**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

With AW Seasons coming it’s time to end account sharing.

Dear Kabam feel like you as a company you can improve the game as a whole if you actually enforce the rules in regards to account sharing as it’s just assumed that it’s an ok thing to do at this point even though it’s not allowed in the terms of service. With the new competitive nature coming to alliance wars and the continued emphasis of alliance quest it’s not fair to have 1-3 players “Piloting” in competitive game modes. I know it’s a hard issue but if it’s obvious to an opposing team that this is occurring during a war it takes the fun out of the “team” aspect of alliance activities. Please take this concern seriously because I know that a more competitive fair MCOC is what’s best for the game long term.

Comments

• BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    I completed agree with OP. It really isn’t fair to have a few members fighting for everyone in their alliance while their opponents are playing legitimately. It means the result isn’t a true indication of that alliance’s strength. Each member should be responsible for their own account and as a result, the outcome is then completely fair and the winner is unarguably the winner. This would see a more even and fair competition.

Allot of us know account sharing and piloting happens all the time, and in competitive game modes it becomes even more of an issue as can potentially be withholding what could have been fairly earned rewards for the 30 other members in the opposing ally who weren’t piloting.

I know it would be a difficult task to indentify individuals and provide evidence but I’m sure if you really wanted it gone and a fair competitive environment, you would think of a way. Unless of coarse you are in some way benefiting from it.
  • Lj2play_Lj2play_ Posts: 20
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    I agree it's not needed but how do you enforce it. There is no obvious way to tell. Did that guy who lost on a stupid node but blitzed the rest account share or get hit by lag? You didn't see the fight so have no way to tell so you reporting someone is useless. I personally have multiple devices I log in with so the server would see me get booted and log in at the same time occasionally which is not against tos so they can't build something to look for that. I live in Australia but run a vpn (not against tos) I play inside my house I'm seen as in USA I step out the door and connect on mobile data and instantly I swapped from USA to Australia. There is no real system they can put in place that wouldn't hurt legit people. It is **** to lose that way but unless the person straight up told you they did it no true way to tell.
    I understand your point about you using different devices to play the game but if one person is logging in for 10 accounts in the same alliance from the same device that shouldn’t be too hard to detect.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    How about people that run multiple accounts in same alliance. I at one stage ran 3 till I got tired of it. I got a friend who runs 5 how he has the time for that I'll never know. I have tons of friends running 2 accounts. Even that aspect puts alot of people getting banned for legit aspect of the game. Pretty much any aspect you can think of their will be a legit person that gets banned with any created Bot to find it.
  • Lj2play_Lj2play_ Posts: 20
    They can tell the difference is all I’m trying to say. I just wish they would make sure the game was fair to all in the contest.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Give officers more freedom/Control in alliances.
    For starters:
    1. The ability to move a player without playing for them to use energy
    2. The ability to see entire alliance members rosters
    3. 30/45 minute timers

That's being nosy
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Lj2play_ wrote: »
    I agree it's not needed but how do you enforce it. There is no obvious way to tell. Did that guy who lost on a stupid node but blitzed the rest account share or get hit by lag? You didn't see the fight so have no way to tell so you reporting someone is useless. I personally have multiple devices I log in with so the server would see me get booted and log in at the same time occasionally which is not against tos so they can't build something to look for that. I live in Australia but run a vpn (not against tos) I play inside my house I'm seen as in USA I step out the door and connect on mobile data and instantly I swapped from USA to Australia. There is no real system they can put in place that wouldn't hurt legit people. It is **** to lose that way but unless the person straight up told you they did it no true way to tell.
    I understand your point about you using different devices to play the game but if one person is logging in for 10 accounts in the same alliance from the same device that shouldn’t be too hard to detect.

Having multiple accounts isn’t against the ToS either, so it’s not as simple as you make it seem.
  • sincerely believe this will pave the road to abuse. What is the way they will use to detect account sharing? If IP addresses, then that will hit even people with Wifi+ activated on teir device, or those who play on one device at home and another at work (wifi+ bounces constantly between mobile data and any wifi stored in that device, for the best signal available). For example, I play on phone at work and on tab at home, and logging off on one device, just to log on onto another device is a real pain, I have to log on/ off 2 accounts (google and kabam, both are linked).
    And 3 people running 3 bg's.... That is FAKE NEWS
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    sincerely believe this will pave the road to abuse. What is the way they will use to detect account sharing? If IP addresses, then that will hit even people with Wifi+ activated on teir device, or those who play on one device at home and another at work (wifi+ bounces constantly between mobile data and any wifi stored in that device, for the best signal available). For example, I play on phone at work and on tab at home, and logging off on one device, just to log on onto another device is a real pain, I have to log on/ off 2 accounts (google and kabam, both are linked).

You guys keep saying IP. You know when you play the game. You have a unique “deviceID” right? And kabam has this ID. It’s very very very easy if they wanted to really crack down on it.

A point that keeps getting brought up, i use different devices, for home, office etc. and to that point. It’s not multiple devices that they’re looking for. It’s one device that logs into multiple accounts.
    MattScott wrote: »
    sincerely believe this will pave the road to abuse. What is the way they will use to detect account sharing? If IP addresses, then that will hit even people with Wifi+ activated on teir device, or those who play on one device at home and another at work (wifi+ bounces constantly between mobile data and any wifi stored in that device, for the best signal available). For example, I play on phone at work and on tab at home, and logging off on one device, just to log on onto another device is a real pain, I have to log on/ off 2 accounts (google and kabam, both are linked).

You guys keep saying IP. You know when you play the game. You have a unique “deviceID” right? And kabam has this ID. It’s very very very easy if they wanted to really crack down on it.

