Why people are not sharing - AW matching isn’t right and it’s unfair for many of us.

Comments

• ZerophunkZerophunk Member Posts: 207
    The tops have a line group for sharing when they will search for war opp. It's never gonna change. Just win some lose some and keep getting rewards
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    Honestly, I believe in hard work, so we fight in AW with this thought that we will be putting our 100% , win or lose that’s another thing but we will fight till the end.... but when we see these kind of match ups ..... everyone doubts himself that .... can we win this ... and That’s it .... eventually we lost hope and there is no fun fighting in AW... that’s what is most concerning. I don’t care about win or lose at this moment.

Experience tells me alliance rating and even the ranks of the defenders isn't everything and you simply cannot tell what you will be facing, at least outside the top tiers. Back when you could still see defenders I got really worried about a match up where it seemed there were 5* defenders everywhere and the alliance was high (alliance) rated. Then I saw a 4/55 Gamora on node 24 and a 4/55 Magneto in the third miniboss slot, and I realized why such an enormously high rating alliance was still mucking around in tier 6 with us. Ironically we beat them on diversity points.

Win some lose some. It is part of competition to lose. And to be honest, it doesn't feel better to lose to a lower rated alliance than a superhigh rated alliance. I'd rather lose to the superhigh alliance. It is honestly easier to sell to my battlegroup that we had no chance on that one, and just need to do better next one.
  • Bullfighter77Bullfighter77 Member Posts: 68
    I know how you feel. Recently my allaince was paired up with another one that was CRAZY strong. We lost. :(
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Member Posts: 551 ★★
    How long until he says it’s not fair again? I’m still waiting for him to say what would be fair
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Member Posts: 829 ★★
    How long until he says it’s not fair again? I’m still waiting for him to say what would be fair

I can say now if that makes you happy kiddo 😂😂
    x0em9bhhhyu0.jpeg

Same thing matched with 10.5 million alliance.... well I think this how now things will go ...
    x0em9bhhhyu0.jpeg

Same thing matched with 10.5 million alliance.... well I think this how now things will go ...

I don't know why you keep saying that as if that 10.5 million alliance automatically has a huge advantage over you. If they consistently had such an advantage, they wouldn't have a 1451 war rating. The war rating tells you how likely they are to win against alliances similar to you: about half the time. If you are always losing to those alliances someone has to be winning, or they wouldn't have that rating.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    x0em9bhhhyu0.jpeg

I don't know why you keep saying that as if that 10.5 million alliance automatically has a huge advantage over you. If they consistently had such an advantage, they wouldn't have a 1451 war rating. The war rating tells you how likely they are to win against alliances similar to you: about half the time. If you are always losing to those alliances someone has to be winning, or they wouldn't have that rating.

They have , first , all of the members now have 4/55 5* champs, so we have to face the strong defense also they can easily beat our 5/50 4* defense with the rank4 5* champs , I don’t understand we are losing AW rating with each war still we are matched with 10+ million alliances. What system we are following.... it’s all confusing.... if we go up we should face strong teams but if we are losing... same thing , I don’t understand this.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Member Posts: 267 ★★
    Just imagine that the MCOC way of "thinking" is applied elsewhere like chess matches.

2 guys with similar rating of 1800 do battle on the chess board.

One guy loses and whines all day and night because his opponent amassed 20 years worth of experience in playing chess while he only has 7 months. He demands that the matching system be changed because he doesn't understand how the rating system is calculated.

Sounds legit.

• Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    For them to be on that rating they aren’t that great at war, the system where they did prestige as well was terrible for multiple reasons, at least with his system if you lose you get easier matchups as your rating drops, that’s why the 10m alliance are probably there, and maybe you are a little higher than you should be after a few wins, my alliance used to spend and be in tier 1/2, we had an alliance split and decided to relax in war we are a 10m alliance but we don’t spend and don’t take it too seriously, as a result we are now on about 1500 war rating, we have settled where we belong and we win about half our matchups, the trial with the prestige was terrible because even if we lost 3 in a row we still had to face a 10m alliance, most of which spend and we dropped from t4 to tier 8 (old system) it was excruciating for us,
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    For them to be on that rating they aren’t that great at war, the system where they did prestige as well was terrible for multiple reasons, at least with his system if you lose you get easier matchups as your rating drops, that’s why the 10m alliance are probably there, and maybe you are a little higher than you should be after a few wins, my alliance used to spend and be in tier 1/2, we had an alliance split and decided to relax in war we are a 10m alliance but we don’t spend and don’t take it too seriously, as a result we are now on about 1500 war rating, we have settled where we belong and we win about half our matchups, the trial with the prestige was terrible because even if we lost 3 in a row we still had to face a 10m alliance, most of which spend and we dropped from t4 to tier 8 (old system) it was excruciating for us,

We were at 1700 matched with 10+ alliance we are at 1450 matched with 10+ million alliance... how much down ... but down means do we have to be at the bottom.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Member Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Matchmaking seems to be working better now than it ever has imho. Lots of things could play into why a stronger alliance had a lower rating. We are usually in tier 3+/- before the new changes and we are almost a 14 million alliance. One of the reasons we aren't higher is we don't spend. Rarely do we use items mostly free ones. We use glory for rank up materials mostly. The new seasons may change this or may not. We've been beaten several times by much lower ranked alliances because they have chosen to spend large amounts of whatever. Fair..sure..if they want it that bad and are willing to use their resources that way it's theirs to use. Watching a guy die 11+ times on a node that's not even a mini costs but they definitely want it more than us. That's one example of how you could see big jumps.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Matchmaking seems to be working better now than it ever has imho. Lots of things could play into why a stronger alliance had a lower rating. We are usually in tier 3+/- before the new changes and we are almost a 14 million alliance. One of the reasons we aren't higher is we don't spend. Rarely do we use items mostly free ones. We use glory for rank up materials mostly. The new seasons may change this or may not. We've been beaten several times by much lower ranked alliances because they have chosen to spend large amounts of whatever. Fair..sure..if they want it that bad and are willing to use their resources that way it's theirs to use. Watching a guy die 11+ times on a node that's not even a mini costs but they definitely want it more than us. That's one example of how you could see big jumps.

It’s comes to the diversity and attack bonus, every one is exploring 100% nowadays so even we spend on resources that’s not going to help cause we will be losing point in these two areas.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Member Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Bigger alliances with deeper rosters are always going to have an advantage. Don't know what to tell you there. You can either play better than them or spend more. Neither of those are a guarantee for a win against a bigger alliance either. Nature of the beast...have to grow.
  • MattScottMattScott Member Posts: 587 ★★
    My point is match alliance based on AW rating and alliance rating, consider both things cause both are important and play a significant role in matching. A balance in between both will be a fair match up.

It’s based on war rating and prestige. Alliance rating doesn’t come into play at all.
    And 1500 v 1492 is a DAMN close match. Closer than most. Take the L and move on.
    Sorry.
    MattScott wrote: »
    And 1500 v 1492 is a DAMN close match. Closer than most. Take the L and move on.
    Sorry.

I am sorry why are you upset ... did I say something to you, we are here just to discuss how this match making is working and we are losing not cause we are weak , we are losing cause the opponent is too strong for us. But anyway can you explain how this prestige work in this match making.

DaMunk wrote: »
    Bigger alliances with deeper rosters are always going to have an advantage. Don't know what to tell you there. You can either play better than them or spend more. Neither of those are a guarantee for a win against a bigger alliance either. Nature of the beast...have to grow.

Yes, that’s why we are losing, we manage to get to the mini bosses losing one or two champs in a way but beating mini boss in one shot, and that would be Modok ,madusa like champs... it’s very rare.
    Sorry.

