**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Boss Rush: Underdogs Unleashed

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Nice one this time not Thah much BS
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    And was not much of a problem even with all of that? Annoying to fight, but that's it. He has relatively low attack, and the Bane is there as a way AROUND Thorns if used right. Slow, though. I just beat him down straight up.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Pretty fun challenge just to kick the least desired champs right in the n*ts xD
    Nodes were easy, bane & thorns wasn’t too bad. Rewards reflect the difficulty, looking forward to the next challenge (in a month or 2......please don’t do this too often, let’s keep it rare & special).
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Brought 2 starlords for the magneto. No revives needed worth it for the 5 star shards.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Was this supposed to be difficult?
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    That's what you get for underestimating his power, and siding with that fool, McCoy! He strikes you even from beyond defeat! =P
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 363 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    hkxwi3oc1swg.pngf0oyn463uadu.png

Nice and fast, only one which cause a bit of difficulty was mags.

But love the rewards definitely matched the difficulty.
  • JaburahJaburah Posts: 19
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    29oisoz6sveh.jpg sigh..

You're not alone, m8. Got him too.

sigh (2)...
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Bahamut wrote: »
    I just watched Seatin stream it and that Magneto fight just looks stupid. It’s a giant middle finger to everyone who thought that they could do this without spending as much money as possible. He’s got Thorns Bane and Stun Immune

doable with no units/items needed!
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Well that was a fun 10 minutes of work. Thanks for the free rewards!

Might I suggest a regular and uncollected boss rush challenge next time? Perhaps a bit more difficult.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for this Kabam - should be fun!

And for those complaining about the 'underdogs' having nodes, and they should be 'raw' or unbuffed like our champions: (1) actually the nodes aren't too bad, and (2) our champions are all buffed. That's what Masteries are - universal buffs to all our champions. We can hardly complain about giving She-Hulk a 'Parry' node!

Next underdog challenge - unbuffed champs, but need to go in with 2* champs, like the week-long arena?
  • i finished it in less than 20 minutes. A true testament to just how garbage level these champs really are. The entire iron man group (iron man, superior iron man, iron patriot, ete) needs a massive overhaul, she-hulk and kamala khan are absolutely useless no matter what buffs you place them on, mags was only a little difficult because of thorns plus bane, falcon is just purely garbage. ..how is that for feedback?
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    Best champ for Magneto is who?
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    This one was faster than the first one. 7 mins flat. Hope this is a wake up call to actually buff Magneto. He is, after all, one of the strongest mutant’s in existence...

903qn97auqae.png

Well, that was insanely fast.

So are you going to buff these " underdogs" ?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Anyone still complaining about the rewards for this needs to have a think about how difficult it actually is
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Completed it in 12 minutes flat. Can't complain about the rewards - sure I'd love to see more 5* shards but proportionately for the time put it well worth it.

Surprise sneaky champ for this that I threw in just because was Ronan. Tore up Iron Patriot and prevented his regen and then destroyed Kamala after getting her to stack a few furies.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    heh this was in fact Campy B movie kind of fun with easy rewards.... Thanks Kabam!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    By the way, maybe this old post had nothing to do with our current boss challenge; but then again - look at the title...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16797/worst-vs-worst-arena#latest
  • I have several maxed out 4* and a few level 3 5* and I got decimated by the first boss. Pretty sure I still don't know what I am doing in the game.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Tiago1980 wrote: »
    We really expect this poll to indicate that these 6 champions are the first to be improved after Red Hulk and Luke Cage.

I don't expect that.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Bahamut wrote: »
    I just watched Seatin stream it and that Magneto fight just looks stupid. It’s a giant middle finger to everyone who thought that they could do this without spending as much money as possible. He’s got Thorns Bane and Stun Immune

I don't see how you can judge the difficulty of the boss rush from Seatin's strream: by his own admission he wasn't trying to use remotely appropriate champs, he was trying to out-meme the challenge. Thorns is a ridiculous node to throw random champs at, and he still beat the thing.

Bane was a scary node when it first came out, but as you get used to it you can make it work for you instead of against you. And stun immune is only really scary when fighting evade-capable champions. I'm the dedicated immunity path runner in my BG on Map 5, and if I can deal with stun immunity its not a scary node for skilled players.
  • Magneto pissed memoff so much with the curse bs I ended up breaking my phone and my wrist guess I won’t play this game ever again rip
  • @Kabam Miike Gwenpool vs She-Hulk
    I used Gwenpools SP3 and then 184K with 1 hit