**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

“The Original 12 Champs Theory” (spoiler alert for Sentry event story)

Does anyone think the 12 Original Champs discussed during the monthly event story from the collector and Moon Knight could be the first 12 6*?

If this theory is correct, and please correct me if I’m wrong cause I did breeze through a few of them from habit:

Sentry
Hyperion
Thor
Scarlet Witch
Void (assuming cause of Sentry)

Anyone catch any others?

Comments

• Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I think the Collector said only 3 survived (and then he wiped their memories). So, it doesn't seem likely.

But sign me up for a 6* Switch or Hyp or Thor. Especially if they're awoken.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I thought that as well but noticed a problem with that theory... 12 Champs would be two from each class right? Well Gamora and Venom are both on the picture next to the 6* Crystal and Hyperion and Thor are two of the first 12 champs so that would be 4 Cosmic champs. And I’ll be slap me in the face with a buster sword if Kabam is going to give us 6* Thor SW and Hype along with a very high chance at Sentry which would stop people from buying crystals with a chance at him
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    The Hyp one bothered me. How many EQs has he been a boss on since he was released one year ago? It has to be close to half of them. Also Switch and Thor were very early champs so I liked where they were going with it, but then Hyp?

One of these things is not like the others...
  • Options
    Vinh225Vinh225 Posts: 164
    I don't think it has anything to do with the base pool of the 6-star champs.
    Personally, I think the OG 12 is just a setup for the rest of the champions which we'll see this year (the ones that supposedly didn't survive)
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »
    I thought that as well but noticed a problem with that theory... 12 Champs would be two from each class right? Well Gamora and Venom are both on the picture next to the 6* Crystal and Hyperion and Thor are two of the first 12 champs so that would be 4 Cosmic champs. And I’ll be slap me in the face with a buster sword if Kabam is going to give us 6* Thor SW and Hype along with a very high chance at Sentry which would stop people from buying crystals with a chance at him

That picture is just a placeholder.
  • Options
    Also, iirc they confirmed in their og post that first batch will have 24 6* champs.
  • Options
    MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    edited January 2018
    What I wanna know is how the collector
    escaped the crystal in which he was imprisoned by the grandmaster...
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    I thought it was a reference to the godtier champs preV12.0: DS, SW, Thor.

I also think they’ll never release SW as a 6*. She still kicks ass as a 4*. As a 6* she would dominate the contest again.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★

I also think they’ll never release SW as a 6*. She still kicks ass as a 4*. As a 6* she would dominate the contest again.

Totally agree. It is a throwback to the screwup pre v12.0.

Quite smart (and a little shameless for rubbing salt) of Kabam to make the most out of a terrible backlash history of the game.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    edited January 2018

Isn't it obvious? The Kabam hamster that is powering both the servers as well as the nexus primodial holding energy had decided to stopped working.

He will be back into the crystal after the next emergency maintenance.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★

Isn't it obvious? The Kabam hamster that is powering both the servers as well as the nexus primodial holding energy had decided to stopped working.

He will be back into the crystal after the next emergency maintenance.

Get it right people. His name is Kabamster. Jeez
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

Totally agree. It is a throwback to the screwup pre v12.0.

Quite smart (and a little shameless for rubbing salt) of Kabam to make the most out of a terrible backlash history of the game.

They wouldn’t necessarily have to make Switch the same as a 6* though. They could adjust some mechanics and make that clear to us, same could be done for Wolvie, Thor, etc...likely won’t happen, but that’s what I would do if I were them to make the most popular characters available.