**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quake

Needing help guys, just trying to use Quake to her max potential, never really fought with her til now. I know when you hold heavy she starts concussion, I get that. My problem is I try to evade when somkne rushes me and she used her heavy attack then I get smacked around, what the heck am I doing wrong?

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Is it not heavy then they rush, she auto evades and then you immediately block or swipe back? You just hold the heavy even if they rush sorry if I do not fully understand.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    @WVPride91 check out Seatins new video on Quake. Might help you out some.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Here are some tips while using Quake,

1. Straight after she evades, make sure to parry. This will give you lots of time to stack aftershock charges. (It will take lots of practice to get it perfect).

2. NEVER Back up against a wall. Let the evade do the job. You will be pinned against the wall by the opponent.

3. Learn the attack rhythm of every character. This will make it easier to manually evade their attacks if you're pinned against the wall.

• WVPride91WVPride91 Posts: 74
    Tha ks guys I figured it out, didn't know she automatically evaded lol
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    amazing champ and super pro, only love for quake here
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Anyone ever use Quake against the Collector?
  • KaanG95KaanG95 Posts: 74
    WVPride91 wrote: »
    Needing help guys, just trying to use Quake to her max potential, never really fought with her til now. I know when you hold heavy she starts concussion, I get that. My problem is I try to evade when somkne rushes me and she used her heavy attack then I get smacked around, what the heck am I doing wrong?

you gotta keep holding. Don't stop heavy attack when opponent is rushing. If you pull your finger before they hit you , you will not evade that attack. Practise more and you will get the idea. It's not hard
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    One additional caveat to using Quake:

As confirmed by Kabam Wolf, some champs at random will not strike Quake’s block on the hit attempt after she autoevades. To date, I’ve noticed this with Thor and UC as well as the Stark tech guys (IM, WM, IP).

Why does this matter? Because after you autoevade, you want to parry. And if the AI doesn’t hit your block (at random), you can’t parry. And if you don’t evade quickly after that AI whiff, you eat the next hit. And no one likes getting hit.

Here’s the discussion link.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41846/quake-ai-whiff-bug-not-a-bug

And here’s Wolf’s confirm that champs are supposed to randomly miss Quake’s Parry/block attempt after she autoevades7pzp8jlaf8bo.png

And here’s a shot of what it looks like when Thor tries his Rockette kick after Quake autoevades and she tries to parry. You will notice the EVADE message in the upper left, but no PARRY message nor any indication of damage taken by Quake from the Thor kick.
    3wbawrx8vrzd.png

If anyone has an additional list of champs against whom the Quake AI whiff is working as intended, please add here. It will be helpful going forward knowing which AI champs have the ability to evade Quake’s parry attempt by whiffing.

Dr. Zola
  • CakesCakes Posts: 22
    If you feel uncomfortable parrying after the evade you can hold block as soon as you charge the heavy. I usually charge the heavy do one parry, then charge again and block. Also dont be afraid to hit your opponent if you are being pushed back too far. Quake sp1 and sp2 push them quite a distance away.