**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Asking for clarification of blade nerfing

Hi there, I read a lot of threads in reddit about the possible nerfing of blade (maybe and other champs). I know it’s just speculation right now, but I really would like to know whether this is true, or it’s under consideration.

I think it’s fair enough for us, the players, to know in advance whether a much desired champ would be nerfed, at least in the near future. Since I have been saving 5* shards for the blade featured, I am eager to know if he would be untouched. Or if he’s nerfed, in what way. 5* featured isn’t like 4* since it costs 5k more shards to open a featured one. This introduces opportunity cost that won’t be covered by just rank down tickets and some shards, because I could’ve pulled other solid champs if blade is nerfed too much. And with blade the last round of old featured system, the odds of pulling better champs in the future is highly limited.

In short, I am not trying to complain or something, just want to know whether there’s gonna be another round of champ nerfing. Really appreciate it if the mod can clarify this for me.

Comments

• TempestTempest Posts: 295
    If they nerf blade, you can bet me and a lot of other higher tier players are quitting for good.. lol... will be great, finally they will force me to quit, I thought I never would, but this will do it!!
  • DevilwingDevilwing Posts: 24
    Tempest wrote: »
    If they nerf blade, you can bet me and a lot of other higher tier players are quitting for good.. lol... will be great, finally they will force me to quit, I thought I never would, but this will do it!!
    Yes the nerfing per se (if true) is bad enough. Combined with the new featured system it just makes me desperate.
  • Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    Blade is only a god in AWO because of the common an known defenders thatll be chosen to counter the mystic/villian dominant defense. Kabam just needs to make some of the heros better defensively. Blade has his counters for sure and theres more that he doesnt do amazing against than there is he does great at. Its just the current state of defenders chosen happen to be what he counters. Best and optimal solution is buff the heros in my opinion make some of them viable defenders. Not just a “meh he’ll do on defense i guess” kinda buff but somethin on par with the dormammus an other mystics u frequently see. Til then if he really bothers u seein him on AWO just place alot of NCs and Classic Spidey both of which are good defenders that blade is far from optimal for.
    linux wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »

And for those too lazy to click through, the answer is there are no current plans to nerf blade.

(I'm OK with nerfs so long as the result is overall balance, so I wouldn't mind some attempt to tone down Blade's dominance in AWO; but the game will be OK even as things are. There are other champs that can do each of the things Blade can do ... none quite as well and not all together, but it is possible to get by without him.)

Thanks man. I feel better seeing that they don’t have plan nerfing him at the moment. Blade is good against those mystic defenders, which I found most challenging in AW. If they nerf limbo and dorm’s degen then it would be more doable without blade.
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    In the days before update 12.0 there was a god tier of heroes (SW, DS, Thor, BW and SL). SW and DS were so powerful Kabam had difficulty creating content that a 3 star version of either couldn't defeat, and a four star version couldn't easily beat. It was so horrendously imbalanced that a nerf had to be done.

There are many very powerful champions now (Blade, GP, Voodoo, etc.) but none of them are so good that a 3 star version will be used to beat 5 star versions of NC.. When that happens, expect a nerf.

Truthfully, Kabam loves introducing OP champs so people will start working and spending to acquire them. Trouble is, if they are too OP eventually everyone only uses them to clear content
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    Drewbe14 wrote: »
    Blade is only a god in AWO because of the common an known defenders thatll be chosen to counter the mystic/villian dominant defense. Kabam just needs to make some of the heros better defensively. Blade has his counters for sure and theres more that he doesnt do amazing against than there is he does great at. Its just the current state of defenders chosen happen to be what he counters. Best and optimal solution is buff the heros in my opinion make some of them viable defenders. Not just a “meh he’ll do on defense i guess” kinda buff but somethin on par with the dormammus an other mystics u frequently see. Til then if he really bothers u seein him on AWO just place alot of NCs and Classic Spidey both of which are good defenders that blade is far from optimal for.

Lagacy did a path in Labyrinth with 5/65 he steam rolled it mostly with Blade so not just AWO is he powerful.
    In the days before update 12.0 there was a god tier of heroes (SW, DS, Thor, BW and SL). SW and DS were so powerful Kabam had difficulty creating content that a 3 star version of either couldn't defeat, and a four star version couldn't easily beat. It was so horrendously imbalanced that a nerf had to be done.

There are many very powerful champions now (Blade, GP, Voodoo, etc.) but none of them are so good that a 3 star version will be used to beat 5 star versions of NC.. When that happens, expect a nerf.

Truthfully, Kabam loves introducing OP champs so people will start working and spending to acquire them. Trouble is, if they are too OP eventually everyone only uses them to clear content

Yeah I agree blade isn’t like what SW used to be. He’s good against dimensional being and some villains, but not like fool proof in use. Our alliance in AW met some rivals with many blades but we managed to arrange our defense to minimize his ability and got them koed efficiently