**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magik or Ghost rider

SharkPowerr99SharkPowerr99 Posts: 163
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
Who should I upgrade first to R5

Magik or Ghost rider 85 votes

Ghost rider ( sig lvl. 34)
78%
Etaki_LirakoiDL864GrubRektorSnakeEyes69GbSarkarAlfa_PigeonHaji_SaabRenegade_DoggyTheChaChastakHulk_77Erza_ScarletAppieTheLazyKingMwhitaker23vg2782buffajrItay1234212Maitrayee_494 67 votes
Magik ( undub)
21%
VoluntarisdanielmathDrOctavius2_2AgentOfSHIELDSpity68Rednick69wSWeaponXRentonXDHenrytfu_41bm3eppsSnaggleAnonymous346xananabananaAryanNoobElitehunterN1GHT0WLSHubris_haterdarshakiyo 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    can someone explain why GR is better?
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Gr isnt better, he’s just different.

Gr is a bit of a Swiss Army knife. He has a lot of tools at his disposal, power drain, nullify, healing...he’s also bleed immune.
    His damage is reasonably low though.

He’s good for questing due to his longevity and because he’s got tools for almost every occasion.plus he looks cool.

His downside is that his judgements aren’t 100% accurate, especially against heroes, and certain uses require a bit of planning to maximise the length of the judgements you want.

Magiks strength is power control. She can nullify, and does have a form of regen from limbo, though you will eventually be chipped down. Overall her abilities are strong but limited.

I do find her damage better than GRs personally. But not by a huge margin.

She works well on defense because limbo scales ridiculously with node buffs and it’s difficult to counter.

• Options
    @RedRooster @Cuteshelf thank you.....
  • Options
    It's because magik isn't duped.
  • Options
    and they are both good
  • Options
    TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    edited December 2017
    Magik is an awesome champ with her insanely good power control, and LIMBO but I think GR is a better champ.

His regen, it's sick. You can regen your health from really low to 100% in a single fight. Also his regen is infinite, which means you can regenerate your health again and again (but it takes time). He has one of the best regen in this game.
    Sp1 places fate seal, nullifies all buffs of opponent. Sp2 has power drain. Sp3 places Damnation, opponents under Damnation are power locked, heal blocked & fate sealed.
    He's immune to bleed which makes him really useful for AWs and AQs. Especially AQs, he's one of the best AQ champ.
    His prestige is really high, much better than Magik.

But GR is a complicated champ to use, while magik is a simple and easy to use champ. She makes fights really easy with her power gain/drain/lock.
    Magik is a boss killer and GR isn't because of his low damage output.

I also have a GR, and in almost every quest I use GR the most.

Your Magik is unduped so GR is an obvious choice. Because Magik doesn't have anything else except power control.
  • Options
    Yo guys, thanks for all the replies, I really apreciate it :) I know exactly how to use GR and magik. Btw I can ( If really needed) awaken her soon. I don't know if that makes a difference about your choices, but I am just saying. Oh and the AG is a generic one
  • Options
    TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Yo guys, thanks for all the replies, I really apreciate it :) I know exactly how to use GR and magik. Btw I can ( If really needed) awaken her soon. I don't know if that makes a difference about your choices, but I am just saying. Oh and the AG is a generic one

She is not worth a generic awakening gem. Ghost Rider would serve you better.
  • Options

And what about a mystic AG? If I had one
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★

And what about a mystic AG? If I had one

Personally, I think she is worth a mystic AG at the very least. I'm a big Magik fan I'll admit. There is something about her simplicity.

I use GR in AQ, and the number of times it can take for him to proc the judgement you want can be frustrating sometimes. He's a little unreliable... not Scarlet Witch unreliable, but sometimes a victim of annoying RNG.

There is nothing fancy about Magik, what she does, she does well. I find I'm using her more and more in general questing than my other top mystics including Voodoo and GR. Power control is such an integral part of this game now. Not just power gain, but also spite, kinetic and any number of new buffs they can conceive. And if she's awakened she can often heal back unavoidable damage from degen, flare etc etc. She can turn treacherous nodes into casual strolls.

She's been wrecking it for me in Modok's labs even on stacked nodes.

• Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    Use blade synergy and GR prices his judgements 100% of the time on the first try.
  • Options
    TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    @SharkPowerr99 don't use generic Awakening gem on Magik. But she deserves a Mystic Awakening gem, if you have one.
    Rank up GR, and keep your generic Awakening gem for someone better.
  • Options
    Ricardo60289Ricardo60289 Posts: 369
    Ghost Rider is better for AQ Map 5 and 6:
    Regen, Power Control, Bleed Immunity, Heal Block, etc.

Magik is better for AW Defense when Duped or AW Attack when you’re running 4/5 MD.

When facing tough Alliances that place MD barriers, Magik is an absolute beast with her Power Control. Helps you easily defeat a 4/5 MD Jugg mini boss.

Note: when using Magik on the offensive, she works best when running MD at 4/5
  • Options
    TonyStark wrote: »
    @SharkPowerr99 don't use generic Awakening gem on Magik. But she deserves a Mystic Awakening gem, if you have one.
    Rank up GR, and keep your generic Awakening gem for someone better.

Who is worthy a generic AG?
  • Options
    Ghost Rider is better for AQ Map 5 and 6:
    Regen, Power Control, Bleed Immunity, Heal Block, etc.

Magik is better for AW Defense when Duped or AW Attack when you’re running 4/5 MD.

When facing tough Alliances that place MD barriers, Magik is an absolute beast with her Power Control. Helps you easily defeat a 4/5 MD Jugg mini boss.

Note: when using Magik on the offensive, she works best when running MD at 4/5

I honestly think magik is a much better power controller actually