**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Green Goblin: Trial of the Heart

I'm running into real problems here. Any suggestions on Expert level? He regens way too quick.

Comments

• ScotchScotch Posts: 24
    I had Ultron x-23 and cable. I used vision for all 3 his power drain/heal block helps a lot. Just try to time them with the arc overload timer. Other than that I guess you'd need a heavy damage dealer. Starlord would overpower him eventually if you get a long enough streak
  • RSoxNo1RSoxNo1 Posts: 43
    I've got Star lord but the AI isn't aggressive enough. Green Goblin is far too difficult relative to the rest of this content. He is literally 10x more difficult than anyone else in any of these challenges.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    RSoxNo1 wrote: »
    I've got Star lord but the AI isn't aggressive enough. Green Goblin is far too difficult relative to the rest of this content. He is literally 10x more difficult than anyone else in any of these challenges.

Bugged Mordo on mesmerize is much harder.

For GG, heal block? Odd combo DV or other ability reducer to halt the overdrive? Guilly?

Only Iceman really stopped Mordo. You have options.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★

Maybe figuratively 10x worse, but definitely not literally
    Looks like champs with ability accuracy reduction are the way to go. I got Green Goblin on the Trial of the Infinite and had to bail for not bringing a useful enough champ to fight him, and today on Trial of the Heart I ran into the same thing.
  • Nemsa_M4nNemsa_M4n Posts: 97
    I used void. He made it very easy
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

If you have SL this should be easy. You'll out damage his regen if you're good enough.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I used a r5 4* GR, and he absolutely destroyed all of my opponents (Ultron, IP, Cable). Get your MLLLL / MLLLM combos up, then use a SP1 to seal fate, then push to SP3 for another seal fate, then do a heavy to get your regen up, and just slap them around.
    Kestrelle wrote: »

With the team that I brought (Wolverine, Guillotine, Gwenpool, Iceman, Star Lord) he's at least 10x worse. Admittedly part of the problem is I'm not as used to fighting Green Goblin, but the combination of massive regen, passive AI, and the inability to attack after his L1, L2 and Heavy make this a particularly challenging fight.

I also don't have Blade, Archangel or Dr. Voodoo which seem to be the obvious answers here. I suspect Black Widow will be on my team for these going forward. I've used too many resources to get 300 five star shards, I'll be exiting out of this one as well.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    I used doc oc, but was wondering who else would be viable - so good thread.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

With the team that I brought (Wolverine, Guillotine, Gwenpool, Iceman, Star Lord) he's at least 10x worse. Admittedly part of the problem is I'm not as used to fighting Green Goblin, but the combination of massive regen, passive AI, and the inability to attack after his L1, L2 and Heavy make this a particularly challenging fight.

I also don't have Blade, Archangel or Dr. Voodoo which seem to be the obvious answers here. I suspect Black Widow will be on my team for these going forward. I've used too many resources to get 300 five star shards, I'll be exiting out of this one as well.

GUILLOTINE!!!!!
  • buttersbutters Posts: 116
    Hyperion back him into a corner and stack furies and spam Sp2. I knocked him out in 24 hits with a 4*
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

How is this even possible not to win with Guilly?? Just hit one L2 and it's over. Seriously how?

How is this even possible not to win with Guilly?? Just hit one L2 and it's over. Seriously how?
    The AI isn't aggressive. You need at least two hits and you have to be aggressive which leads to mistakes.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

The AI isn't aggressive. You need at least two hits and you have to be aggressive which leads to mistakes.
    Not impossible. I used her. You just have to time your L2 properly. Fire it in a Combo but don't waste time. I had Ultron, Wolvie, and Cable. Lol. Hulk can counter the Damage as well.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★

It takes a little more than 1 hit of the s2. You have to get a little luck and hit him two or three times with it. Or I did that with my 4/40.
    I ended up doing it with Star-Lord but it was unnecessarily annoying.
    I ended up doing it with Star-Lord but it was unnecessarily annoying.
    That's the Arc Overload. Yeah it's a pain, but it just takes some thinking.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    CB also works against him.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Yondu is helpful here.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    I had GG last week, and he was the most difficult fight all week, since I forgot to take Guillotine and don't have awakened AA. Civil Warrior took him out in the end.

Mesmerise + Bane is annoying, true; but you can just let Bane do most of the work for you.
    I had GG last week, and he was the most difficult fight all week, since I forgot to take Guillotine and don't have awakened AA. Civil Warrior took him out in the end.

Mesmerise + Bane is annoying, true; but you can just let Bane do most of the work for you.

Brought my AA in but he did little against the Ultron. XD
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    I did it with sparky. It wasn't easy because I had to keep 10 charges the whole time and time my sp2 when he didn't have arc overload. Took awhile but I got through him.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I used stark spidey. Build up charges and used taunt to bait specials. Was a quick fight.

Guilotine as a 3*could do it if you can dodge that l1 and l2.

AA blocks healing when awakened in 4 neurotoxins (or 3 if you are sig level 47 plus.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    AA wipes the floor with Green Goblin. Parry-heavy-repeat = Complete in 26 hits. That being said, AA has to be awakened for it to work because his sig ability grants heal block to his neurotoxins.

Other viable options:
    Guilly SP2
    Starlord (crazy hit streak)
    Yondu (spam SP1)
    Vision (heal block via SP1)
    Civil Warrior
    Hood (stagger)
    Dr Voodoo (not 100% on his mechanics)
    Scarlet Witch

Loki and Rogue can steal the arc overload via their SP1, but it would still be a crazy long fight.
  • Vis123456789Vis123456789 Posts: 69
    This wa sthe easiest by far. Just get gullotine to sp2 and watch their life dwindle. Just remember to bait their sp2s first.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I used AA on him last week and didn’t have much trouble, I used doc ock this time and was able to keep him power locked so that made it easy. If you don’t have to wait out his specials then his regen isn’t so bad.

His specials seem to take an unnecessarily long amount of time, and you can’t dash in right after, so I can see why you’re having trouble without power lock.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I used blade with GR synergy. It was pretty easy.