**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War season tier

If we’re in gold now, that means we can (for this season) not reach platinum or go below gold for this season? Correct?

Comments

• Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    No. You go up or down depending on how you do in wars. If you suck really bad in your next war, your gonna go down
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    Down? Like down below gold? I don’t think so. I think it’s like the AQ. Whatever tier you’re in at the time that’s the one you’re in till that 5day AQ is over. If you don’t do 1 AQ for that week, you’ll get the lowest reward in that tier. Then you’ll drop down the following week.
    No you can go down if you lose a war. I know this because I lost a war and went from silver 1 to silver 2
    @Sac123_

I know yo can move between colors. I know I can move from gold tier 1 to gold tier 2 to gold tier 3. But can we move from gold to platinum or gold to silver within a season?
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    I wondered the same. Thanks for this post OP.
    Oh sorry yes you can move between brackets
    Kabam?
    Here @Kabam Miike can you move between brackets in an aw season
    sp67g2hgycsm.png

Judging by this picture, it would seem that YES awe could move from gold/silver/platinum and so on in one season. We’re at 700+ gold 1. If we keep winning we could potentially reach platinum
  • Sac123_ wrote: »
    No you can go down if you lose a war. I know this because I lost a war and went from silver 1 to silver 2

Whether you go up or down in brackets is due to how many points you score relative to the competition, not directly on whether you win or lose. It is certainly possible to drop a bracket if you lose a war. But it is also possible to drop a bracket after winning a war - if enough alliances also won and scored more points than you. In fact, if you choose to fight one battlegroup wars constantly you could win every war and keep falling lower and lower in bracket as alliances that lose a war with three battlegroups overtake you on the seasonal leaderboard.

The brackets don't mean anything until the end of the season. Until the end of the season no one is stuck in those brackets: they are just artificial dividers between different seasonal ranks.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Your position is based on points. You can drop or go up in brackets after every war. You’re not in that bracket for a week. That doesn’t make sense