**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should 5 star roster depend on luck?

beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
It seems to me like all the rage about the new featured crystal is mostly based on the fact that we do not have much control over which champions we can get.

For 3 and 4 star champions we can get them in arenas. It seems to me like it's time for the 5 star arena. With the eventual "basic" rerun if possible.

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The issue with 5* champs is that Kabam treats their release exactly like 4* champs. However, the game play and the players don't.

When a new player starts the game, they will latch on to just about any 4* champ they can get and will build their team around them (I thought I was awesome for pulling a 4* Colossus within the first week from a PHC). As time progresses, they build a team of 3/30 champs and gradually replace their teams with better 4* champs as they get pulled. Ranking them up isn't particularly difficult or expensive, so mistakes can be easily forgiven. Eventually, they're running 4/40 champs and then a few 5/50's made up of some of the top 4* champs in the game.

Now they start pulling 5* champs. However, because they've already built a solid team of maxed 4* champs and the expense of upgrading 5* being so high, most random 5* champs are meaningless. Why would I drop the gold/iso/catalysts on a 5* Cyclops when I'm running a full team of maxed 4* god-tier champs? The only champs that are ultimately ranked up are those that either fill a need (power control, immunities, etc), provide a helpful synergy, or give prestige, and when you're running a stack of 5/50 champs the pool of helpful 5* champs is very small...

So we end up with a dozen 5* champs after a year and you might have 2 or 3 that might actually be helpful.
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    I have been asking for these arenas for months, and they don't even answer why there aren't

I need to be able to choose the champs i want in my roster
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    strongly agreed!