**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Degeneration, Dormammu and kabam's greed!

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
So it seems that there is no champ in the whole game that can counter degeneration.
Not AV, KG or any ability accuracy reduction. Not even Quake!
I just tried them on that Dormammu in 535 power reserve path and noone counters it!

now seeing how kabam making bane is greedy as it is, but Dormammu is literally a straight up money stealing, greed hungry of a champ that can never be countered and kills you right away no mater how good you are!
Oh and if you think a regen champ can counter it, well there is Wolverine or X23 who might be able to deal with it but with cornered 200%, power reserve, 50% less damage and degen that deals 350 damage per tick every time you evade it would be suicide just to try using them!!!

Kabam are you gonna fix it or in act 6 you're gonna make an entire map of maxed 6* Dormammus???!!!
Post edited by Kabam Pistachio on

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Dormammu degen is a passive ability, not a debuff.
    Also in that node, use Ronan or a champion with 100% chance to stun on special 1. Keep spamming it and you will eventually defeat him without losing HP
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Stun lock
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    F4k3_GaM3r wrote: »
    Use a magik.. problem solved anywhere.. aw boss. Aq boss.. quests.. have a magik and perfect intercept skills? Then its not a problem

Yeah my Magik CAN do it but she still takes damage and I kinda need her for the rest of the path cause Dormat is just the first champ.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Strategic wrote: »
    So it seems that there is no champ in the whole game that can counter degeneration.
    I just tried them on that BS Dormammu in 535 power reserve path and noone counters it!

now seeing how kabam making bane is greedy AF as it is, but Dormammu is literally a straight up money stealing, greed hungry BS of a champ that can never be countered and kills you right away no mater how good you are!
    Oh and if you think a regen champ can counter it, well there is Wolverine or X23 who might be able to deal with it but with cornered 200%, power reserve, 50% less damage and degen that deals 350 damage per tick every time you evade it would be suicide just to try using them!!!

Kabam are you gonna fix your **** or in act 6 you're gonna make an entire map of maxed 6* Dormammus???!!!

i think you are playing above your level

Seeing how I completed act 5 and 100% last uncollected event with only 1 revive in uncollected thanks to the very "stable and not buggy at all game" I think my level is quite good.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Magik, Hulk, Ronan
  • They're bringing out or buffing champs to deal with him and mystic wars in general, blade and gladiator hulk smash him and the recent update to red hulk and Luke Cage might also work against him(although I haven't tested them)
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Power control champions and shallow evading make Dormammu very manageable in pretty much all areas of the contest
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    I just tried them on that BS Dormammu in 535 power reserve path and noone counters it!

now seeing how kabam making bane is greedy AF as it is, but Dormammu is literally a straight up money stealing, greed hungry BS of a champ that can never be countered and kills you right away no mater how good you are!

Kabam are you gonna fix your **** or in act 6 you're gonna make an entire map of maxed 6* Dormammus???!!!

RagHulk. Hard counter for Dorm. I solo Dorm war bosses in tier 1 without boosts, lose less then 40% health and have over 1 minute left on the timer.

I have vids...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,979 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

i think you are playing above your level

Seeing how I completed act 5 and 100% last uncollected event with only 1 revive in uncollected thanks to the very "stable and not buggy at all game" I think my level is quite good.

Congradulations??? Im not sure what you have to complain about. Its not like every path in act 5 is those nodes. If you are concerned about it, use power control champs. If you did that lane, great, now you dont have to do it again. Its a game. Act 5 is meant to be hard. For the rewards you get, its worth it.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    If you're talking about a counter champ for Dormammu's degen, there is one champ that's close to that. It's Hulk Ragnarok. In normal fight and in AW. he is very useful and can easily win against Dormammu. However, against Dormammu on Power Reserve node, you need another champ.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    Power control champions and shallow evading make Dormammu very manageable in pretty much all areas of the contest

That video is irrelevant, AQ Dorm doesn't trigger the degen

But anyways, in act 5, what actually causes the degen? Is it dodging, or stun or beneficial effects? Let me know thanks
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Blade use the 3* one
  • LittleYinYinLittleYinYin Posts: 69
    I use my magik instead of blade to resolve power reserve Dormammu
  • Hulk Ragnarok actually directly counters dormamu degen by activating "face me". Increased att, a taunt and -70% damage taken from any source while it's active
    The vid is irrelevant AQ dorm doesn't have the degen effect
    What actually causes the degen??? Does anyone know
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Cranmer00 wrote: »
    What actually causes the degen??? Does anyone know

Expiring buffs. Dexterity is a buff so it feeds MD and causes Dorm's degeneration.
  • DevilwingDevilwing Posts: 24
    You would want degen when you use hulk rag fighting against dormmamu
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    The same champ lots of people want nerfed lowers the probability to get degen
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    High sig magik is still best imo, you should have limbo up most the time in the sp2 cycle and then you regen the degen.
    Boboman wrote: »
    Blade use the 3* one

The 58% ability reduction with spark eventually runs out because of the way the chance to degen increases as time passes so NO DO NOT use a 3* blade you will die eventually.

Magik and hulk rags are the best counters in the game at the moment.
    I'll just take off dexterity to fight em through that I suppose
  • _D3aThY__D3aThY_ Posts: 9
    Dormammu has a new counter - BISHOP he kicks his ass
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    I couldn't help but notice that Kabam pistachio edited the OP...... so they'll edit posts but not respond to them.
    How "open and communicative".
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Why would they respond to what is basically something the mods can't say anything about other than 'there are ways to beat him'?
    I'm sure the OP got moderated because while it is something the community can comment on, language in it wasn't quite up to par with forum guidelines.

Dorm is nasty, no arguments there, but there are ways to fight him and not get hammered with degen. Certain non-self buff champs can do it, and even dexterity can be avoided in many cases by pre-emptive evasion.
    Not saying it's not a hard fight at all, but claiming greed, when revives and heals and the like are readily available is also a stretch in my opinion. Nobody makes you buy those. You choose to do that. I am more likely to go and svae up resources before doing hard(er) content. I know, silly me..
  • I one shot him using Medusa and a cosmic boost brought from the store using loyalty chips where it resorted 150% of power when using sp1 or sp2. Hardest part is gettig to the sp2 but once there’s is pretty easy, just rinse and repeat. Also don’t take any team mates with synergies as you don’t want the degen starting because of exited buffs.
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    How has a discussion from February resurfaced in October