**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Void nerf before release?

wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
I played uncollected difficulty on day one of release. Noticed this insane signature ability which gives him 7300 attack rating when he stacks all his debuffs.

swbxjxc2q0lp.jpg

Then, I did a run today and noticed it's decreased to 4400. Still insane attack boost.

0nhvr5l6wfsp.jpg

Just curious why it changed? No one complained. He can't even stack that many debuffs without killing you from direct damage.

So, what happened here?

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Are you sure the second one is Uncollected?
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★

Yeah. I just did it tonight. I recorded everything. I'm not stupid
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    wookeh wrote: »

Alright didn't mean anything rude by it just making sure you didn't make a mistake. This is kinda wierd.

Alright didn't mean anything rude by it just making sure you didn't make a mistake. This is kinda wierd.

Check it out yourself. Then look at youtubers day one videos. You'll see that it was cut by about 45%
    zero7 wrote: »
    it doesn’t bother me that it was reduced, it bothers me that it was reduced without kabam saying anything about it.

They dropped ice phoenix due to complaints. But this on void is an offensive thing we will never see active in defense. It seemed overpowered before. Still is. But kabam just pulled the numbers in half and figured no one would notice I guess
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    Isn't it a little early for a Nerf Post? He's not even out yet.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Hopefully they are giving some of his attack to Sentry.

I know you pulled sentry early. Watched your videos. I'm assuming void will buff him like crazy. So don't give up hope yet.

Did you read the post? How could it be early for a nerf post if they nerfed him? Not saying that they did but your comment makes no sense.

First of all, we don't know what changed, if anything, or the reasons. Secondly, if a Champ isn't even released as playable, its not a nerf. Not in the traditional sense. They adjusted last month's Quest. I don't consider adjustments to content as nerfs. All of this is speculation because we don't know of anything was changed. Perhaps we should get more information before spreading panic over nerfs.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    You really hate science don't you kabam. Void was going to be the one god tier science but no you just had it do it
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    If it was a case like ice phoenix they would have just reduced the sig level why nerf the values?
    No, we don't know what changed. We haven't had an official comment. We don't know if it was adjusted based on feedback of the difficulty, or just a visual error. We don't know.
    Lol. I read it. What I said is we don't know what that means. It could be a visual error or anything, really. Until we hear from someone who knows, we don't know.
    Snizzbar wrote: »

Did you read the post? How could it be early for a nerf post if they nerfed him? Not saying that they did but your comment makes no sense.

First of all, we don't know what changed, if anything, or the reasons. Secondly, if a Champ isn't even released as playable, its not a nerf. Not in the traditional sense. They adjusted last month's Quest. I don't consider adjustments to content as nerfs. All of this is speculation because we don't know of anything was changed. Perhaps we should get more information before spreading panic over nerfs.

First of all, there is no accepted use of the word 'nerf' in a traditional sense other than the adjustments made to a character to weaken them. I have no idea where you came up with this nonsense that a character has to be playable for it to be considered a nerf.
    Secondly, no-one gives a toss what you consider to be a nerf. You arent a mod, you don't develop for Kabam, you aren't a content creator on YouTube or any other form of social media.
    Lastly, Void's passive ability was lowered in strength. We know EXACTLY what was changed, so in this case, on this particular thread, you are wrong.

Never said I was a Mod. The comment was made that they nerfed Void before release. That's exactly what I was addressing. A statement that is not founded on anything but a screenshot, and nothing official. Whether you call it a nerf or not, no one knows what changed, or if anything. You're right. I don't consider changes to Champs before release actual nerfs. That's not the main point I'm making, and it's semantics. What my main point is, is that we should actually wait for a response before jumping to conclusions.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    He was definitely harder day one. I think the debuffs were killing me super fast (No suicides). That could be why it changed, to make it more player friendly. It's not like they were gonna hand us that kind of awesomeness lol

No, no, a thousand times no. @DNA3000 debunked the idea that a champ has to be released in order to be nerfed in a thread in which you participated. The devs said that they nerfed Carnage prior to his release. The distinction you are making isn't meaningful. And even if it were, who cares? He was at least released into the game even if he isn't yet playable so if he was nerfed it's worth discussing and the fact that he isn't playable isn't relevant. The adjustment to last month's quest isn't analogous. That was an adjustment to the node, not to the champ.

You're still focusing on the word nerf and not what my point was. I'm not starting a debate on the word nerf. We've gone there. I have my own interpretation and that is not necessary to debate. What you're avoiding is the point that we don't know what was changed, if anything at all. You can defocus on the wording if you want, but I'm not taking the Thread off-topic, so that's a trip you'll make alone.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    People complaining that a champ that hasn't been released yet has been nerfed is awesome - some people are so dumb it's kinda sad
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

No, no, a thousand times no. @DNA3000 debunked the idea that a champ has to be released in order to be nerfed in a thread in which you participated. The devs said that they nerfed Carnage prior to his release. The distinction you are making isn't meaningful. And even if it were, who cares? He was at least released into the game even if he isn't yet playable so if he was nerfed it's worth discussing and the fact that he isn't playable isn't relevant. The adjustment to last month's quest isn't analogous. That was an adjustment to the node, not to the champ.

You're still focusing on the word nerf and not what my point was. I'm not starting a debate on the word nerf. We've gone there. I have my own interpretation and that is not necessary to debate. What you're avoiding is the point that we don't know what was changed, if anything at all. You can defocus on the wording if you want, but I'm not taking the Thread off-topic, so that's a trip you'll make alone.

There are screenshots proving his nerf. You can't possibly be that stupid. We do know what was changed. It's in the screenshots of the champ. You are sucking the kabam milk maker so hard that you can't even read.

Dude you're saying that a champ who hasn't been released yet was nerfed and you're calling someone else stupid? look in the mirror first
This discussion has been closed.