**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Did you use your rank down tickets?

lordmarsh09lordmarsh09 Posts: 63
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Hey Guys!

Did YOU use any of your rank down tickets? I personally didn't. I've always been very careful with who I rank up and get catalyst fairly often. So the con's out-weighed the pro's to using them for me.

Now with that being said. Had the rank down tickets refunded gold and iso, I would have used all three of them. I'm curious though, what did you guys do???

Did you use your rank down tickets? 144 votes

Used all three rank down tickets, Heck Yeah Finally!
56%
GroundedWisdomVdh2008RagamugginGunnersuperunknown012RB6942danielmathShrimkinsmutamattIronDevilSnizzbarThebgj01LeNoirFaineantFEARZ_0Haji_SaabAnimejay70JamesMJestressStefffAgentOfSHIELDMrchamp 81 votes
Didn't use them, not worth it.
43%
Etaki_LirakoiBigMoFthewiggA_rock007stakSomeoneElseRiise81AceDeMoNDropfaithNikskiniMrbeast6000Primmer79Maitrayee_494ThomaszarDark89PhoenixXillymanmakaighostTonyStarkHeroBoltsyGrufty 63 votes

Comments

• ORIGINORIGIN Posts: 5
    Question why does it add up to 99%, also does anyone know when the next event quest comes out and what will it be?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't say finally, but I used them. I took down 5* Mags to borrow the Cats for AA. I've Ranked Mags back up again. The rest I used for Level Up.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    I used them. glad kabam gave me a second chance to take down that r5 sim and have room for way better cosmic characters!
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I used one of them on a maxed 4* Hawkeye to take a recently pulled 5* Hawkeye to rank 3 and almost have 4 T4CC Skill to take him to rank 4. It takes me a long time to get the T4CCs I need, so that rank down ticket was much appreciated.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    I don't think i would have even noticed the iso and gold part had i not read it, but i was verrrrrrrrrrrry happy to rank down my 4/55 SL
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited January 2018
    3-4 month player here... they were totally useless for me. I appreciate the gesture though I guess... and I appreciate that half the players seem to have used/needed them but is sucks that i did not get any use from my "gift".

For me it is like getting one of those gaudy knitted sweaters from your grandmother. You say thank you and smile as to not be rude... and then it goes into your closet forever (or in this case our grandmother took it back since we never wore it :D ).
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Jestress wrote: »
    chev327fox wrote: »
    3-4 month player here... they were totally useless for me. I appreciate the gesture though I guess... and I appreciate that half the players seem to have used/needed them but is sucks that i did not get any use from my "gift".

For me it is like getting one of those gaudy knitted sweaters from your grandmother. You say thank you and smile as to not be rude... and then it goes into your closet forever (or in this case our grandmother took it back since we never wore it :D ).

Use during level up and get extra units...

But with only 3-4 months of playing you might not have the gold/iso to do that
    edited January 2018

Newer player with a MASSIVE ISO shortage... I mean massive. I have 1.5 million gold and no ISO. So I cannot afford to waste ISO right now. Also I save up for Level Up Events (I never level without there being an event and/or an advancement even going on... same with opening crystals I never open until an advancement event that I can clear) so they would not hep me with that at all.

But yes if I were a long time player with tons of spare ISO and gold (not to mention tons of highly ranks champs) that would have been a good idea ;)
    edited January 2018

Newer player with a MASSIVE ISO shortage... I mean massive. I have 1.5 million gold and no ISO. So I cannot afford to waste ISO right now. Also I save up for Level Up Events (I never level without there being an event and/or an advancement even going on... same with opening crystals I never open until an advancement event that I can clear) so they would not hep me with that at all.

But yes if I were a long time player with tons of spare ISO and gold (not to mention tons of highly ranks champs) that would have been a good idea ;)

What I mean to say is gold and iso are not an issue. If you don't need the rank down tickets for anything, wait for a level up event, rank down your character. You are given enough ISO and gold to rank that character back up to where it was. Thus, if nothing else, you complete event milestones. Has nothing to do with your current funds.

You lose all ISO and gold from that rank down... you only get catalysts back. So it does matter what your current funds are at.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Where are the options for only using one or 2 of the rankdowns?
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    lol doesnt matter if you had made good ranking choices before RDTs were handed out, you could've used them on champs that you've used rank up gems on. Imagine you got science r4 5* rank up gem, you could easily rank yj or any science to rank 4 then rank down to get those valuable T2as
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I used one on 4* HE cuase I pulled GP
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I used them, and I love the fact that they did this. I'm looking forward to this opportunity every year around Christmas.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    used them to fix a 4/55 regret i will now have 3 new 4/55s next time lvl up hits
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    used my 5* one to rank up a 5* champ with a rank up gem from 5.3 then rank them down and get all the catalysts back.

Used my 4* one on mordo to r4 my 5* voodoo.

Overall very happy with the results.
  • lordmarsh09lordmarsh09 Posts: 63
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I like how people say if you “make good choices” you don’t need them. BS. I’d just ranked up Ghostrider to Rank 5 a week earlier and then pulled a 5* GR the day after we got rank down tickets. Took 5* GR to rank 4 because of the RDTs and he’s my first R4 5*. Totally worth it. The 5* is far stronger and massive health pool by comparison. Totally worth it. So glad we got the RDTs.

For sure! Great point!
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Used the 4* and 5* one. Ranked both of my SIM (5*from r3 and 4* from r4) used the cats to r4 my 5* Angela
    I personally get tons of catalyst but rank up champions so often I run out of gold and iso faster. Especially because I mainly rank 5 stars now. I know it's different through-out the rest of the player base.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Used 5* and 4* rdt.

Ranked down 5* guilly from 4 to 3.
    Ranked down 4* x23 from 5 to 4.

2 biggest regrets undone
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Everyone shoulda used them at least for a level up solo event, if you didn’t wanna rank down anyone you could of rank down a champ & ranked them right back up for some free rewards
    Everyone shoulda used them at least for a level up solo event, if you didn’t wanna rank down anyone you could of rank down a champ & ranked them right back up for some free rewards

True but I don't have an unlimited amount of gold and iso, so the one event it wasn't worth it for me. I hit level up and all the class advancements every time.
  • MrchampMrchamp Posts: 31
    edited January 2018
    ranked down four star to bring other five stars up. No big deal just needed basics

Mrchamp wrote: »
    ranked down four star to bring other five stars up. No big deal just needed basics

Preach. Mrchamp

Its called being smart.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Used them mainly to rank down champs I don't use as much and rank up newer champs I got that I'm impatient on waiting for the cats.

That said, why wouldn't you use them? Even if during a level-up solo event you just ranked down a champ to rank them right back up for the easy points? Seems foolish to just let them expire.
    Used them mainly to rank down champs I don't use as much and rank up newer champs I got that I'm impatient on waiting for the cats.

That said, why wouldn't you use them? Even if during a level-up solo event you just ranked down a champ to rank them right back up for the easy points? Seems foolish to just let them expire.

I work for a high rating so I'm constantly upgrading 5 stars and don't have double the gold and iso just to re rank a champ for one level up event that I already had done with a new champ.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I used the 4* rank down on my r5 4* Hypy to get the Cata's to r4 my 5* Hypy.
    I used the 5* rank down on my r2 5* Rhino, simply because I could use the T4b elsewhere and he was simply arena fodder.
    The 3* wasn't used because... it's a 3* rank down. What's the point?