**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Announcing Special Quests: Trials of the King

123457»

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    0/14 days in Expert here.

Still not sure whats going on with the T4CC crystals either.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Its interesting how misleading this is:

That purple Crystal is a Wakandan Ultimate Crystal! In each difficulty of any Trial, there will be a chance for you to win either a Wakandan Ultimate Crystal or a chunk of Premium Hero Crystal Shards. The amount of Premium Hero Crystal Shards and your chance of getting an Ultimate Crystal differs depending on the difficulty you play. If you play Expert, you are more likely to get an Ultimate Crystal than if you play Heroic, etc.

When I read this initially I thought it would be fairly common to get these purple crystals. After day 1 I pulled one and that made me think even more so playing Expert would have a large drop rate for these. However, apparently not as many never got one and I haven't received one since. Its fine, because its just 3* champs, but it is interesting how they make it sound like the drop rate is high for Expert when it obviously isnt. Its "higher" or "more likely". This language is becoming very annoying because we dont know how much "higher" or "more likely" it is. Apparently not enough to make an measurable difference. This is why drop rates being transparent would be nice. Like the 50% chance to pull a 5* gem or ISO. Wish they would apply that sort of language in other crystals.

It sounds like your argument is with the English language. In English, "higher" does not imply "high." If the odds of the Wakandan crystal drop were, say, 1% in heroic and 2% in expert, the proper way to describe that in English is to say the odds are "higher" in expert.

And since the drop rate is a random reward from gameplay activity, it is unlikely Kabam or any other game company is going to feel compelled to disclose those odds universally. There is no significant movement of players to force game companies to disclose all of their random gameplay factors, just the ones involving monetary microtransactions. To force game companies to disclose the odds of *everything* that happens in the game is a burden I would not place on game developers. That seems unreasonable to me.

Nah, I speak English real good. Nice try though.

• Chork4Chork4 Posts: 6
    Do the AI boosts count as buffs?such that they can they be nullified or stolen? trial of hearts particularly, can the arc overload it be reversed with gil or stolen by loki? I know Loki couldn't steal in MBJ challenge
  • Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Its interesting how misleading this is:

That purple Crystal is a Wakandan Ultimate Crystal! In each difficulty of any Trial, there will be a chance for you to win either a Wakandan Ultimate Crystal or a chunk of Premium Hero Crystal Shards. The amount of Premium Hero Crystal Shards and your chance of getting an Ultimate Crystal differs depending on the difficulty you play. If you play Expert, you are more likely to get an Ultimate Crystal than if you play Heroic, etc.

When I read this initially I thought it would be fairly common to get these purple crystals. After day 1 I pulled one and that made me think even more so playing Expert would have a large drop rate for these. However, apparently not as many never got one and I haven't received one since. Its fine, because its just 3* champs, but it is interesting how they make it sound like the drop rate is high for Expert when it obviously isnt. Its "higher" or "more likely". This language is becoming very annoying because we dont know how much "higher" or "more likely" it is. Apparently not enough to make an measurable difference. This is why drop rates being transparent would be nice. Like the 50% chance to pull a 5* gem or ISO. Wish they would apply that sort of language in other crystals.

It sounds like your argument is with the English language. In English, "higher" does not imply "high." If the odds of the Wakandan crystal drop were, say, 1% in heroic and 2% in expert, the proper way to describe that in English is to say the odds are "higher" in expert.

And since the drop rate is a random reward from gameplay activity, it is unlikely Kabam or any other game company is going to feel compelled to disclose those odds universally. There is no significant movement of players to force game companies to disclose all of their random gameplay factors, just the ones involving monetary microtransactions. To force game companies to disclose the odds of *everything* that happens in the game is a burden I would not place on game developers. That seems unreasonable to me.

Nah, I speak English real good. Nice try though.

I don't know how to "try" to explain the meaning of a simple word like "higher." That seems to be a pass/fail sort of thing.
  • Chork4Chork4 Posts: 6
    trial of hearts SW seems to be the go too, the others(ultron gil majik BW) just palm to face plant. next week ill try loki as well.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    Easy one today, DV, X23 and DP.

• Dan99Dan99 Posts: 132
    Credit where credit is due: Kabam, i think you outdid yourselves this time. This is by far the most enjoyable "special quest" in my opinion. I guess it's because it only happens once a day, and the build-up towards day 7 is exciting. Plus the possible enemies are listed so we're able to prepare. It rewards planning and strategy. In contrast, Modok's Lab seemed so totally random and it was soul-crushing to not be able to finish certain maps. Keep up the good work!

• LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    @Kabam Miike what are the odds of getting the Wakandan crystals for doing the quest on the highest difficulty. I’ve been doing them every day and every difficulty on trial of the infinite and I haven’t gotten a single one yet. I know I’m unlucky with this game, but I try to stay hopeful lol
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    As @DNA3000 says, why would Kabam choose to give us this information? What gives us the right to even ask? We aren't buying completion of these quests (at least some of us aren't)

It's higher on Expert than on Hard. That's all we get.
  • As @DNA3000 says, why would Kabam choose to give us this information? What gives us the right to even ask? We aren't buying completion of these quests (at least some of us aren't)

It's higher on Expert than on Hard. That's all we get.

There are lots of potentially good reasons to give players that information, and what gives you the right to ask is the fact the forums allow polite requests for gameplay information. However, the odds of the crystal itself dropping during gameplay is unlikely to be *required* to be disclosed by Apple's new requirements, which is the only thing I said about that.
  • Mantap jiwa
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    Will there be any compensation for people who went through the entirety of the trials on expert and every difficulty on trial of the infinite days and received no Wakandan crystals? Even if it’s just 1 Wakandan crystal for participating, I at least want to be able to say I got one...
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Will there be any compensation for people who went through the entirety of the trials on expert and every difficulty on trial of the infinite days and received no Wakandan crystals? Even if it’s just 1 Wakandan crystal for participating, I at least want to be able to say I got one...

It's not a bad idea. One free Wakandan crystal as a wrap up for anyone that completed at least 1 trial of the infinite.
  • When is this trial of the King thing over??
    When is this trial of the King thing over??

Today.
  • THRobinsonTHRobinson Posts: 37
    How do i get rid of the essences? Event's been over a while and still in inventory... Can't seem to use or sell them.
    edited March 2018
    THRobinson wrote: »
    How do i get rid of the essences? Event's been over a while and still in inventory... Can't seem to use or sell them.

Don't let them bother you. If they're really of no further use, Kabam will make them disappear. Let's see if the event repeats when the dvd comes out.
  • THRobinsonTHRobinson Posts: 37
    Thanks... wasn't sure if during updates they get flagged for removal, or if a year from now I'll still have them in inventory.