**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Admitted cheating

So, I'm gonna assume the thread about an admitted cheater were deleted because they named the player.
So let's not do this here.

I'd like to know if kabam is going to follow the rules they themselves created and take action on this player. I'd also like to know if they're going to investigate further as the claim was made that "nearly all top alliances do this regularly" in the same video.

It's time to apply rules evenly to all alliances and players. The changes to alliance wars really make this point hit home imo. It's unfair that alliances know they are breaking rules yet still continue to get top rewards. As I stated before, this is way too similar to the rewards exploit in an event quest a few months ago. Players knew what they were doing was wrong, yet continued so they could get more rewards. Breaking the rules in alliance quest and alliance wars (for no telling how many months/years) is even worse than event quest because it is a competitive part of the game. Someone getting more rewards from an event quest doesn't effect other players directly, while breaking the rules during aq/aw effects every player negatively and prevents dedicated rules followers from moving up the ladder and gaining better rewards.

Please do something about this kabam. Stand by your rules and apply then evenly across the board.

Comments

• SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Are you talking about Voldemort?
    (We can just refer to him as Voldemort...or "he who must not be named")
    ....great, now I just called out Voldemort...
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »

He who must not be banned* according to people on here
  • There may actually be a player named that... So I'll just skip names altogether and call him the admitted cheater because that's what he is. Let's apply the rules to the admitted cheater as the rules have been applied to cheaters in the past. And let's investigate the rest as well. It's time to make ppl follow the rules.
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    Solswerd wrote: »

He who must not be banned* according to people on here

Well played sir, well played

(bows)
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The issue at hand is greater than this one measly player. If they decide to ban said player for TOS violation of account sharing, they need to identify and ban all other players who violated the TOS for the same said reason. This one said player brought to light a huge issue in the game right now and this is the perfect time for Kabam to issue the ban hammer. But it should not be against 1 player only, it should be against all or none.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    What kabam need, in my opinion, to do is put out a statement explicitly saying that they know how many alliances account share, they realise that they cannot simply ban everyone at once due to the impact on the game and they will from now on, without fail, ban anyone who account shares. They should say that there will be a grace week from this announcement and from (for example) 24th of February anyone who shares their account will be banned.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    I’m thinking they won’t ban this person because he will cause a social media uproar.
  • The one who must not be named should be banned
  • I'd be happy with a measured response. Temp bans, take away ill-gotten rewards (as they have done in the past), and tier down those alliances. Make a statement that rule breaking is not tolerated and that they will be watchful for more of it. Then watch the leader board shake up. If they can't get there and stay there without cheating, they shouldn't be there and shouldn't be getting those rewards. There's no excuse you can make for it. No regular player is allowed to cheat simply because "they didn't have the time".
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    You are also forgetting that Kabam is a business in what world would it be a smart business practice to cut off its major revenue stream by in this instance the whales of MCOC.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    If Kabam bans everyone who has violated TOS then this game will collapse. The portion of the player base that keeps this game running with purchases won’t be playing anymore. This game will be a lot less competitive and generate no revenue so Kabam won’t be able to keep making content
  • Lol

The time u guys waste complaining about nothing people getting banned for account sharing?Really?So if my friend comes over to my house and plays videogames on my console/computer/phone under my name on said network i should be banned from the network?you gotta be kidding me right?that us hilarious you guys gotta get better hobbies.
This discussion has been closed.