I am sorry why are you upset ... did I say something to you, we are here just to discuss how this match making is working and we are losing not cause we are weak , we are losing cause the opponent is too strong for us. But anyway can you explain how this prestige work in this match making.

I’m not upset at all. This is a fair matchup. Similar war. It means your two allies have performed similarly. Even though they have higher rating. That usually means they have been losing relative to their level and you have been winning relative to yours.
    This is the whole point of war rating.

Prestige is factored in when war rating starts getting further apart, the further it gets apart, the larger prestige is considered V war rating.
    Sorry.

I’m not upset at all. This is a fair matchup. Similar war. It means your two allies have performed similarly. Even though they have higher rating. That usually means they have been losing relative to their level and you have been winning relative to yours.
    This is the whole point of war rating.

Prestige is factored in when war rating starts getting further apart, the further it gets apart, the larger prestige is considered V war rating.

I'm not sure how that would work mechanically. My understanding is that when you start match making the game immediately starts looking for an alliance with similar rating also match making. If it finds one, it matches you. If it doesn't, it waits. We know the game is capable of literally throwing up its hands and saying it cannot match, because at times people have long wait times. So algorithmically I don't know how prestige could factor into match making in the manner you're describing.

Are you saying if the game cannot find a close war rating match it will match you with an alliance with a much different rating if it can find one with a closer prestige? If so, why does match making sometimes take a long time, and how is this different from when Kabam changed the match system earlier to one where apparently the game tried to simultaneously match rating *and* prestige (or alliance rating, one or the other) and this led to excessively long match times in some cases because it simply couldn't find another alliance with simultaneously similar war rating and prestige?

To put it another way, I think most people are in agreement that at the moment you start looking for a match, if there exists another alliance with the same or similar war rating the game will match you with that alliance. And all evidence suggests the game is perfectly happy matching you with an alliance with the same war rating but radically different prestige or alliance rating.

But when the game cannot find a close war rating match, we know the game waits. Please explain what you think is happening when the game is waiting. All evidence I have is that it keeps waiting until it finds a war rating match. You're saying prestige factors in here. In what way?
  • Make1DavidMake1David Member Posts: 56
    All allies are having this issue. I hope the match making gets better, my ally is having the same issues. I was in a 11 mil ally and they were matched with 13mil+ all the time, then I stepped down to a 7 mil ally and they are having the same issue.

And to the Kambam Fanboys, stop flagging ppl when they have a legit reason to complain. You make all of us look bad. The kabam employees are not going to give you golden stars when you falsely flag a post.
    Fighting with high alliance rating, the low rating alliance will always take the plunge and have to put extra from the start , keep the moral up but still you can’t beat if opponent has insane power champs see the below SL cfskqm37t44u.jpeg

• FallencircusFallencircus Member Posts: 339 ★★★
    It is extremely simple. Your alliance isnt strong enough to be in that tier. That is it, end of story. You sit hear and complain but you are only a 7M alliance. The higher tiers are for the higher skilled alliances. End of story.

You absolutely should not match based on your alliance rank unless they cap how high an alliance can climb (ie Tier 5 cap 8M, tier 4 9M, tier 3 10M, etc)

If what you proposed happened, you could get to tier 1 or 2 as a 7M which is not how it should be. The top tiers are for top alliances, not for anybody who just wants better rewards. You are coming off as just complaining because you feel you deserve higher rewards. Grow your alliance and you can advance to higher tiers.
  • DGCDGC Member Posts: 59
    If you are in tier 3 you should get matched with tier 3 opponents. Complaining you 7m alliance is matched with a 10m alliance is bs. My alliance 8-9 mill rating yo yo' tier 6 to 9 facing 8 to 11m alliances why should you sit in a higher tier facing lesser alliances than we face? All this whinging usually comes from those in a higher tier than they should be.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Prestige was a factor for war searching for a few months before they brought back defender kills, it had many more complaints than this system which was always used before that,( alliance rating means nothing, because many alliances sell their 2/3* champs and look very low).

