**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Any tips on fighting Kingpin?

Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
Can y'all help me out please? I really cannot find a way to fight this dude. He shrugs off everything and he hits like a truck. Is there a easy way to fight him? I know bait the special 1 and repeat but this dude always gets the best of me. Any tips? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Quake or Iceman.
  • Options
    KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    if you cant intercept him , fight him like stun immune champs
    bait heavy attacks all the time ...
  • Options
    Archangel... Nothing else needs to be said
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Push him nearly to his first so like get his first bar and about 90 perfent of his second bar then keep baiting his first and swipe in right after and do the same. Get some hits on him while he is blocking as well to raise his bar a little as well, parry is risky so you could hold block and bait his heavy as well. I am not the best at intercepts but what I do is if he has no specials go back to the left of the screen and if he is at the end of his let your champ walk forward a little then swipe towards him which is also kinda risky. What else you can do is if he is in the corner and blocking hit him 2 or 3 times swipe back and back in fast and do another 2 or 3 hits and repeat until he he drops his block and you will be hitting him. I like using ghost rider because his regen helps so much because of the block damage I take.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    1 - Ideally, use a mutant who doesn't evade or cause debuffs, and avoid parrying him:

Rogue and Colossus match up to him well.
    Nightcrawler actually does surprisingly well in swashbuckling mode.
    Archangel needs to be awakened, to reduce KP's ability accuracy. And his debuffs will build KP's rage until you finally get a neurotoxin charge or two.

2 - Bring a heavy hitter who can affect ability accuracy, like Crossbones.

3 - Alternately, power control can be your friend - Vision, Civil Warrior, doctor octopus, magik, and so forth.

4 - Another good option is Juggernaut - he can outmatch KP's unstoppable; and Stagger him to prevent him getting his Overpower buff; giving you a bit of freedom to parry KP more.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    continually bait sp1 and counter attack
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Thanks everyone for the tips. I've been having a easier time with him now.