**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Doctor octopus's name is a lie

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
Octopi have 8 legs/arms(however you want to view them) he has 6 which would make him a squid #ChildhoodRuinded #ChangeHisNameMarvel #SinisterSquid.

Comments

• MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Octopi have 8 legs/arms(however you want to view them) he has 6 which would make him a squid #ChildhoodRuinded #ChangeHisNameMarvel #SinisterSquid.

Dew mathz betur
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    #Timeforsomemathslessons
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    God bless you man
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    FR33_HUG5 wrote: »
    2 legs, 2 arms plus four metal arms equals eight.

Please explain how you came to the conclusion of 2+2+4=6
    Jaded wrote: »
    He has 8....
    2 arms
    2 legs
    4 robotic arms
    Which equals 8. Hard math ikr

NO
    LEGS ARE DIFFERENT
    SHOW SOME RESPECT TO YOUR LEGS
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    LMAO Lauhghing like crazy in the middle of the night. Thank you! :D
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I'm not counting his legs cause he doesnt use that like 90% of the time

Even regular octopi effectively have 6 arms and 2 legs just like Doc Oc you are wrong again

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2547597/Octopuses-have-two-legs-and-six-arms.html
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Sungj wrote: »

Even regular octopi effectively have 6 arms and 2 legs just like Doc Oc you are wrong again

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2547597/Octopuses-have-two-legs-and-six-arms.html

It says “Octopuses”. This source cannot be reliable
  • Octopi have 8 legs/arms(however you want to view them) he has 6 which would make him a squid #ChildhoodRuinded #ChangeHisNameMarvel #SinisterSquid.

Dr. Octopus indeed has six arms and legs if you don't count his legs. That makes him a squid with human feet.

If we instead count all of the segments of his mechanical tentacles as reflectors, that would make him a disco ball.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »

“Although it is often supposed that octopi is the ‘correct’ plural of octopus, and it has been in use for longer than the usual Anglicized plural octopuses, it in fact originates as an error. Octopus is not a simple Latin word of the second declension, but a Latinized form of the Greek word oktopous, and its ‘correct’ plural would logically be octopodes.”
    Oxford dictionary

“Octopus. There are three plural forms of octopus: octopuses, octopi, and octopodes. Currently, octopuses is the most common form in the UK as well as the US; octopodes is rare, and octopi is often objected to as incorrect.”
    Wikipedia

“USAGE The standard English plural of octopus is octopuses. However, the word octopus comes from Greek, and the Greek plural form is octopodes. Modern usage of octopodes is so infrequent that many people mistakenly create the erroneous plural form octopi, formed according to rules for Latin plurals.”
    English stack exchange

Damn, guess someone’s wrong.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Ok kid's time for your math lesson!
    First lets review our numbers we have learned so far.
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
    Great job!
    Now lets add these numbers together.
    1+1=2
    2+2=4
    3+3=6
    4+4=8
    5+5=10
    1+2=3
    2+3=5
    2+2+4=.... Ohhh a tricky one. It equals 8! How do you not know that!?!?!?
    Badrose wrote: »
    LMAO Lauhghing like crazy in the middle of the night. Thank you! :D

Same! I woke up everyone. Lmao
    edited February 2018
    Bahamut wrote: »

“Although it is often supposed that octopi is the ‘correct’ plural of octopus, and it has been in use for longer than the usual Anglicized plural octopuses, it in fact originates as an error. Octopus is not a simple Latin word of the second declension, but a Latinized form of the Greek word oktopous, and its ‘correct’ plural would logically be octopodes.”
    Oxford dictionary

“Octopus. There are three plural forms of octopus: octopuses, octopi, and octopodes. Currently, octopuses is the most common form in the UK as well as the US; octopodes is rare, and octopi is often objected to as incorrect.”
    Wikipedia

“USAGE The standard English plural of octopus is octopuses. However, the word octopus comes from Greek, and the Greek plural form is octopodes. Modern usage of octopodes is so infrequent that many people mistakenly create the erroneous plural form octopi, formed according to rules for Latin plurals.”
    English stack exchange

Damn, guess someone’s wrong.

Google... I swear I have heard this on Google.
    Do you work for Google? Lol
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Most enlightening thread since Campition
    Alexa,
    What’s 2+2+4?

Shoot. Looks like i was wrong.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    8m9e8ep66yym.gif
  • NeowantsyouNeowantsyou Posts: 198 ★★
    If you want to learn math, please refer yourself to the legend known as Big Shaq.

Two plus two is four minus one that's three quick maths.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Doc Octopussies 4* basic arena is coming and I had to go for it.
    Although I have pulled almost every 4* Tech class champs, except 4* Hulkbuster (missing from my list) and 4* OG Vision (waiting for the unit deal), the only other 4* tech missing is this Doc Octopussies.
    As long as I can get him, I''m happy for him to be named either Doc Octopussies or Doc 6-legged Squidie :) whichever makes everyone smile :)
  • TinklestinkieTinklestinkie Posts: 102
    edited February 2018
    hey.
    HEY!
    HEEEYYY!!!!!!
    If there's anything you need to do right now
    It's to take this discussion seriously.

SERIOUSLY!!!

..I'm.serious.
    Resident octopodes?
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★