**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War mismatch

How does a simple 1.8 mil alliance get matched up against a 5.2 mil alliance in war....seriously?
This is the first time I've personally seen a mismatch of this magnitude.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    xxVINMANxx wrote: »
    How does a simple 1.8 mil alliance get matched up against a 5.2 mil alliance in war....seriously?
    This is the first time I've personally seen a mismatch of this magnitude.

That's intense but it happens. The default is to go by War Rating. It all depends on who is trying to match at that time. The computer tries to match one close to the Rating/Average Rating/War Rating. If none are available in those factors, the closest War Rating is the default. Those are my findings.
  • xxVINMANxxxxVINMANxx Posts: 23
    Intense indeed. Seems the matchmaking needs some tweaks.
    The only area we are close in is war rating.
    Everything else is a complete landslide in their favor.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    xxVINMANxx wrote: »
    Intense indeed. Seems the matchmaking needs some tweaks.
    The only area we are close in is war rating.
    Everything else is a complete landslide in their favor.

Then that would explain it. The default. There must have been no closer options matching at that time.
  • TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    It does go by war rating. There are times when a higher rating alliance once in a while loses a war just to compensate for upcoming wars and get a certain win streak. If you keep pushing to win each war the opponents get immensely stronger. One of the alliance i used to be with had a rating of 6 mil but used to let go of a war so as to get a similar win streak next time. Anyone else seen this?

There are also cases where the rating of an alliance is masked. people sell of their 2* and few three stars to get the average rating of each member down. but their top champs are 5/50s or some 5* at r3 or r4.
  • My Alliance is only 514 with TAR of 603,711 with avg of 22539. Our current opponent is 514 with TAR of 2,189,497 and an average of 78,196. Even playing our best and them at their worst we can beat them... Something is out of balance for sure.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    The system is set to match alliances based on war rating, not on alliance rating. Knowing that you will get an unfair matchup occasionally. It stinks but do your best and just know the next war may be better.

Wars only net you extra shards. If it is not a winnable war then don't dump potions and revives into it once you hit the minimum exploration needed for rewards.