**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sentry isn't good. Stop saying he is.

Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
Newsarama ranked The Sentry as the third worst Avengers member.

"The Sentry is the worst of the worst, and what's baffling is that there are still two characters that are even lamer.
Everything about the Sentry is terrible, from his origin as a "secret lost character," to his eventual descent into madness at the hands of Norman Osborn, and every "lost secret" in between. If Sentry had disappeared after his initial miniseries, no one would probably care at all. Instead, he forced his way into the lineup of the New Avengers, staying with the team until his death at the end of Siege.

Possessing the power of "a thousand exploding suns," the Sentry is a schizophrenic powerhouse who somehow managed to make that combination of words actually mean a whiny, self-possessed MacGuffin character whose personal lameness is only outweighed by the lameness of the conceits that are required for his existence to make any sense. The Sentry is one of the worst wastes of potential, story time, and printed ink since Tony Stark was replaced by his alternate teenage self. His only sort-of redemption has come in death, as one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse twins. Even so, that's only because we got to watch Thor kick his ass one last time."

I think Kabam got this champion right! Kudos to them.

Comments

• Options
    Everyone has characters the like and characters they don't but just because you don't like him doesn't change the fact that he is one of the most powerful characters and kabam did not do him just at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Everyone has characters the like and characters they don't but just because you don't like him doesn't change the fact that he is one of the most powerful characters and kabam did not do him just at all.

Everyone has characters they like and characters they don't. Just because you like him doesn't mean he isn't the most worthless superhero since Matter-Eater Lad. Kabam actually gave him more justice than he deserves.

Not every new champion needs to be God tier.
  • Options
    I agree but they should base the characters off of their powers which would make sentry God tier.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Not many are saying he was a great marvel character just that he was powerful. Pretty much everyone is saying the in game champ sucks.
  • Options
    Oh, and I never said I liked or disliked the character. Unlike you I'm basing how terrible kabam made him totally off his powers.
  • Options
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Not many are saying he was a great marvel character just that he was powerful. Pretty much everyone is saying the in game champ sucks.

So basically you're saying Kabam got it right by making him not great. Got it thanks for the back up.
  • Options
    Oh, and I never said I liked or disliked the character. Unlike you I'm basing how terrible kabam made him totally off his powers.

So basically if I am not bashing Kabam, I am wrong?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Everyone has characters they like and characters they don't. Just because you like him doesn't mean he isn't the most worthless superhero since Matter-Eater Lad. Kabam actually gave him more justice than he deserves.

Had to take a moment and Google that one. What on Earth were they thinking? I'm pretty sure he's my roommate. Guy eats everything.
  • Options

Had to take a moment and Google that one. What on Earth were they thinking? I'm pretty sure he's my roommate. Guy eats everything.

Haha. So your living with a superhero? Awesome!
  • Options

Haha. So your living with a superhero? Awesome!

Don't tell him. I'll never hear the end of it.
  • Options
    No kabam did not get him right and no your not wrong if your not bashing kabam but you are wrong about them getting sentry right. Show me evidence other than your opinion that he isn't one of the most powerful characters on the marvel universe.
  • Options
    Lol..not exactly my point. Medusa and Quake weren't exactly great marvel characters either..pretty powerful in game...did they get them wrong? Maybe popular is a better word.
    If he does less damage over time than Colossus something is wrong.
    I do agree he wasn't a very popular character though didn't keep him from being strong.
  • Options
    What I can't get over is the reaction. Are we going to go through it everytime a Champ is released that isn't "God Tier", or is it because people feel entitled to a Science God Tier since we haven't had Science in a while? If we've been playing long enough, we should know that there's a range of Champs, and they're not all LOL material. It feels like hostile takeover. Lol. Someone makes a YouTube Video, and it's Sentrygate.
  • Options
    It's mainly the reaction because of how powerful he should be and how weak kabam made him
  • Options
    What I can't get over is the reaction. Are we going to go through it everytime a Champ is released that isn't "God Tier", or is it because people feel entitled to a Science God Tier since we haven't had Science in a while? If we've been playing long enough, we should know that there's a range of Champs, and they're not all LOL material. It feels like hostile takeover. Lol. Someone makes a YouTube Video, and it's Sentrygate.

I feel like we will. Everyone expects each new champion to be the best end game champion ever. And that's just feasible.
  • Options
    The problem is we have a game full of Champs that are "powerful", but a whole system to balance them all in. Which doesn't mean balance as in making them all as equally powerful and useful in all areas. That won't likely happen in a game like this.
  • Options
    I don't expect that at all. I do expect them to make champs based off their powers which means blade and SE spider-man shouldn't be God tier and sentry should be more powerful than he is.
  • Options
    Sentry is just meh...he has no redeeming value. What he's supposed to excel at he doesn't. He only had one strength and it's very week. He's not good for anything other than arena.
  • Options
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Sentry is just meh...he has no redeeming value. What he's supposed to excel at he doesn't. He only had one strength and it's very week. He's not good for anything other than arena.

My point exactly. He should be more powerful based on his powers.
  • Options

I feel like we will. Everyone expects each new champion to be the best end game champion ever. And that's just feasible.

Not at all actually. Lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm just sharing my thoughts but I still respect everyone's right to their thoughts and feelings. It's just that it really makes me feel concerned is all. They're not all Top Tier. That's just how the game is. Imagine being the Dev Team. You work for months and release something, and it gets thrown back as "s&%*". I predicted as much either way because the anxiousness for a Science Champ was mounting so much, I knew the reaction would be critical no matter what they released.