What happened? Block not working

UndeadProphetUndeadProphet Member Posts: 1,063
edited February 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Just wasted all my revives on glad hulk in master because I can’t block AT ALL.

WAS NOT BELOWN 25%

Comments

• Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Member Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    I know your pain as the same thing happened to me yesterday, I was beating his ass then that's when some bs happened when he was low health.

Then the frustration set in my champs just stop blocking properly or they were just dropping them or just getting blown through, after reviving more bs happened died numerous times after and I got really frustrated but eventually beat him

Seems like I'm not the only one, some people in my alliance were also having issues with him in master.
  • Ayushk12Ayushk12 Member Posts: 153
    Block isnt working properly since yesterday. Lost two champs to a symboid today in aq because of this :/
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    @Darkstar4387 that is the node he is on, he becomes unblockable below 25%, op was saying it’s happening before he gets there.
    I’m having problems with dropped blocks in general
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Member Posts: 161
    Same herethe game is unplayable for me.
    edited February 2018
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    @Darkstar4387 that is the node he is on, he becomes unblockable below 25%, op was saying it’s happening before he gets there.
    I’m having problems with dropped blocks in general

It's not just that though, before I got to him I had some issues (might have had problems before he reached that point but pretty ticked off so don't remember) and in other threads I mentioned that I've been having issues with blocking to in general for awhile not just in master.

I do remember in trials of the infinite expert I had mad issues that mad me to smash my phone because they would not block or they would just drop them

In aw my Angela couldn't seem to block anything at all or move properly, in aq I've been having problems with blocking, in other quests I've been having problems with blocking.

Dropped blocks, broken blocks, won't block, blocks getting torn through, getting stuck in my blocks, can't move after blocking specials etc

• DarcilisDarcilis Member Posts: 54
    Out of curiosity, what device are you using? I am having similar issues and I play on an Android.
    Darcilis wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what device are you using? I am having similar issues and I play on an Android.

Android here
  • deiracefan3cardeiracefan3car Member Posts: 4
    I need support from the game team. Now I am losing fights because of this, as I'm attacking all of a sudden my fighter is running backwards. I even have taken my left hand completely off my tablet, yet its happening again and again. In all modes.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    Same happened to me in aw this morning
  • FreakydFreakyd Member Posts: 206
    Just did expert daily n could barely get a block in the whole run. Expert trial was fine, no problems.
  • FreakydFreakyd Member Posts: 206
    Ive had this plus other problems since may. In a week or so it will have improved again, then just when you think you're on a roll the update comes n the game is unplayable again. My game is worse when AQ n war are on together but dunno. Just finished master n it not as big a problem. Just the odd champ won't move or SL goes kamikaze.
  • JuvedmJuvedm Member Posts: 31
    I been having the same issue since yesterday AQ was awful it was like I was just there taking their hits
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    I’m using Apple iPhone 8+. No issues with any other game I play. Just this one.

I also am using the 8+
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Member Posts: 287 ★★
    So many broken blocks this aq 🤦‍♂️..

Netmarble need to leave this game
  • mespadamespada Member Posts: 59
    im running through uncollected now. glad hulk has been the toughest fight so far
    So many broken blocks this aq 🤦‍♂️..

Netmarble need to leave this game

I don't think it's netmarble though, I've been playing some of their other games and I've had none of these issues and they actually apologize to the player base and give compansation and improve the games. I've never played transformers but I also never heard of that game having anywhere near as many issues as this one.

It else seems like something else is going on, like all of the good ones got reassigned somewhere else and we're left with unskilled programers who dont seem to know what they're doing.

Since it really only seems to be this game where the quality and stability have dropped exponentially for some reason besides them being bought out by netmarble
  • SomethingsomeSomethingsome Member Posts: 176
    The game is broken, and kabam is JUST FINE with that, it makes them money. They don't care about these glitches and there is a super easy way to prove it: any glitch discovered that works in the player's favor is IMMEDIATELY squashed, otherwise it will remain unaddressed OR, when they get around to fixing it, break another mechanic as compensation. It's all a money grab that is getting really tiresome. What happened to the days where game quality was an actual thing? Now companys in general push out garbage without proper testing and then patch it on the fly (kabam is probably one of the worst at doing this as the game has been fundamentally broken for almost two years now). I would rather deal with companies like blizzard that take their time and make damn sure their games are ready before releasing them. Unfortunately, kabam is not the only company guilty of these abhorrent tactics, but they are definitely one of the bigger offenders.

Simple solution, don't spend any money on the game unless it works, simple as that. Your money is all they listen to.

Because people can't control their impulses and spend anyway, kabam has no real incentive to give a damn.
  • JstewJstew Member Posts: 46
    edited February 2018
    Darcilis wrote: »

Android here

IPad Air here, same issues, and I spend no more until this game works properly.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Member Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Yes, it IS a problem. it is NOT user error.
    I made a video, and you can see my presses on screen, on the LEFT side, I am holding block, but, instead they attack.

nix49ve76enj.gif
  • BobomanBoboman Member Posts: 716 ★★
    The game is 3 years old and they have another game that 1 year old if look at there forums there is not many bug complaints but here there is a bunch. Now ask yourself did Kabam give up on this community found out in the next Dragon Ball Z episode.
  • BahamutBahamut Member Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Just wasted all my revives on glad hulk in master because I can’t block AT ALL.

WAS NOT BELOWN 25%

Dude, where have you been the past few months? It’s been like this for awhile lol
  • tHEgURu85tHEgURu85 Member Posts: 10
    Gameplay has actually been good a while for me now, until this morning when I tried to finish my war path. Dexterity, block, and parry was completely broken. Now I see why alliance potions are on sale. Good one kabam...
  • SomethingsomeSomethingsome Member Posts: 176
    Not to mention I made a rookie mistake and asked for help in arena, I instantly regretted it as the fight completely locked up for about 3 secs before moving again because someone gave me help. Why are you even processing that **** during a fight? Let it update when the fight is over. Terrible programming is what it boils down to.

If I skip requesting help, no lag whatsoever.

Are you guys just script kiddies playing copy/paste with code written by someone else? Because you make some really odd choices on how you process stuff.

Yesterday for about 10 minutes, I couldn't block for the life of me...and was getting pummeled in arena by opponents half my rating (I was over the hump and just had easy fights then on) and it then returned to normal. Code usually doesn't work that way, so I'm thinking your method calls or pings back to the servers are to blame. There should be NO communication to the network during a fight, only before it starts to register the fight began, and after the fight to report the statistics (if the fight is interrupted for any reason, the network would be able to resume it from the beginning, when you rejoin because it didn't get the returned info, simple). I'd wager you have stuff reporting back and forth DURING the fight that's causing all these problems. BUT, because you have almost no transparency on these issues, all we can do is assume you are grossly incompetent.