**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 5* Crystal Change Clarification

2»

Comments

• GreenElf21GreenElf21 Posts: 36
    Just to bump this again, anyone have thoughts on this?

The best chances to get (5*) Venom are in the basic crystal in July?

So 2 chances at the basic will have greater odds than 1 sub-featured?
  • GOT_BOOSTGOT_BOOST Posts: 24
    spumington wrote: »
    BrutalDLX wrote: »
    Follow-up question... Will the Nisanti Crystal contain the extended basic pool (i.e. Ultron, Gambit, Mordo, etc...) after May 30th?

Miike answered this somewhere else. The crystal changes will occur on June 8, starting with whatever featured crystal launches that day. Any crystals before June 8 (even June 7 at 11:59pm) won't contain the updated champions. I'm not sure what time so I'd probably just hold off until June 9 to be safe.

That's wrong information @spumington
    You're referring to the new changes regarding a sub featured pool. That wasn't his question.

@BrutalDLX the extended basic pool will be in effect May 30th, POST server maintenance.
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57/new-5-star-champion-addition-and-changes-to-5-star-featured-hero-crystals#latest

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Why not just wait till it's announced that "New Champs have been added to Basic and Sub Featured Pools" before spending your shards?
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    GOT_BOOST wrote: »
    spumington wrote: »
    BrutalDLX wrote: »
    Follow-up question... Will the Nisanti Crystal contain the extended basic pool (i.e. Ultron, Gambit, Mordo, etc...) after May 30th?

Miike answered this somewhere else. The crystal changes will occur on June 8, starting with whatever featured crystal launches that day. Any crystals before June 8 (even June 7 at 11:59pm) won't contain the updated champions. I'm not sure what time so I'd probably just hold off until June 9 to be safe.

That's wrong information @spumington
    You're referring to the new changes regarding a sub featured pool. That wasn't his question.

@BrutalDLX the extended basic pool will be in effect May 30th, POST server maintenance.
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57/new-5-star-champion-addition-and-changes-to-5-star-featured-hero-crystals#latest

My bad. Thanks for the correction. I'll probably wait until June 9 anyway.
  • GOT_BOOSTGOT_BOOST Posts: 24
    xNig wrote: »
    Why not just wait till it's announced that "New Champs have been added to Basic and Sub Featured Pools" before spending your shards?

Because those are 2 separate events....
    New champs in Basic pool = may 30th (post maintenance)
    Sub Feature pool added = June 8th
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    GreenElf21 wrote: »

I think the biggest issue is that you still have to buy the 15k crystal to go for the sub-featured. I can't be bothered to do the math, but it seems to me that if Venom was my goal and I had, let's say 30k crystals saved up, I'd rather wait for him to be added to the 10k crystal in July and get 3 chances, than only get 2 chances on the 15k crystal, which you'd have to "buy" between June 8th and before whatever date in July they add Venom to the 10k crystal.

The sub-featured pool is going to be rather large at first. After several months, it will get smaller and smaller, but as Venom is the first champ switching to Basic, I think your odds are going to better on the 10k crystal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    FPC3 wrote: »
    GreenElf21 wrote: »

I think the biggest issue is that you still have to buy the 15k crystal to go for the sub-featured. I can't be bothered to do the math, but it seems to me that if Venom was my goal and I had, let's say 30k crystals saved up, I'd rather wait for him to be added to the 10k crystal in July and get 3 chances, than only get 2 chances on the 15k crystal, which you'd have to "buy" between June 8th and before whatever date in July they add Venom to the 10k crystal.

The sub-featured pool is going to be rather large at first. After several months, it will get smaller and smaller, but as Venom is the first champ switching to Basic, I think your odds are going to better on the 10k crystal.

Logically that seems like it makes sense.
    If you wait for Venom to be included in the Basic, it will be a 1 in 42 chance. That's appx. 2%. You would have 3 chances at 2%.

If you buy the Featured, chances are presumably greater. Some have hypothesized that it is 20%. I don't know, but I'll use that as an example. If the Featured is 20% and the Subfeatured is less than that, let's say 5%, that's more. 75% chance of a Basic. However that's 5% chance to get a Subfeatured, with the factor of getting 1 out of the number of Subfeatured. So it's less than 5%. These are just estimates, but it amounts to 2 chances at a lower rate. Going for the Subfeatured is best as a consolation prize, rather than a goal, as I see it.