**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

SHIELD Tournament Round 4

Good morning, soldiers
We've wrapped up Round 4 and @Merek has a great breakdown of this round's unique challenge. Huge congrats to @A7007 , @Irked, THEDOCTOR, @PandamanPete , @DJSergy , @hwood1287 , @Merek , @Adzomatic , Evocool, BOSS, Paddy, and Son Goku. These summoners have done a great job at conquering each of the insane challenges we've set up for them. It's been a fun 4 rounds so far. We started with 64 players and are now down to just these 12. We feel their accomplishments deserve as many accolades as we can give them. We definitely don't make it easy on them haha.

This round was "no hits landed, survive as long as you can" using only certain 2* Champions versus beastly 5* aggressive Champs. I was very impressed with all of the submitted entries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dY6lRIh2mg

Give Merek a view if you don't mind. He's a great player with very informative videos and we greatly appreciate him both participating and reviewing our SHIELD Events. And try out the challenge for yourself if you think you can manage it. We're always open to new player joins, but it's a lot tougher than it sounds in the rules haha. And in the end, the goal is both fun and honing your battle skills. Merek's channel has his reviews of our other rounds as well... including a fight that will show that Punisher's L1 can be fully evaded (there was a post here yesterday about this exact special).

Also, @Ad0ra_ ... This is what I was describing. Round 5 is up and running now. We'll be finishing out this tournament before too long. In March, we'll be returning to our normal schedule of 3 weekly events with winners gaining entry to our March Monthly Champions Event. This will give us time to plan out a big April.

(salty people flagging a fun, extremely unique community based project that players really, really enjoy and that has tons of work and organization put into it in 3... 2... 1....)

Comments

• ArmyBratArmyBrat Posts: 87
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Good morning, soldiers
    We've wrapped up Round 4 and @Merek has a great breakdown of this round's unique challenge. Huge congrats to @A7007 , @Irked, THEDOCTOR, @PandamanPete , @DJSergy , @hwood1287 , @Merek , @Adzomatic , Evocool, BOSS, Paddy, and Son Goku. These summoners have done a great job at conquering each of the insane challenges we've set up for them. It's been a fun 4 rounds so far. We started with 64 players and are now down to just these 12. We feel their accomplishments deserve as many accolades as we can give them. We definitely don't make it easy on them haha.

This round was "no hits landed, survive as long as you can" using only certain 2* Champions versus beastly 5* aggressive Champs. I was very impressed with all of the submitted entries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dY6lRIh2mg

Give Merek a view if you don't mind. He's a great player with very informative videos and we greatly appreciate him both participating and reviewing our SHIELD Events. And try out the challenge for yourself if you think you can manage it. We're always open to new player joins, but it's a lot tougher than it sounds in the rules haha. And in the end, the goal is both fun and honing your battle skills. Merek's channel has his reviews of our other rounds as well... including a fight that will show that Punisher's L1 can be fully evaded (there was a post here yesterday about this exact special).

Also, @Ad0ra_ ... This is what I was describing. Round 5 is up and running now. We'll be finishing out this tournament before too long. In March, we'll be returning to our normal schedule of 3 weekly events with winners gaining entry to our March Monthly Champions Event. This will give us time to plan out a big April.

(salty people flagging a fun, extremely unique community based project that players really, really enjoy and that has tons of work and organization put into it in 3... 2... 1....)

You'd be better off hosting this through Youtube as a content creator or through a separate site. Aside from those that will flag the post, it will also inevitably get buried which will defeat the purpose of these challenges. Nice vid though.
  • Thanks! We host the events in one of our Line rooms designed specifically for the purpose. Players submit their videos to us for judging. It allows us to chat about things as well. That room has quickly become one of the better mcoc info rooms around because of the myriad of great players involved.

Merek is kind enough to do some videos covering our events, but we've been doing this for quite a while before he started participating. We do use a certain site for our tourney bracket, it's very helpful. But for the most part, Line albums and notes gets the job done efficiently. We (SHIELD) have a large group of mcoc related rooms from general info to recruiting and more.

These events are just an expansion of the games many players do from time to time in their alliances. We organized it and took it up many, many notches.

I don't know that it'd qualify for content creators as the YouTube side is mainly to highlight our players. I'd say it's more of a value add thing to the game in general. When we started, there was a lack of skill based challenges in game. Most of it felt like doing your chores. We decided to fix that. The game has changed for the better, definitely... But we've upped the stakes on our end as well... And ofc, there's in game prizes to be won haha
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    This tournament has been a lot of fun!
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    the challenges are fun and make you a better player. They take away your god tier champions, and give you an extreme handicap. It honestly creates a new level of game play that Kabam cannot offer.
  • MerekMerek Posts: 10
    Thanks for the shoutout! Been having a blast being a part of these challenges and 100% has raised the bar in my ability to play the game.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    Now I want to flag the post ,grrrr. .. 😂
  • Merek wrote: »
    Thanks for the shoutout! Been having a blast being a part of these challenges and 100% has raised the bar in my ability to play the game.

This is what's extremely cool to me.. When players that are far above my skill level and ripping thru LoL say they're learning things and improving because of these events.. And when lower ranked players are getting the same benefit.. It warms this cold, black heart. Now have fun with that Iceman lmao
  • Not a big fan of discord as we have a large following and known "brand" on Line. YouTube is a difficult nut to crack, but Merek is helping with that. I've spoken with @Atromix about it as well but it's up to him as to whether he wants to participate or not. Either way, both we and the participants thoroughly enjoy it.. It's been fun to watch it grow, and we'll continue to develop it as we move forward. I do appreciate the suggestions tho!

And if anyone wants to join and see a little more of what it's about, add me on Line.. chunkybudz

New events start in March
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Thanks for taking the time and put these challenges together it really has been fun and engaging competing against everyone. Y’all are very creative with the challenges to make them very hard and competitive. Keep it going!!!
  • Yeah you guys did great with this tournament. So much fun competing and getting to know a lot of cool folks who plays this game!
  • Great tournament and competition u guys are running, I’m looking forward to the final rounds.
    Adz