**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Synergies on AW Defense [Under Investigation]

Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
edited January 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Do these actually work? I know that they are supposed to, but I have yet to see proof that they are. Recently I tried the Hela + Angela synergy on my D, and the attacking teams reported zero resurrections for my defenders. This is over multiple wars. I've also heard from others that the Dark Empowerment synergy doesn't work either.

Has anyone encountered either of these working? Are all synergies failing on defense or only a select few? Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    They do work.
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    Confirming...yes, they work. I remember seeing Dormammu resurrect against me in a past war due to his synergies with Mordo or Hood.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Has anyone seen the Angela/Hela one work, because it never did when I tested it.
  • Ash_iz_HamAsh_iz_Ham Posts: 34
    edited January 2018
    Recently, an alliance member was fighting a Medusa in AW and he could see that the same person had placed Blackbolt, which means Medusa should stack 6 furies instead of 3. Well, once she hit 3 furies she stopped stacking them and her 14 second timer started ticking for the furies to drop. In addition to this, I don’t know anyone who has ever seen the dark empowerment synergy between Dormammum, Hood and Mordo work in AW. So, 2 questions:

1. Has anyone on here noticed these synergies actually work in AW?
    2. Do any synergies actually work for AW defense?
    Post edited by Kabam Wolf on
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I’ve seen dark empowerment work in AW. Granted it was a very long time ago but it actually procced twice when I was fighting a Dormammu.
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    Excellent question. @Ash_iz_Ham

We fight a lot of Mordos, Dorms, Hoods, and villains in tier 1 and I personally have never had one opponent revive, ever. Every member in my alliance says the same thing. The AntMan/DocOc synergy never gets any kills and judging from our opponents health doesn't seem to be working. We've had a few players go against AntMan opponents in war with a corresponding DocOc defender placed by the same player, which gives Ant the "thorns" synergy, and none of our members have ever taken thorns damage from AntMan during glanced hits.

There are important synergies that we can build defensive strategies around, but if they are not working that's a huge issue. Can a mod please confirm that all synergies (especially unique) are or are not working for AW defense? @Kabam Wolf
    @Kabam Vydious

Thanks,
    Marcus
    I've been trying out the Hela+Angela synergy in AW for weeks and not one opponent has seen one of my champs revive.

They must not work anymore.
  • We really need an answer to this question ASAP as a lot of people, myself included, build a war defense around synergies. I have been using Morningstar with Guillotine (not a good defender) just for the synergy to make Morningstar tougher. Sometimes use Magik for the synergy too. Completely changes who to place if synergies do not work in AW.

Please let us know if synergies are going to be working in AW defense.

I always assumed they were working until I saw this and a few other members of my alliance said they didn't think they were working. If they don't work but should please let us know and then fix as soon as possible. If they don't work because Kabam decided they don't want synergies in AW then at least let us know so we can plan around it.
  • she3_rawyshe3_rawy Posts: 80
    that's really bad.. never paid attention really but also the (yondu & NC/Beast) Synergy that was actually mad specially for AW Defense does anybody see it in work?
  • 2Crows2Crows Posts: 16
    This is a significant question. I hope we get an answer soon.

Also, if they are not working, is that intentional?
    @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ hopefully the team can look into this. There are a lot of synergies that are very helpful for defense that require a sub par defender, and if these synergies are not working properly I’m sure people would make different selections when choosing their defense.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    Bump, need an answer to a vital part of the game which is supposed to be the new direction going forward
  • Brr762Brr762 Posts: 11
    Bump. Tons of players base their defenses around synergies
  • I am planning to rank up a 5 and 4* mordo and a 5 dormamu,to run the defense together with hood,it would be nice,if it works,or not.
  • Gimpy43Gimpy43 Posts: 13
    In regards to the dark empowerment synergy and also hela and Angela revive synergy, I believe these only heal you to a percentage of your base health so on a large noded up champion you might not even notice the regeneration kick in because to my knowledge the revives do not break the combo like Phoenix and don’t proc any notification on the screen. The medusa synergy is a new one to me. Would also like to hear from kabam on this before ranking the immortal team for defence.
    edited January 2018
    Bump
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    Make sure it the same persone it not in ther
    Hoping an @Administrator sees this and at least looks into it
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I’ve seen dark empowerment work in AW. Granted it was a very long time ago but it actually procced twice when I was fighting a Dormammu.

Thats the issue; it was a long time ago. I plan on using the Dark Empowerment synergy and would very much like to know if it truly is working.
  • Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Posts: 23
    Bump.

Any mods to response
    I think most of the staff is off over the weekends. Hopefully someone will get to this today, it absolutely needs to be investigated.

FWIW, I am now operating as if they do not function and not letting synergies impact who I place.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    Pretty interesting conversation and vids about this issue outside this forum. These synergies don't appear to be working at all.
    @Kabam Miike now that some video evidence has been posted can this be invenstigated?
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Ash_iz_Ham wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike now that some video evidence has been posted can this be invenstigated?

But what device and os was he using ?
    *investigated
    This really needs to be looked into.