**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A Question about Blade

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
I want to know, that once his 15k 5* feature has run, and he has been the GMC feature for 300 units each... will he be nerfed?

We seen something similar last year, leading upto the DS, SW nerf etc, we were offered the chance to rank up a specific class of champ, most of whom did a champ who ended up being nerfed.

So I don't want to blow my 5* shards for Blade, if you already know he is going to be nerfed or adjusted.

So just want some confirmation please.

Comments

• issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    no never
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    It's to early in the morning for Blade nerfing posts.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    He wont be nerfed. His drop rate would. Coz thats the only thing kabam can control without facing a threat of a boycott reminiscent of 12.0
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I want to know, that once his 15k 5* feature has run, and he has been the GMC feature for 300 units each... will he be nerfed?

We seen something similar last year, leading upto the DS, SW nerf etc, we were offered the chance to rank up a specific class of champ, most of whom did a champ who ended up being nerfed.

So I don't want to blow my 5* shards for Blade, if you already know he is going to be nerfed or adjusted.

After a month of daily threads on this, and consistent denials from Kabam in response, and considering your daily activity level on these forums, I can only assume this is a troll thread. What are you expecting to achieve from it?

Kabam: "Ah, you finally cracked us DarkestDestroyer, the 1,537th thread on this subject was the charm! We're nerfing him! And yes, we're telling you before the release of his crystal, to save you shards, because that's how we roll!"

Er, no.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    how many times does it take for a company to openly state that they have no plans on changing him? Open with confidence.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Probably won’t nerf him, but maybe they won’t make a 6 star version available in the future
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    I'm gonna count how many Blade posts there are today. This marks 1.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    It's to early in the morning for Blade nerfing posts.

I don't want him nerfed, I just want confirmation from Kabam that the plan isn't to nerf him in March or whatever right after his crystals go away.

There will be many refund requests if that's the case
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I think you'll have the summer to enjoy Blade before he is nerfed. Come autumn he probably gets the nerf hammer. So get him and enjoy while you can!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Are you seriously expecting an answer? Come on, you’ve been on the forum too long for this kind of thread
  • concepcion29concepcion29 Posts: 42

Another nerf Blade post? This is getting old already. Look, I have blade at 5/65 and yes while he excels at a majority of the game, he is not the BEST champion for EVERY situation in the game.

Take Act 5.4.6 for example. The final boss is an OG Ultron. Since he is a robot and cannot bleed, Blade's bleed mechanic won't work on Ultron. And since his bleed doesn't work, that also means that his increased power gain by being closer to a bleeding opponent won't work either. Which means his sp2, while it does get decent damage when it crits, won't do nearly as much damage as it could potentially do if he was also able to bleed his opponent.

And yes I know what you're thinking "But concepcion29 he still has his amazing regeneration!' and yes you're right. But so does Wolverine and Ghost Rider. So going against OG Ultron in 5.4.6 with a decent hitting champ and potentially infinite regen (because remember he doesn't have an increased power gain anymore so he gains power at the SAME rate as EVERY OTHER champion now) won't be as effective as taking a Star Lord or Stark Spidey for example. It would take much long to use Blade (with the constant dashing back, holding block, and recovering health) because his attacks don't his as hard then using let's say a SL who's damage output ramps up much higher and I'm able to take out OG Ultron much quicker.

Is that still not enough to satisfy EVERYONE'S skepticism that Blade still isn't the best champion for every situation? Okay here's another example. What about cornered nodes? You can't parry the opponent anymore because your parry causes bleeds which causes an X% increased power gain. Same goes for your specials because all your specials cause bleed. So your left playing overly cautious and slower to avoid bleeding the opponent or having to constantly bait and evade their specials.

Look my point here is, EVERY champion has situations in the game that they excel in and are just horrible choices for. If you like a champion and need them for their particular utility (i.e. triple immunity, regen, bleed, power control) then go for them. Just because the community is speculating that a certain champion will be nerfed (even though there have been countless posts by Kabam saying that they won't) doesn't mean you shouldn't try and go for them. And if I'm coming off as an ass, then that is not my intent. I am just tired of seeing nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf Blade and want to show that he is not ideal for every situation you come across. I hope this helps and good luck with your pulls should you go for him.

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    You've been around long enough to have read that kabam will change champions if they overpower the contest. They won’t do this until they have the data showing champions dominating the game and that data wont be available for quite some time so Blade is safe for now, however he’ll start to dominate the game in the future. Take it for what its worth.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    You've been around long enough to have read that kabam will change champions if they overpower the contest. They won’t do this until they have the data showing champions dominating the game and that data wont be available for quite some time so Blade is safe for now, however he’ll start to dominate the game in the future. Take it for what its worth.

Until the next Champ is introduced.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Do we really need to ask this everyday? Lol.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    What's funny is the more and more of these "I just hope they don't nerf him threads" does nothing but keep him on the radar for kabam.

Good job folks 😂😂😂
  • TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    It was then he realized, this forum can only function for 1 hour without a blade nerfing post. He smiled. For he had not Blade, and therefore had not worries.
  • We've mentioned in previous posts that we do not have any plans to make changes to Blade at this time. Since this question has been answered numerous times before, this thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.