**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Events that update every eight hours: oddly unfair

13»

Comments

• OPIEOPIE Posts: 33
    Whats unfair us that it's been over 24 hours since the black panther infinite challenge emergency maintenance debacle and there's been no info on compensation. All threads regarding it have also been closed.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Boboman wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    They should just give us two chances per difficulty daily.
    It would just be like the trial of the king except with two chances daily. This would help a lot of people and they wouldnt lose sleep

Err...

Are you frustrated?

No, I'm a little confused because the poster said we should just have two entries instead of three, but that's how MODOKs actually works this month already.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    For the 4 PM shift, I would play at 5 PM. Problem solved. No need to change my driving schedule.
    For the 12 AM shift, I would play at 6 AM. Problem solved. No need to miss any sleep.
    For the 8 AM shift, I would play at 12 PM (noon). Problem solved. No need to change my driving schedule.

To do this you would have to be awake at 5PM, 6 AM, and 12PM. If you are awake at all those times, there's no problem in the first place. That means your sleep/wake schedule doesn't align with the event intervals.

Typically, I would go to sleep at 11:30PM and wake up at about 7:30AM. That meant the margin for error was very low, but it was still possible to run the event: I could run the 12AM cycle at 7:30AM, the moment I woke up. The problem was that if I started any later, say 7:45AM, I ran the risk of losing the rewards because the way the event was structured if you didn't *finish* the entire thing before 8AM when the cycle reset occurred you'd simply get kicked out and lose all rewards.

It isn't impossible to manage, but it is also completely unnecessary to subject anyone to that. And as I said previously, the current MODOK's event incorporates one of the recommended fixes for the problem, switching to 12 hour cycles.