetary and familial.

    I dropped the AW mvps for example of doing more than my fair share (AQ no way of proving it) but you can ask my alliance who is usually the one killing both mini bosses and the boss in AQ in map4+5

    Get this man a cookie!

    Get this man a job! Maybe someone pays him to troll?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    No
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Half the time for people who want it but they also get half the points and half the rewards.

    Ya tell that to my almost 50 (I think I'm 45) AW mvps... I am definately speaking for those that work hard, but also enjoy having a wealthy life both monetary and familial.

    I dropped the AW mvps for example of doing more than my fair share (AQ no way of proving it) but you can ask my alliance who is usually the one killing both mini bosses and the boss in AQ in map4+5

    Get this man a cookie!

    Get this man a job! Maybe someone pays him to troll?
    Yeah...so upon further reflection of what you’ve described, you are sandbagging in an alliance, no wonder you are trying to make things easier for Yourself. So not only do you already make it easy for you, you are willing to destroy the one thing that makes the mode competitive for others. Suck it up buttercup.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Yes
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Half the time for people who want it but they also get half the points and half the rewards.

    Ya tell that to my almost 50 (I think I'm 45) AW mvps... I am definately speaking for those that work hard, but also enjoy having a wealthy life both monetary and familial.

    I dropped the AW mvps for example of doing more than my fair share (AQ no way of proving it) but you can ask my alliance who is usually the one killing both mini bosses and the boss in AQ in map4+5

    Get this man a cookie!

    Get this man a job! Maybe someone pays him to troll?
    Yeah...so upon further reflection of what you’ve described, you are sandbagging in an alliance, no wonder you are trying to make things easier for Yourself. So not only do you already make it easy for you, you are willing to destroy the one thing that makes the mode competitive for others. Suck it up buttercup.

    What are you talking about? Man you are acting more delusional/irrelevant than your usual posts. Awww did someone get coal for Christmas, its ok boo make the nice list next year.
  • Yes
    I'd be happy with 1 hour timers if they sold 1 alliance energy every 12 hours in the store. I don't know why they don't do it, that's more units they get back or money if people are paying for units. And 1 extra move every 12 hours would help us without hurting anyone. It's win, win
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    No
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Half the time for people who want it but they also get half the points and half the rewards.

    Ya tell that to my almost 50 (I think I'm 45) AW mvps... I am definately speaking for those that work hard, but also enjoy having a wealthy life both monetary and familial.

    I dropped the AW mvps for example of doing more than my fair share (AQ no way of proving it) but you can ask my alliance who is usually the one killing both mini bosses and the boss in AQ in map4+5

    Get this man a cookie!

    Get this man a job! Maybe someone pays him to troll?
    Yeah...so upon further reflection of what you’ve described, you are sandbagging in an alliance, no wonder you are trying to make things easier for Yourself. So not only do you already make it easy for you, you are willing to destroy the one thing that makes the mode competitive for others. Suck it up buttercup.

    What are you talking about? Man you are acting more delusional/irrelevant than your usual posts. Awww did someone get coal for Christmas, its ok boo make the nice list next year.
    I’m saying the simple fact that you take mvp in every war and kill every boss in your BG shows that you far outclass the players in your alliance; especially since we are talking about map 4/5. Being that you out class your alliance you are playing below your skill level to make the game easier on yourself which is called sandbagging. Being a sandbagger it is no surprise you are trying to make the game even easier for yourself while ignoring how it affects others.

    Map 5/6 are meant to be a challenge and part of that challenge is managing your time effectively or taking on linked nodes as a penalty for failing to manage your time. If the difficulty of timers is too much for you there are lesser maps to play which require less dedication and are less difficult. I don’t really expect a sandbagger to grasp that though so I’m prolly just pissing up a rope here.

    Being that I do not have imaginary friends I do not celebrate Christmas nor would Santa be gifting me coal. But yeah, I hope Santa eats your cookies...
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    Kabam Mike already made a huge post using Kabam logic why this would be bad for everyone and alliances would expect you to be checking in every 30 min. REAL logic means we'd check in every few hours and get to dump 5 energy in 10 min and be done for most of the day. KABAM logic requires us to check in every 30 min and not just let energy build up faster and dump max cap each time (who actually checks in every 30 min for ONE 60 second fight). You cannot reason with mods or a devs that use Kabam logic.
  • No
    No, but really only for one simple reason. Next season will be more Nodes!

    “We gave 30 minute timers like the community asked! Unfortunately it seems many of you were left unchallenged. So we’re doubling the amount of nodes to get to the boss! Isn’t that fun? Potions can be found in the store as always!”

    Doing map 5s takes a little skill, but it’s more about being active and communicating.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    No
    “We gave 30 minute timers like the community asked! Unfortunately it seems many of you were left unchallenged. So we’re doubling the amount of nodes to get to the boss! Isn’t that fun? Potions can be found in the store as always!”

    Exactly. People have to be careful what they wish for. Some wanted a harder Master mode monthly quest, they got the Uncollected mode and then cried that it was too hard. Some want 30 minute AQ timers, well guess what? Maps may become twice as large with double the nodes. That doesn't sound like fun.

    I'm one of the 'idiots' who voted no, but I like the 30 minute timers just like anyone else. I voted no because I know the maps are designed a certain way to ensure a certain level of activity and competitiveness among alliances, and don't think that should be changed.

    As the saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it...".
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Yes
    81% say yes. That's a pretty good sample (though not all have voted). You get all the same rewards that anyone else gets whether you score 0 or 3.7 mil as long as you join aq before the timer ends, so rewards are not the issue to anyone not able to contribute until you wake up. My alliance, as well as many others that I still talk to, have members from Egypt, Australia, Dubai, and many other countries. They would all tell you that 30 minute timers don't hurt them at all.
Sign In or Register to comment.