**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Modok parry mid combo bug.. WITH VIDEO

This is a debuff immune mini in aw teir 2.. as you can see it's quite annoying as he's already an annoying champion to fight.. I'm pretty sure this bug will not be fixed in the next couple updates as it brings in a lot of kills and money... we're the ones who gets the short end of the stick 😒😒
https://youtu.be/aYVXLyBnffs

Comments

• Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Fought miniboss, same thing.
  • Options
    This isn’t a bug. When you broke his force field (watch for the blue icon that goes down) you continued to punch, this is when modok went to block and you got parried. If you stop your combo when you see the icon go down, you will never get parried.

For Kabam, can you change the force field icon to something that’s easy to distinguish? It’s gets lost next to immunity and energy resistance icon. It should be easily visible so people can avoid this weird game mechanic.
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    This isn’t a bug. When you broke his force field (watch for the blue icon that goes down) you continued to punch, this is when modok went to block and you got parried. If you stop your combo when you see the icon go down, you will never get parried.

For Kabam, can you change the force field icon to something that’s easy to distinguish? It’s gets lost next to immunity and energy resistance icon. It should be easily visible so people can avoid this weird game mechanic.

They did in fact already confirm this was a bug and were working on a fix for patch 17.1. A force field block should not be considered part of a different combo while an attacker is still in a singular combo of their own. Let's just accept that this will be fixed and will hopefully actually go through with the next update.
  • Options
    Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    @F4k3_GaM3r just about to post on this. Just had this rubbish happen to me in AW twice costing me a solo. Fix this if AW Seasons is gonna be legit. Don’t let bugs and money determine outcomes.
  • Options

As ultimatheory explained, basically it is like saying any other champion can block during your combo and parry you (medusa obviously to exception has auto-block, but modok does not). This does not happen, it should not happen while fighting modok, and kabam stated they were going to fix it.

In a sense it goes against the general mechanics of the game i.e. if the first hit of a special attack hits, then subsequent hits will hit also (remember being able to evade the 2nd part of loki's sp2 even when tagged by the first part = was broken, now fixed; or DD classic evading the second part of iceman's sp2 even though the first part tagged = was broken, then fixed).

But you are correct in saying backing off when hitting modoks red shield will bypass this bug. I learned the hardway by eating a combo, but after that it was not too bad, just a more annoying, longer fight (fought him basically the same way I fight medusas)
  • Options
    Yes they did but it may have been after 17.0 so we most likely will be shafted until 18.0.