**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars Seasons Discussion Thread

Comments

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    420sam wrote: »
    Legend wrote: »
    My thread got closed down so here goes my main concern again. Piloting needs to be stopped.

The new seasons mode looks great, rewards are juiced up and Kabam are delivering the resources we’ve been asking for. That’s the good part. Now the bad...

Kabam need to ensure that this mode is fair. And they need to monitor it. Piloting in war is as common as ever. Matchmaking as rigged as ever with alliances purposefully avoiding each other. These problems mean that the distribution of the most prestigious rewards in game will not be fairly distributed. This is exploiting the game and should be punishable.

Piloting?

Best I can tell is that he is talking about where alliances purposefully choose times to start war so there is zero chance they will have to face an alliance that is close to their skill/spending level.
  • Rajhp wrote: »
    Are these rewards weekly or once per season (2 month)??

They are once per season.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    My thread got closed down so here goes my main concern again. Piloting needs to be stopped.

The new seasons mode looks great, rewards are juiced up and Kabam are delivering the resources we’ve been asking for. That’s the good part. Now the bad...

Kabam need to ensure that this mode is fair. And they need to monitor it. Piloting in war is as common as ever. Matchmaking as rigged as ever with alliances purposefully avoiding each other. These problems mean that the distribution of the most prestigious rewards in game will not be fairly distributed. This is exploiting the game and should be punishable.

You didn’t answer this question in the other thread: his is matchmaking being used for alliances to avoid each other?
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    @Kabam Miike Will there be any change to the currently Loss/Victory rewards?

Never mind I saw you already answered. Unless you can expand on what the increase actually is?
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    This looks very exciting! Well done guys!
  • KrocKroc Posts: 5
    Are we getting rank rewards for this current season?
  • Will we be awarded for this season @Kabam Miike
  • DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    Is there any plans on switching matchmaking back to how it used to be since this discourages ally’s to swap ally’s
    Donyb wrote: »
    Is there any plans on switching matchmaking back to how it used to be since this discourages ally’s to swap ally’s
    You don’t see how the points system and rewards helps combat what you’ve described?

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    People keep saying, "Rich getting richer". So what? Poor are getting richer too. What do I or anyone else not in a top alliance care if the top alliances have stuff we don't? No different than whining about Bill Gates having a holodeck in his house and about to get a second one. So what? You aren't competing at their level. You won't ever even see those top guys to play against, so why do you care? If it hurts your butt so much, work to get in a top alliance. Such a stupid thing to whine about. Sounding like greedy children, "I can only eat 1 slice of pizza, but my big brother gets 2. No Fair! We should both get what I get (for reasons) or we should both get 2 even though I can't eat it now, but I think I would be happiest if we both got nothing."

Yes, but rewards for top 1500 are 6* shards and rewards for top 300 are tier 5 basic frags. I think that is what has people up in arms.

that doesn't make his point any less true.
  • CuntessaCuntessa Posts: 69
    Here's a way to alleviate some concerns about the rich getting richer, shorten the durations of the seasons of lower tiers to a month so that small alliances can progress faster than the god tier alliances
    edited January 2018
    Run477 wrote: »

Piloting?

Best I can tell is that he is talking about where alliances purposefully choose times to start war so there is zero chance they will have to face an alliance that is close to their skill/spending level.

Thought it was already established that skipping a war, which happened a lot during the war matchmaking between top alliances, was bad. I am not seeing how it needs to be addressed.

he means, as an example, MMX looks for a war at 12PM PST, when they find a match, then CORE looks for a war at 1PM PST, then ISO looks for one at 2PM PST, and so on and so forth.
    Qwerty wrote: »

Piloting?

Thought it was already established that skipping a war, which happened a lot during the war matchmaking between top alliances, was bad. I am not seeing how it needs to be addressed.

he means, as an example, MMX looks for a war at PM PST, when they find a match, then CORE looks for a war at 1PM PST, then ISO looks for one at 2PM PST, and so on and so forth.

So? You want a matchmaking system that focuses on those alliances? The system can only search against its parameters. If they are not searching or decided to take a war off, all other alliances should not be effected by it.

Is it unfortunate? Yes. Is it unfair? No.
    Cuntessa wrote: »
    Here's a way to alleviate some concerns about the rich getting richer, shorten the durations of the seasons of lower tiers to a month so that small alliances can progress faster than the god tier alliances

why should small alliances progress faster than those who put in more time and effort?

considering how long it took for those top alliances to get there, the smaller alliances and newer players are already progressing faster at the same level and time invested than those who started playing when the game was new.

it used to be that the ONLY way to get a 4* was to grind it out in arena or buy the 2500 unit crystal.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    CFree wrote: »

Piloting?

he means, as an example, MMX looks for a war at PM PST, when they find a match, then CORE looks for a war at 1PM PST, then ISO looks for one at 2PM PST, and so on and so forth.

So? You want a matchmaking system that focuses on those alliances? The system can only search against its parameters. If they are not searching or decided to take a war off, all other alliances should not be effected by it.

Matchmaking should have a set time to find a match. You miss your opening then wait for next war.
    edited January 2018

Piloting?

i don't want anything, i was just explaining a misunderstanding. i didn't make any suggestions on what should/shouldn't change.
    TheDemon wrote: »

Piloting?

he means, as an example, MMX looks for a war at 12PM PST, when they find a match, then CORE looks for a war at 1PM PST, then ISO looks for one at 2PM PST, and so on and so forth.

His reasoning is flawed! Under the old system they had a schedule for matchmaking that extended past the 7PM PST shutdown on Sunday for war matches. I cannot see all the top alliances agreeing to do this when missing out on an extra war every other week could cost them a spot in the top 20.

his reasoning isn't flawed since, you know, it's actually happening.

Piloting?

Matchmaking should have a set time to find a match. You miss your opening then wait for next war.

That doesn’t make sense. If the window is large then you haven’t accomplished anything. If the window is small, then the system would hurt a large percentage of the international users that play the game.
  • TheDemonTheDemon Posts: 159
    edited January 2018
    TheDemon wrote: »

Piloting?

His reasoning is flawed! Under the old system they had a schedule for matchmaking that extended past the 7PM PST shutdown on Sunday for war matches. I cannot see all the top alliances agreeing to do this when missing out on an extra war every other week could cost them a spot in the top 20.

his reasoning isn't flawed since, you know, it's actually happening.

I think it is hasty to bash something this early before it is even released!
  • LegendLegend Posts: 25
    edited January 2018
    CFree just to clarify what I was saying; I’m specifically talking piloting in alliances.

Piloting as in, all the top alliances are disfunctional in that most of the members at the top are solely there because of prestige. Would the top allies pick these guys if the game was built any other way? No. They aren’t there for skill hence why they pilot. That way the top allies get the best rewards for AQ (prestige) and the best rewards for AW (skill aka piloting aka account sharing). This disadavantages everyone else. As rightly pointed out, matchmaking exploiting may reduce now but there’s nothing changing to suggest so. There have been the rare occasion where matchmaking lasted too long so some top allies missed out but not often.

My stance is still the same, will Kabam put an end to piloting in war so that the most prestigious rewards in game are evenly and fairly distributed?
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    Will there be a new aw map?
  • KrocKroc Posts: 5
    Will the tiers be reset?