**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Symbiote spiderman broken or nerfed

We all know symbiote spider man is a beast at escalating damage. Stack those armor breaks and watch the damage climb. Seems theres a cap on the crit damage. I was only able to get 15,000 crit damage on a special 2 with 10 stacks of armor breaks. Seems broken to me.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Armor break stacks are broken after the update 12.0
  • Options
    Fluffydragon2Fluffydragon2 Posts: 109
    Without that armor break ability he is useless
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    edited June 2017
    So is IF. That's one of the harms of diminishing returns. Each armor break is less effective than the one before it. Hypothetically...

If the first armor break gives you a 50% damage increase, the second one would give you 45%. The third would give you 37%. And so on. After a while, the damage increase approaches zero, and the additional armor breaks don't really do anything. I haven't done the math, but anything beyond 4-5 armor breaks is probably not noticeable. Maybe someone else has done the math, and they can give you a more accurate answer.

That description isn't really 100% accurate anyway since armor breaks don't increase damage; they decrease armor. Some champions with a low armor rating won't be impacted by broken armor anyway. IMO, they need to make a relationship between armor breaks and damage rather than armor. But what do I know.

Immortal Iron Fist is one of the rarest champs in the game, and he depends on his armor break stacks to be a good champion. They made him useless with this update. The same thing applies to Pure Skill. It's no longer an effective mastery because of this change. They need to figure something out to make armor break stacks and Pure Skill useful again. It's been months, and they're "still working on it."