**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can modok parry when auto blocking?

Was fighting modok in war, on miniboss and he did something I have never seen before. He parried me from his autoblock with red force field. Is this a real thing?

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    yes

and I'll add that its only if the ai has parry. which is 99% of the community
  • SignumSignum Posts: 133
    His sig ability says he can't trigger parry from autoblock, so is there some technicality?
  • McocjgMcocjg Posts: 6
    I had this happen in the past war as well. Modok was the boss in this one -- was fighting him using AA and he autoblocked in the middle of a combo and I got stunned from a parry. Had 1 Neuro on him and 5 or 6 bleeds at the time. Read the description and it shouldn't be happening. I believe this needs to be looked at.
    I can confirm now it is happening, my second match against him it happened again. Parried me with red force field up, autoblocking.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    If it was on the 2nd or 3rd hit of your combo then it was probably a regular block, not auto-block.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit
    Wanted to tag the moderators because this has killed 2 of my guys in war, I now gotta revive to fight another modok final boss lol.
    If it was on the 2nd or 3rd hit of your combo then it was probably a regular block, not auto-block.

Red force field is regular block? I thought it was the blue one?
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    Modok bug is worst than that. He is the only champ that can parry when you hit him for the second-third time, even when it's not auto block. I'll put a video showing that after.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Yes he can parry on auto-block right now.

Red = Auto-block, which can last for 2 hits.
    Blue = Regular Block.
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    jirg5y9b5mer.png
    faqinz95vd81.gif
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Yeah if you hit him, then he starts auto blocking and you carry on hitting him; on the third or fourth hit he just parries you. It’s bs and kabam needs to change it, even it is technically allowed by his abilities
    I'm glad I'm not going nuts, what he did seemed unnatural. Like how can you possibly avoid that? Your hitting him , boom, boom, you land another attack, red shield goes up then bam! Your parried. Seems a bit crazy to me.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    They’ve mentioned it’s a bug but it hasn’t been fixed yet