**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Questions Regarding 5* Shards

Hey all. So, so far I've opened four 5* Basic Crystals. I opened my fourth yesterday, so I am currently sitting at just 100 5* shards. To be completely honest, 5* Shards are pretty difficult to come by for me, so it takes me while to save up 10k 5* Shards. The questions I have for you, are "how long does it take you to save up enough shards for a 5* Crystal?" and "what sources do you get your 5* Shards from?" (i.e. how many come from Quests, Arena, Wars, etc.). Please try to be as accurate as possible. Thanks in advance!

Captain

P.S. Here's a picture of my pulls so far. I've had pretty good luck with my 5*'s so I can't really complain. Just going to be a long time before I dupe any of them.

sz79gm29sk85.png

Comments

• Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    The main source of 5 star shards is 4-star crystals.
    Other things you can do is getting those shards in arenas, calendars, special quests and Summoner advancement. Also Alliance Wars, depending on your tier.

But the main source of shards is duping 4 stars. Plain and simple. I am going to assume you are also not "uncollected", but when you are, you get bigger rewards from some crystals, and you have the grandmaster crystal and grandmaster featured crystals that may give you 5 star champions. I got like... 3 from the checkmate crystal on its first run, but i also got plenty of 4 and 3 stars. At least they are not 2 stars. But you know crystals are usually not that good, so your main focus is duping 4 stars.

Dork Lessons usually explains where to go for 5 star shards, he did a video last year where he detailed the source of his shards, and the biggest chunk was crystals.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Other things you can do is getting those shards in arenas, calendars, special quests and Summoner advancement. Also Alliance Wars, depending on your tier.

But the main source of shards is duping 4 stars. Plain and simple. I am going to assume you are also not "uncollected", but when you are, you get bigger rewards from some crystals, and you have the grandmaster crystal and grandmaster featured crystals that may give you 5 star champions. I got like... 3 from the checkmate crystal on its first run, but i also got plenty of 4 and 3 stars. At least they are not 2 stars. But you know crystals are usually not that good, so your main focus is duping 4 stars.

Dork Lessons usually explains where to go for 5 star shards, he did a video last year where he detailed the source of his shards, and the biggest chunk was crystals.
    Also remeber ther. Oppen like 20 at the time. So. Like me Who opp 1 to 3 at the time fells longers.
  • Options
    Captain_2goodCaptain_2good Posts: 145

I have a pretty small 4* Roster (Only 16 at the moment), so my chances of duping someone are slim. I won't lie, I have more before, big I've broken the golden rule in the past so chances are that will slow me down in the long run. The champs I sold were Kamala Khan, Luke Cage, War Machine, Groot, and Juggy, all duped, and for obvious reasons, mainly because the frustration kicked in a little bit and I didn't even want to see that many trash tier champs in my inventory. For whatever reason I have no problem duping **** champions multiple times, sometimes back to back, but I can't dupe my Four Star Voodoo or SW for the life of me. Anyways, thank you for the response. I'll make sure I check out that video.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    LOL if this kid would of goten bad 5* he would complain how everything is so hard to get them and why his luck sucks.

ur roster is small because u havent even been playing to long.

i remember when game came out my first 4* was 100% act 3, all with 3* and i was well above the lv 30+ account,

you havent even touched the surface of how long us veterans have been playing, every month theres this thing called monthly quest,arena war,summoner advancement,arenas,duping alot of champs, and playing the game for a very long time and that in time u collection will grow.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    LOL if this kid would of goten bad 5* he would complain how everything is so hard to get them and why his luck sucks.

i remember when game came out my first 4* was 100% act 3, all with 3* and i was well above the lv 30+ account,

you havent even touched the surface of how long us veterans have been playing, every month theres this thing called monthly quest,arena war,summoner advancement,arenas,duping alot of champs, and playing the game for a very long time and that in time u collection will grow.

Dude, he wasn't complaining whatsoever and you have reason to say he would complain if he didn't have better pulls...no need to be rude.

• Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Yeah im a veteran too and it seems he just wanted to show where he is currently and how other players play the game.
    But anyway ill say it simple, because of the uncollected difficulty I can save nearly 15k in a month now but if it gets too hard then it would be around 10k. My roster for questing, aw, and aw is sorted and works fine which means I can save and be smart when to spend what I get. I do not play arena anymore I donate what I get. I rank up when needed which is rarely. Wars, SA, aq, and event quests are really my main sources of shards and resources.
  • Options

Please make sure you read my initial post thoroughly and clearly next time before you respond, as you did not answer a single question that I asked, nor did you give any helpful advice. Also, nowhere in this discussion was I complaining about my luck whatsoever. Just a reminder for next time, please think before you type and keep it constructive!

Captain
  • Options
    Yeah im a veteran too and it seems he just wanted to show where he is currently and how other players play the game.
    But anyway ill say it simple, because of the uncollected difficulty I can save nearly 15k in a month now but if it gets too hard then it would be around 10k. My roster for questing, aw, and aw is sorted and works fine which means I can save and be smart when to spend what I get. I do not play arena anymore I donate what I get. I rank up when needed which is rarely. Wars, SA, aq, and event quests are really my main sources of shards and resources.

I haven't actually sorted out my Questing/AQ/AW yet, but I'll make sure I do that. I'm currently prepping for starting Act 5 by exploring Act 4 for the Exploration Rewards. I don't participate in Arena either, as I haven't really leveled up my 2*'s or 3*'s, plus I don't have that kind of time anyways. Questing, AQ, and AW are enough for me as well. Anyways, I appreciate your response!

Captain
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited January 2018

Please make sure you read my initial post thoroughly and clearly next time before you respond, as you did not answer a single question that I asked, nor did you give any helpful advice. Also, nowhere in this discussion was I complaining about my luck whatsoever. Just a reminder for next time, please think before you type and keep it constructive!

Captain

play the game theres your answer, it all depends how hard u grind. They literally gave away 5* shards last month.
    grind more=get more crystals shards=more crystals=more champions=more shards
  • Options
    KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    You are very lucky with your 5 stars pulls by the way