A point that keeps getting brought up, i use different devices, for home, office etc. and to that point. It’s not multiple devices that they’re looking for. It’s one device that logs into multiple accounts.

But a lot of people legitimately have multiple accounts.
  • Gwendoline wrote: »

Exactly. What if someone has so much free time he has 3+ accounts?
    Dosen't say anywhere you can only have 1 account
  • TheDemonTheDemon Posts: 159
    Gwendoline wrote: »

Correct, but it is not the person logging into three accounts from their office or home. It is the person who logs in from Texas in the morning and then two hours later logs in from Canada or the UK or India. That is who they should go after.
    TheDemon wrote: »

Correct, but it is not the person logging into three accounts from their office or home. It is the person who logs in from Texas in the morning and then two hours later logs in from Canada or the UK or India. That is who they should go after.

No it’s not. They can’t see from where we actually acces the game. It’s really easy to make it look like I’m somewhere else. Using VPN is allowed, but with what you’re saying, it would get you banned.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited February 2018

Very specific case. Do you think so many people run VPN in their homes? Also, honestly, if you are switching so many devices and countries, then that is a flag!!

I play on my phone, there is no VPN and I can bet most people do the same. They should definitely ban 'different accounts' which log in from same IP address/Device ID within the same day. (They can monitor over a course of a week, data aint that hard to analyze with algorithms)
    **And same account which logs in from multiple IP addresses/device IDs.

Also for people running multiple accounts because having smurf accounts isn't against TOS. Well, good luck then, I would better see legit people playing the game be rewarded for the work they put in, than see smurf accounts or multiple accounts taking the advantage. If in the process 1% legit people get affected, then that is a very small percent compared to the rampant cheating going on right now.

EDIT - There was another mobile game where the company started getting rid of smurf accounts, so it isnt that hard at all.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Doesn't mean that it is fair to have all those accounts and keep running them. I bet there's a reason why the gifting event makes you spend units to gift and not let you send things from stash/inventory.
    There is a reason why they dont have trading!!

Kabam knows about multi account exploits and they have measures in place, but as long as it does not affect them, they are ok with it. In current scenario multiple account is only hurting other legit players.
    What are smurf accounts?
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★

Very specific case. Do you think so many people run VPN in their homes? Also, honestly, if you are switching so many devices and countries, then that is a flag!!

I play on my phone, there is no VPN and I can bet most people do the same. They should definitely ban 'different accounts' which log in from same IP address/Device ID within the same day. (They can monitor over a course of a week, data aint that hard to analyze with algorithms)
    **And same account which logs in from multiple IP addresses/device IDs.

Also for people running multiple accounts because having smurf accounts isn't against TOS. Well, good luck then, I would better see legit people playing the game be rewarded for the work they put in, than see smurf accounts or multiple accounts taking the advantage. If in the process 1% legit people get affected, then that is a very small percent compared to the rampant cheating going on right now.

EDIT - There was another mobile game where the company started getting rid of smurf accounts, so it isnt that hard at all.

If 1% get affected, you can bet that those 1% are all going to show up on this forum. Account sharing occurs amongst active players not casual players. They won't let the issue die quietly.

Outside of the US, I would say it's common for people to use a VPN. A lot of countries have internet censorship or are content restricted based on region.

You can't use IP addresses to ban for account sharing, since I could legitimately use a different connection throughout the day.

You can't use device IDs since I could use different devices throughout the day to play also. e.g. I use my tablet at home, my phone when I'm on the road.

Similarly you can't ban accounts that have the same device IDs logging into it, those could be the same person with multiple accounts.

Realistically, you could use machine learning algorithms to identify patterns of behaviour that indicate account sharing.

The question is.. do I want Kabam to spend their time developing ways to combat account sharing or do I want them to fix bugs and create new content?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Not ideal but you could limit the amount of times you can log out an back in with a kabam ID to like once every 8 hrs on your account. This would drastically reduce piloting an still give people with multiple accounts time to play them
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    The takes man power, resources, CASH in the end to implement. It makes them no money. End of story lol. Won't happen.
  • Doomsday2144Doomsday2144 Posts: 21
    Though its banned people sell their accounts for money.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    TheDemon wrote: »

No it’s not. They can’t see from where we actually acces the game. It’s really easy to make it look like I’m somewhere else. Using VPN is allowed, but with what you’re saying, it would get you banned.

That's not entirely true you know, they do mostly know where your account is and when you do certain things and the timezone and in some cases undo them.

They've said numerous times as well and have said they have their ways of tracking us and keeping watch over us and the cheaters.
  • @Lj2play_ they could never do it. It's extremely common place to acc share for an alliance mate during an emergency especially during map 6. By enforcing the TOS Kabam would lose most of their funding as at least 95% of top alliances have done it before. It's just not realistic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    Though its banned people sell their accounts for money.
    That's not just "banned". It's also illegal.
    My view on it is I don't care who it is, what they spend, or how many do it. Cheating is cheating. Account Sharing is cheating.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    I would never account share because whose to say that the person you give access to your account won't screw you over..sell all of your champs etc...too risky I'm but good luck to the ones who are bold to do such..lol
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    As other members have said, most people who claim to know how companies (e.g., YouTube, Facebook) are able to monitor how and where people use their services really have no idea how this is done. It's far easier to do so than most people think.
    edited February 2018
    They know who is doing what. They have ways of detecting behaviour. While they haven't disclosed those ways, it doesn't really do much to speculate how. If anyone is going to break the rules with the thought that they won't be able to tell in mind, best of luck to them when they do catch up with them. Lol. Bottom line is it's agaisnt the rules. Let's face it. It's the Internet. Nothing is hidden. Subsequently, I wouldn't take it to the other extreme and be paranoid. It's pretty simple. If we're respecting the rules, we have nothing to worry about.