**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Looking for new android phone that can run the game smoothly

Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★
Hello, my current phone is a Nexus 5X and I've had it for a couple years, it plays the game at a consistent framerate most of the time, but it feels sub 30 fps and can feel really choppy at times making me feel like I missed parries when I should have got them.

I'm looking for a new android phone that can run the game significantly better, does anyone have a mid-range android phone that runs the game well or do i pretty much need a top of the line android phone if I wanna play this game smoothly?

Comments

• Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★
    This ain’t craigslist boy

What are you talking about?
  • Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★
    TrojanX05 wrote: »
    Samsung Galaxy S8 or Note 8 will do.

I wanna avoid spending that much if I can.
  • themikithemiki Posts: 60
    You’re going to want an iPhone if you want it to run smoothly. Maybe a less bumpy android might be the right question.
  • Nokia 6 2018 is good bro.. pretty decent device.
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    android And apple still have to come up with a device that’s compatible with this game
  • ljainD5ljainD5 Posts: 41
    Oneplus 5T works well.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Razor Phone is the best option
  • Mohit_7Mohit_7 Posts: 88
    My choice reemi
    My choice redmi
    Very smooth
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★
    Moto G5 or G5 Plus works fine.
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    If you're sole purpose of a phone is for this game, IOS

My android continues to get worse and worse as kabam does less and less android support
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    A long time Android user and after many tries with different phones (LG G4, Samsung Galaxy Edge S7, Moto G5S) I have come to conclusion that if you want to play end game content. Then you really need an iPhone (sadly). Otherwise you end up paying more in units because of the game not playing as well on an android device.
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    As an addition. The latest Moto G5S just shows you need something fast. I often get parry when doing a special after a 4 or 5 combo. And especially with complex champions in regard to animations like howard the duck, void the game just lags a lot because it can keep up with the complex animations and sure there are more champions like that on the way.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I got a cheap $50 Samsung j3 Luna pro and it is smooth as a dream. Perfect gameplay 99 percent of the time and fast loading. Im absolutely amazed. The other cheap android phone i had before totally sucked.
  • MrJokkkerMrJokkker Posts: 9
    Note 8
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Pixel 2, smooth game play, great screen, and battery lasts without heating up the phone.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    If youre buying a phone for mcoc, just buy an iphone. There isnt a comparison.
  • IcehawklbIcehawklb Posts: 180
    Keep your phone. Buy a used IPad Mini 4. It's cheaper and works great.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    My Nexus 6p runs it very well, I'm due an upgrade in a month and getting the pixel xl2
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    OP, i bought a used iphone 6+, that i use only as a WIFI device to play MCOC and other games on.

I do not have cell service connected to the iphone because i prefer android for my celly.

the difference in performance REALLY is a game changer.

i used to play with sound off, because the game lags in such a way that the sound would confuse my timing on android. discovered that many other users do the same.

on iphone the average time for fighting 3 arena opponents, and all the load screens and load time till i start the next 3 fights is around 54 seconds, depending on how much time i spend choosing champs for synergy.

when i use a 15 min boost, i have gotten as many as 17 rounds in before boost expires.

also, tons of units saved because of actually being able to evade/parry (as others have mentioned).

anyway, GL.

• NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Definitely go with an apple product, I'm a 5 year android user and prefer it for most everything, but the game is just so much faster on iOS, like 10 times faster
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 and for me the game runs really good and I love the phone too. I don't know if it will run smoothly for you because your connection might not be as good.
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    I use an Android phone Google pixel running Android 8.1 Oreo and it's pretty great definitely a step up from the Nexus 5 I was using and it's far smoother than the iPhone 6 I used to use for arena runs and you can pick up the pixel for a reasonable price now the pixel 2 is here
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Moto e4 & Moto e4 plus no issues for me