As I explained before when prestige was a factor you could not get easy matches even after losing many times, the way it works now (and always did before that trial.) If you lose you get an easier matchup which is good, you lose this one, your rating drops, you get an easier matchup, it is good because you don’t have to spend you just settle where you belong, (honestly 1500 is high for a 7m alliance so you have obviously been winning)
    It is extremely simple. Your alliance isnt strong enough to be in that tier. That is it, end of story. You sit hear and complain but you are only a 7M alliance. The higher tiers are for the higher skilled alliances. End of story.

You absolutely should not match based on your alliance rank unless they cap how high an alliance can climb (ie Tier 5 cap 8M, tier 4 9M, tier 3 10M, etc)

If what you proposed happened, you could get to tier 1 or 2 as a 7M which is not how it should be. The top tiers are for top alliances, not for anybody who just wants better rewards. You are coming off as just complaining because you feel you deserve higher rewards. Grow your alliance and you can advance to higher tiers.

Assumption, perception, jumping to the conclusion, did any mentioned about demanding rewards, we achieved this rating staring from zero, we started the alliance with 2 million, so as of now we are 7.5 million alliance in one year and we have reached to the tier 3 with our efforts, we are growing, and growing well ... no concerns. And once we have enough rank 4/55 champs in our roster , we will beat these 10+ million alliances.... it’s just that currently we are not ready for these matches, but still we have been matched. The only complaint I have is while we are still losing ... we are getting matched to 10+ million alliances and now we are in tier 7.
    DGC wrote: »
    If you are in tier 3 you should get matched with tier 3 opponents. Complaining you 7m alliance is matched with a 10m alliance is bs. My alliance 8-9 mill rating yo yo' tier 6 to 9 facing 8 to 11m alliances why should you sit in a higher tier facing lesser alliances than we face? All this whinging usually comes from those in a higher tier than they should be.

Please read the post, read it properly.... if tier matter in match making, then why these 10+ million alliances are in tier 7 , the fact for us to reached this higher AW rating is ... we have been matched with higher AW rating alliances in past and we have won all those war and adding 100 points to our rating , cause we won against an higher AW rating opponent. Now if we achieved the rating by defeating higher AW rating alliances, does it our fault , how we are suppose to know what tier we should be in ... when we are moving as per the AW system. We haven’t done anything outside this system, just following up the ladder....choose your words wisely in public forums ....
  • BlaargoBlaargo Member Posts: 246

Please read the post, read it properly.... if tier matter in match making, then why these 10+ million alliances are in tier 7 , the fact for us to reached this higher AW rating is ... we have been matched with higher AW rating alliances in past and we have won all those war and adding 100 points to our rating , cause we won against an higher AW rating opponent. Now if we achieved the rating by defeating higher AW rating alliances, does it our fault , how we are suppose to know what tier we should be in ... when we are moving as per the AW system. We haven’t done anything outside this system, just following up the ladder....choose your words wisely in public forums ....

You are TOO high up dont complain just because your in alliance with an overrated war rating.Kabam is fixing this with the latest update
    Blaargo wrote: »

You are TOO high up dont complain just because your in alliance with an overrated war rating.Kabam is fixing this with the latest update

Overrated??? Who announced that the AW rating system is overrated.... does anyone know about this , if that is the case then it’s not just us .... there are many alliances who are overrated... I guess.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Member Posts: 782 ★★★
    9cwzyg6ohl4l.jpeg
    65wgrd38ql15.jpeg

We matched with the AW rating, everything else is beyond our reach , I don’t know what calculation system does to find a match but this is not a match , they all have 4/55 5* champs , and they can easily beat our defense and we have to struggle.... even if we manage to explore 100% , we can’t win , diversity and attack bonus will beat us ....

I completely disagree with saying that this isn't a match. Your war rating is very close to each other. You should be fighting each other.