**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Flat values and SL‘s Sig ability

G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,434 ★★★★
edited February 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Hey Folks...

So we have been used to the flat value system for quite a while now, but there are still some questions in my head...

We know that, at the end of the day, these flat values actually represent a percentage. This is the reason why Rogue’s healing on SP1 is much higher on nodes with increased attack... (I believe the node is called “flare”?)

Now here’s my dilemma: Currently, my strongest champ ist Star Lord. That’s why I would like to build my masteries, synergies etc. around his sig ability. But I have no Idea how it reacts to such changes...

So let’s say, his signature ability increases the attack by 100 for each hit on the combo-meter... These are my questions:

1. Is this increased by Boosts? (E.g. 130 per hit on the combo meter, if you activate a greater champion boost)

2. Is this increased by Masteries? (E.g. 160 per hit on the combo meter, if you activate suicides)

3. Is it increased by Synergies? (E.g. 106 per hit on the combo meter, of the synergy grants +6% attack)

If the answer to all of the above is NO, then Attack-Boosts, Attack-Synergies and Attack-Masteries would be a total waste for Star-Lord and resources could be used otherwise...

Not complaining, just want to know... :)

Comments

• Hey Cihag, I've moved this thread over to the Strategy and Tips section of the forum.
  • BreakoutBreakout Posts: 35
    no, it all adds on top of your base attack. say you have 1000 base attack, you use masteries to raise it by 15% and you use a 30% booster, so it ends up at 1450 attack.

now lets say your sign ability increases your attack by 100 each hit, after 10 hits its 1450+1000=2450
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,434 ★★★★
    Hey Cihag, I've moved this thread over to the Strategy and Tips section of the forum.

Thanks @kabam porthos
    But imho it is not about a specific strategy or about any tips, but rather a question about how the game functions... Therefore, could you move it back to general?

And while you’re at it: Do you have the answer to the question? :D
    Breakout wrote: »
    no, it all adds on top of your base attack. say you have 1000 base attack, you use masteries to raise it by 15% and you use a 30% booster, so it ends up at 1450 attack.

now lets say your sign ability increases your attack by 100 each hit, after 10 hits its 1450+1000=2450

Thank... well this is understood... But the 100 attack increase from the sig ability are actually a percentage of the attack (same with Rogue’s healing, as shown above)...

So theoretically, any increase of the attack, should also increase the attack-increas from the sig ability... Right?

Otherwise, boosts would be absolutely neglectable for Star-Lord...
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    The boosts only increase your starting point and have no impact on the signature ability gain. So they do have value as they create a higher attack base for the signature ability to increase.
    Fluffy wrote: »
    The boosts only increase your starting point and have no impact on the signature ability gain. So they do have value as they create a higher attack base for the signature ability to increase.

This is so sad, I am not losing hope and will wait till a Mod confirms... :(

I mean, the sig is somewhere around 5% per hit. So the 45% as described above (30% boost, 15% synergies) can be achieved after a 10 hit combo... After 20, 30, 40 hits, the effect of boosts and synergies is barely noticable...

• colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    I still find SL a great champion and I still dont have as a 3 star.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Cihag wrote: »

I mean, the sig is somewhere around 5% per hit. So the 45% as described above (30% boost, 15% synergies) can be achieved after a 10 hit combo... After 20, 30, 40 hits, the effect of boosts and synergies is barely noticable...

Correct, but it depends on the match. If you were facing the Collector that extra boost to attack at start actually helps as it is less likely that you will reach high combos with him (unless you have a 4/55 duped 5*). Or in war where you have a time limit the boost actually can be nice going against the boss.
    I still find SL a great champion and I still dont have as a 3 star.
    I absolutely agree! Don’t get me wrong, I love my Star-Lord, which is why I took him to 5/65 with no regrets! (This, and because he is the only Rank 5 Option in my roster, and because I hadn’t done a single path in LOL, before I had him at 5/65...)

I was just hoping that I could get EVEN MORE damage output, but it seems I was a little bit too greedy... ^^
    Thawnim wrote: »
    Cihag wrote: »

Correct, but it depends on the match. If you were facing the Collector that extra boost to attack at start actually helps as it is less likely that you will reach high combos with him (unless you have a 4/55 duped 5*). Or in war where you have a time limit the boost actually can be nice going against the boss.

Yes, you might be right... also, when going for a legends run, those boosts and suicide masteries will still help out to speed up the short fights at the beginning and save valuable time... so there are still useful areas to use the attack boosts... At least I know that I won’t be needing any attack boosts when using SL in LOL... :)