**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Censored Friend and Alliance Chat?

Jacobus7252Jacobus7252 Posts: 6
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Im not sure but im pretty sure Kabam started censoring friend and alliance chat. I just want to confirm with the forum folks before I conclude its a glitch.

Comments

• Also while im at it I might as well ask... Is the crystal mechanism's first instinct to land on the worst item and only land on something good when it absolutely has too?
  • tzabektzabek Posts: 1
    Yup. What's funny is they censor words that shouldn't be censored (not even english words). Their developers are just pathetic and skill-less
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    Yes, last week it started censoring certain words/phrases. We can still curse all we want but we cannot say one of our alliance members names, Buttsmack. If you type his name anywhere in a post, it censors the entire post.
  • AvalancheAvalanche Posts: 50
    You can't even say incest anymore :( we used to talk about it all the time in alliance chat but not anymore
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Also while im at it I might as well ask... Is the crystal mechanism's first instinct to land on the worst item and only land on something good when it absolutely has too?

If you are talking about when you spin a crystal....the pictures during the spin are purely cosmetic...what you receive is determined once you drag the crystal to the middle of the screen and release it.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 33
    edited June 2017
    You cant even say "norman osbourne" in global chat. That name is actually the green goblins real name. He is a Marvel character in spiderman. So why is that name censored? I dont understand the reasoning behind the censoring. Just rate your game as 15+ in all android and IOS stores and then release any censor. Anyone 15 and over know all the bad words out there. And if parents let their younger kids under 15 play then that is their decision. But for the most portion of people I have met on this game in 3 years. They were and are all above 30 years of age. So why the censor?? It is a bit childish. Censors are overated now. We dont need them. Think about this Kabam Games
  • They used to not censor friend chat was that changed too?
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    The filter is a mess right now, I got filtred for answering someone question about if they can change their password.

I said yes you can change your password, but it depends on what you signed in with. The word password is what most likely set off the filter because when I typed in pw it went through fine.

I don't know what they're using as a chat filter but they need to fix it and I'm wondering what they used to use in the past for a number of reasons.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Also while im at it I might as well ask... Is the crystal mechanism's first instinct to land on the worst item and only land on something good when it absolutely has too?

You keen like when any time you are just a couple 4* shards from a crystal and when ever you open a 3* crystal you get a new champ so you don't get the 4* shards for duping . I have tried it a bunch of times good way to get new 3* is you want them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Hey folks - our chat filters were changed recently to quell a number of concerning and problematic conversations that were happening in private and alliance chat conversations. If you're seeing situations where something was being flagged and you feel it shouldn't have been, please let us know.

But, uh, as for incest - MCOC isn't the place to discuss that at all so that's not a mis-flagged term.

Our filters function differently depending on your chat history, as well.

Some of what is being described here is not normal behaviour, but we can use this information to improve the technology. Ultimately, our aim is to ensure that chat is a clean place that allows a focus on in-game conversation related to MCOC, but sometimes keyword flagging needs to be 'trained'.

• AvalancheAvalanche Posts: 50
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey folks - our chat filters were changed recently to quell a number of concerning and problematic conversations that were happening in private and alliance chat conversations. If you're seeing situations where something was being flagged and you feel it shouldn't have been, please let us know.

But, uh, as for incest - MCOC isn't the place to discuss that at all so that's not a mis-flagged term.

Some of what is being described here is not normal behaviour, but we can use this information to improve the technology. Ultimately, our aim is to ensure that chat is a clean place that allows a focus on in-game conversation related to MCOC, but sometimes keyword flagging needs to be 'trained'.

I WAS KIDDING LOL! but thanks for the heads up <3 papa bless
  • This addition to the game makes it almost impossible to communicate ingame. Alliance chat used to be a safe space to discuss whatever and not worry about filters. Who was asking for MORE filters??? Doesn't even stop other alliances from talking smack in the ear chat.
  • Chat filter need to be gone. This makes us use different messaging systems. Kabam shouldn't ignore our requests.
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    I agree chat filter should be gone but also understand why it is in place. Is there anyway that only the specific word can be filtered. I hate typing out a whole message and only 1 word hits the filter and the entire message gets censored. Sometimes it is hard to figure out which word or phrase is being censored. In my case, we have an alliance member with the name Buttsmack. I have to get creative to flag him in the chat because if I use his name, none of my message gets through.
  • GroebuffGroebuff Posts: 48
    Need help ,I'm blocked out of all chat,
  • Groebuff wrote: »
    Need help ,I'm blocked out of all chat,

Most likley what happened is you got too many people to report you in chat and after a certain amount of reports they block yout out of chat for a certain amount of time
  • Nerfbat73Nerfbat73 Posts: 30
    This really needs to be fixed typing. Typing messages to coordinate things in my alliance getting censored for no reason is frustrating. Turn it off already
  • WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 134
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »

Is Kabam still looking into this?! It is extremely frustrating that the chat censors random words and we have to play "whack-a-mole" to figure out why our posts are censored by replacing individual words. It's really ridiculous...