**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Haven't seen anyone use Dr. Strange - how's that feedback looking?

axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
We were told that kabam would look at stats on Dr. Strange post-neutering but I haven't heard anything. I haven't seen a single person use him in AW or AQ attack in a long time. Was this the desired result of the Dr. Strange nerf?

Trying to understand the purpose of taking a great champ, not OP like Thor or SW, and making him one of the most useless champs in the whole game.

Comments

• TempestTempest Posts: 295
    RIP DS, Carnage, Sentry...
    #buffDS
    #buffCarnage
    #buffSentry
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I think the top champ most nerfed by 12.0 was BW. She freaking sucks now. She barely bypasses anything and hits at best average. She's a disappointment. DS is decent, but he definitely lost his appeal since 12.0 hence no one uses him as a main attacker anymore.
  • The only utility to DS is nullify but that has pretty limited usefulness. His damage is bad, his heal is low, and his different cycles don't really add that much and having constant buff cycling can be a problem in a lot of endgame content (buffet nodes, MD, etc) He doesn't really have a place in the game currently.

I wouldn't mind the nerf on his heal if he had something in return like power control, or shrugging off debuffs, or something. For a character whose power level is so core to the game's story and to the marvel universe generally it's pretty disappointing to see him in his current state.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Ghost rider is dr stranges replacement. When they want a new face to replace an old one at least that is how I see it.
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Kabam strategy is instead of giving a buff to the old champs - they will include them in the synergy teams of the new champs and that’s all.

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Dr. Strange is another let's hope they forget about him type of deal. For the most part we have since he's not available as a 5*. Pure Skill and Iron Fist are other things we are supposed to forget about. Sentry will probably be added to the list of things that get ignored or get threads closed down.
  • AnimatronicstoAnimatronicsto Posts: 194
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    We were told that kabam would look at stats on Dr. Strange post-neutering but I haven't heard anything. I haven't seen a single person use him in AW or AQ attack in a long time. Was this the desired result of the Dr. Strange nerf?

Trying to understand the purpose of taking a great champ, not OP like Thor or SW, and making him one of the most useless champs in the whole game.

It’s been like this for months now. “We will look into the issue. Thank you for your patience”. They don’t want an d champ who almost everyone has to be great. Then people won’t spend on featured GMC and other offers for their new champs
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    They put him in the garbage bin along with many others, when 12.0 happened they completely wrecked him and even though slightly improved him afterwards he's still a shell of his former self sadly.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    If they just gave him power gain equivalent to a basic champ i.e. builds on hits, he would be so much better. He was my second r5 (appropriately now ranked down) and now I won't even use him in arena.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Still waiting for Kabam to honor the promise made that Strange would still be a "top champ" post nerf, just "closer to the pack." Would love to see a mod comment on whether they think this promise was honored. @Kabam Miike
  • I down ranked my DS to 4/40 after the 12.0 nerf, then finished him off this go round. Arena fodder now.