**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RTTL Help

So I've just started Chapters 3 & 4 of RTTL, and the Safeguard node is killing me. Any advice on how to survive without having to waste my finite resources (potions/revives)?

Also, is all of Chp. 3&4 safeguarded?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I am going through Ch 3 and yes it is difficult. You basically need bleed , incinerate champs to go through them. Also power control would be useful in some fights.

What champs do you have?

EDIT - Don't use resources. just restart the quest. It uses less energy and It's not going away, so take your time.
  • Options
    PandamanTanPandamanTan Posts: 120
    I am going through Ch 3 and yes it is difficult. You basically need bleed , incinerate champs to go through them. Also power control would be useful in some fights.

What champs do you have?

EDIT - Don't use resources. just restart the quest. It uses less energy and there forever to complete.

I have been using 4* Symbiote Spiderman, 4* Falcon, 4* X-23 duped, 5* Iron Fist, and 5* Mordo. X-23 is the most effective, but Mordo also has Degenerating and Soul Barb.
  • Options
    I have been using 4* Symbiote Spiderman, 4* Falcon, 4* X-23 duped, 5* Iron Fist, and 5* Mordo. X-23 is the most effective, but Mordo also has Degenerating and Soul Barb.

You are missing a power control champ and those 4* are not too good either. I'd say that you should wait to get better champs and then try again, like I said this quest is not going to end.

I use 5* Archangel (Rank 2) , 5* Hyperion (Rank 2), 4* Guillotine (Rank 4), 4* Psylocke (Rank 4), 4* Ghost Rider (Rank 4). Definitely 2 bleeders are needed and a power control champ as all nodes are safeguarded and even have extra power gain on some nodes.

• Options

You are missing a power control champ and those 4* are not too good either. I'd say that you should wait to get better champs and then try again, like I said this quest is not going to end.

I use 5* Archangel (Rank 2) , 5* Hyperion (Rank 2), 4* Guillotine (Rank 4), 4* Psylocke (Rank 4), 4* Ghost Rider (Rank 4). Definitely, 2 bleeders are needed and a power control champ as all nodes are safeguarded and even have extra power gain on some nodes.

Yeah, I'm waiting to get another 5*. I guess I'll wait; Kabam seems to be giving us more 5* shards anyway, so it shouldn't be too long. I'm at 8k. I don't see myself getting any good power control champs, so I'll just have to rely on bleed. Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Besides Magik, who else is useful for power lock? Magik would be incredibly useful, except I already have two R2 5*s: IF and Mordo. I don't want a heavily Mystic based team, so could anyone tell me what other champs are good for power lock?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm waiting to get another 5*. I guess I'll wait; Kabam seems to be giving us more 5* shards anyway, so it shouldn't be too long. I'm at 8k. I don't see myself getting any good power control champs, so I'll just have to rely on bleed. Thanks for the advice!

To summarize -

1) You can do it with 4* Rank 4 champs (So, don't necessarily need 5 stars)
    2) Do not use resources, just back out and do another run.
    3) Bleeders are necessary, otherwise fights are going to be long. For long fights, power control champs make it easier since the opponent cannot proc SP3.
    4) You will have to do min 2 runs of each quest since you may suddenly encounter a node that you cannot get past. The map doesnt move so you can't see what's ahead.
    5) Read the active effects on each node, some have unblockable specials, others have power gain or enhanced stun.

Maybe someone has a summary of all nodes, it should be helpful for preparation.
  • Options
    Thanks so much, @rockykoston ! I hope I haven't wasted your time, but your advice was very helpful and much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Thanks so much, @rockykoston ! I hope I haven't wasted your time, but your advice was very helpful and much appreciated.

No problem mate @PandamanTan. You're welcome.

I am a relatively new player myself, so its good to help out when people are facing similar issues like me. I kept doing a quest in Chapter 3 every other week (and failed many times), but now I think I am ready to finish it off.
  • Options

No problem mate @PandamanTan. You're welcome.

I am a relatively new player myself, so its good to help out when people are facing similar issues like me. I kept doing a quest in Chapter 3 every other week (and failed many times), but now I think I am ready to finish it off.

Good luck man!
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    X23 is actually really good for RTTL. She stacks a ton of bleeds and regens really well which are both very helpful for those long fights. She's also one of the best options for ROL for these same reasons. Because you're limited to 1% max damage and her regen is based on power levels (up to 8.8%), don't use her specials at all. Build to full power and leave it. If you stay aggressive, she's regenerating the whole fight.

Abilities that are helpful:
    • Any that cause damage over time (bleed, poison, incinerate, coldsnap, degen). This just cuts down on the amount of hits you need. Even the Deep Wounds mastery helps a lot here.
    • Any champ that has regen. These are long fights and you will ultimately take some damage (block, parry, getting Kabammed, etc), so being able to recover some of it helps.
    • Power control. Long fights breed lots of special attacks. You do not want to face SP3's, and the other specials breed block damage (hence the regen).
    • Bleed immunity. Not necessarily required but is helpful, especially against NC who is the boss for 3 of the levels in chapter 4

The top champs for RTTL would be:
    • Scarlet Witch - power control, regen, can cause poison if hit, and she nullifies the buffs of the opponents reliably (needs to be duped and high sig level to be most effective)
    • Dr Voodoo - Power control, poison, regen
    • Blade - Bleed, regen
    • Gwenpool - Bleed, power control (via SP2)
    • Magik - Power control, Limbo (damage & regen)
    • Wolverine and/or X23 - Bleed, regen
    • Ghost Rider - Bleed, life steal
    • Guilly - Bleed, regen

Yes they are long fights, and several of which include immunities. You want champs that are ranked up enough to always cause at least 1% damage per hit, but also ranked up to maximize the amount of health you start out with. This means champs need to be 4* R4 or 5* R2 at a minimum. Ranked higher than this doesn't help with direct damage output, it only improves their other abilities like regen, damage over time, power control, and base health.
  • Options
    Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    For safeguard and spiked armour, crossbones will be the best bet that you have. Otherwise you can clear with x23. The only issue you will have is the spite node. There you will need magik or vision to drain out power. Hawkeye works too if you can use him.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    cannot past the last chapter, i suck so bad at nightcrawler that i stop trying
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    YJ biosting also ignores safeguard and can do decent damage if you bait specials
  • Options
    BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    1 word

BLEED
  • Options
    In chapter 3 if champion can be stunned - Quake does the trick with her heavy-evade-parry-repeat circle.